In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• yeah what was the really "hip" song jewel sang
  • haha ok so im listening to techno and im listening to the pink pather remix and like its freaking amazing bc i can so me like having this blaring in my car and acting like im on a chase and ramp up a sidewalk or somthing haha
  • I hated Jewel. the only song I can remember right now is who will save your soul, but I don't think that's the one you're talking about.

Sorry.

*sigh* now I have to know. let me ask google.
  • You were meant for me?
  • It sounds like someone is pouring an ocean on my house!!

...I hate storms.
  • im not sure what the song is called lol but i remember one song was awesome of hers
  • im leavin for illinois tomorow
    im bringin my laptop cause they have wifi
    im really tired lol.
    o and i have to small cavitys
    haha
    but i dont care cause i had the cute dentist

didnt that one chick in tlc
    left eye chick
    she died in a plane crash right?
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Aug 18 2007, 04:14 AM)
    im leavin for illinois tomorow
    im bringin my laptop cause they have wifi
    im really tired lol.
    o and i have to small cavitys
    haha
    but i dont care cause i had the cute dentist

didnt that one chick in tlc
    left eye chick
    she died in a plane crash right?

Ooh what are you doing in Illinois?

I know Left Eye died, but I don't know how, or what she was from.
  • Oh that's right, she did. I think it was a motorcycle crash actually. I could be wrong.
  • is that why they stopped singing
  • aww thats sad
  • yumm fries in bbq sauce
  • Lopes had already started work on both her second solo album and on songs for the fourth TLC album, 3D, when she was killed in a car accident in Honduras on April 25, 2002. She was the sole victim of eight people in the vehicle (a Mitsubishi Pajero). The vehicle rolled several times, throwing Lisa out the window. She died from severe head injuries. Lisa's mother Wanda later tried to sue Mitsubishi Motors, as the Pajero was prone to rollovers.

Lopes had been in Honduras doing missionary work. She was in the process of setting up education and services for Honduran children, while also volunteering at a children's centre. It is said by those close to her that she had been undergoing a spiritual epiphany and had recently ended a month-long fast prior to her death. Her funeral was held at New Birth Missionary Baptist Church in Lithonia, Georgia. Over 30,000 fans came from all over the world to farewell their hero. Lopes was buried at Hillandale Cemetery, also in Lithonia.

The controversy over autopsy photos which had been leaked following her death led to a protest by NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Earnhardt painted a stripe next to the left headlight decal on his #8 Chevrolet Monte Carlo for the Pontiac Excitement 400 at Richmond International Raceway to protest the display of her autopsy photos. A similar controversy befell Earnhardt after the death of his father, Dale Earnhardt, Sr. a year earlier.

A documentary on the final 26 days of Lisa Lopes titled, Last Days of Left Eye premiered May 19, 2007 on VH1 and VH1 Soul. The program features Lopes driving and swerving off the road, moments before she died.

During this documentary, it is revealed that Lopes felt she was being chased by a spirit, intending her harm. Shortly before her death, a car Lisa is riding in hits and kills a small child. Lopes shows his shoes in the documentary, and saying, "His last name was Lopez. Isn't that something?" She felt that the spirit killed him by mistake.
  • omg that is soo sad and scaring
  • ok, I just need to say that my last Grandparent died on Thursday and I'm unable to go to the funeral as it's far away. I feel very bad because I know that my Mother and Aunt could really use the support.

It is a very complicated situation and everyone understands, but I still feel badly.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.
  • That's terrible!!! sad.gif I'm so sorry to hear that.

• QUOTE (hungrylikethewolf @ Aug 18 2007, 01:39 PM)
    ok, I just need to say that my last Grandparent died on Thursday and I'm unable to go to the funeral as it's far away. I feel very bad because I know that my Mother and Aunt could really use the support.

It is a very complicated situation and everyone understands, but I still feel badly.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Oh, I'm sorry. My last grandparent died recently too. I couldn't be there for the funeral either, but my Mom went down to Florida to help my grandma out around the house and to be with her (we kind of knew she wasn't going to live much longer), so I'm happy she at least got to do that. Afterall, it was her mother. She was also able to do that for my grandpa. It's hard having family so far away.
  • o i'm really sorry Hungry! sad.gif