In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• hey! have fun on the land of no land but ocean and land underneath!
  • I love snakes wub.gif

Rosa biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jul 20 2007, 01:40 PM)
    We were at the beach
    Everybody had matching towels
    Somebody went under the dock
    and there they saw a rock
    but it wasn't a roooccck
    IT WAS A ROCK LOBSTER!

QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 20 2007, 03:46 PM)
    Motion in the ocean
    His air hose broke
    Lots of trouble
    Lots of bubble
    He was in a jam
    Said the giant clam!!!

ha you guys rule!
  • I went to Applebee's today, and one of the waiters looked just like Prince, only like 20 years old, and wearing an applebee's uniform instead of insane purple outfits. It was great.
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Jul 22 2007, 07:36 AM)
    I love snakes wub.gif

Rosa biggrin.gif

I held a baby snake the other day!! She was absolutely gorgeous!!!
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Jul 21 2007, 07:00 PM)
    I went to Applebee's today, and one of the waiters looked just like Prince, only like 20 years old, and wearing an applebee's uniform instead of insane purple outfits. It was great.

hahaha wow thats interesting..
  • We had to put my cat down today. I'm in a state of denial. Why am I writing this on a public forum? Is that fucked up or what? He was MY CAT. Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck.

I want someone to pick a fight with me so I can take out my anger. I won't, of course, but this is the first time in my life I've WANTED to get in a fight.

How can I stop crying whenever I see his old food bowl?
  • Oh no! Amy I'm so sorry....
    *hugs*

I know it's never much consolation when you're actually going through it, but if it helps, whenever we have to put anything down at the vets I work at and I get upset, I just remember that they're no longer in any pain or discomfort, and that whatever happens afterwards is a release from the problems they had in life. And I completely understand that when it's your own pet it's hard to think that way, but I'm sure you gave him a wonderful life and you've done the best that you could for him.

If you want to start a fight with me, I'll try to oblige...
  • Amy, I'm so sorry. If I could, I would get into a BattleBots war with you right now.
  • i felt the same way when my love bird past away... it was one of the saddest moments ever. I still get a little choked up sometimes when i pass by where her cage used to be.

my cousins cat is really ill too. Its so sad to see him in pain when he used to be so feisty.

...just try and remember your cats' snuggle wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 22 2007, 09:54 PM)
    Oh no! Amy I'm so sorry....
    *hugs*

I know it's never much consolation when you're actually going through it, but if it helps, whenever we have to put anything down at the vets I work at and I get upset, I just remember that they're no longer in any pain or discomfort, and that whatever happens afterwards is a release from the problems they had in life. And I completely understand that when it's your own pet it's hard to think that way, but I'm sure you gave him a wonderful life and you've done the best that you could for him.

If you want to start a fight with me, I'll try to oblige...

QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 23 2007, 01:02 AM)
    Amy, I'm so sorry. If I could, I would get into a BattleBots war with you right now.

QUOTE (Felster @ Jul 23 2007, 01:21 AM)
    i felt the same way when my love bird past away... it was one of the saddest moments ever. I still get a little choked up sometimes when i pass by where her cage used to be.

my cousins cat is really ill too. Its so sad to see him in pain when he used to be so feisty.

...just try and remember your cats' snuggle wub.gif

Thank you all so much. I really appreciate all the very, very kind words. I know he's no longer in pain, it was just so sudden (they think he had a blood clot or stroke and it was only this morning when we found him out front, his back legs paralyzed). But I know it's OK.
    Alice, it's got to be hard to work at a vet's office. The people we talked to today were all so sweet and kind and I can't imagine how difficult their job must be.
    Kay, you know our BattleBots must work together for robot glory, but I appreciate the sentiment. smile.gif
    Fel, I'm so sorry about your bird; I can only imagine how difficult it must have been. I do remember his snuggle.

Thank you.
  • sad.gif That's awful. I feel for you... I'm TERRIBLE with loss.
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Jul 23 2007, 01:51 AM)
    sad.gif That's awful. I feel for you... I'm TERRIBLE with loss.

Thank you hun. I know, I just can't deal with it. It really doesn't help that I have more than plenty hormones coursing through my veins this week, but I have so much trouble with loss and death. I don't know if it's the same for you, but it always feels so surreal. I had to ask my boyfriend what day it was because I honestly forgot if it was Sunday or Saturday.
  • i like how i become suddenly interesting to any living creature only when i try to study
  • Is anyone else thrilled with 0076's mighty return to the boards?
  • Well, a good number of older boardies have since left (or maybe I'm just imagining things as, in truth, there are still a great number who flit around and I've not even been around that long).

I feel like we should bake a cake.
  • it will be short-lived. though i do kinda miss being around here. all the new people are weird though. no darbie, but also no caddy and no whatever that fat girl's name is. i hated them the most. i never talked to that one girl before, the one with the french name who is my lawyer and hurls cats before tonight. my only saving grace is making fun of sweetness and talking about weezer with you.
  • though i like the word might being thrown around. it's just a fun word to say.
  • Darbie's still here!