In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• aloe vera aloe veraaaaaaaaaaa i get lobsterized every summer and aloe makes it all better. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 28 2007, 11:46 AM)
    Oooo ouch. Well erm... lobster can be hot, right? *looks hopeful*
    Don't give up on the cute top! Moisturize and it'll go down before the show, won't it...?
    And what's the top like, dear?

So moisturizing actually does help? Because I've been doing that like crazy, but I wasn't sure if that was good or bad (I usually just embrace the paleness and never tan. That's right - I tried to bronze myself for Rufus.)

Okay, apparently the Old Navy website and I just don't get along. A picture of the actual top is nowhere to be found, and since drawing it in MSPaint just wouldn't do it justice, here is a dress that *kind of* looks like it.

The sleeves aren't that long, and it's of course the size of a shirt, and it's dark brown with tiny blue polka-dots.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Aug 28 2007, 12:03 PM)
    aloe vera aloe veraaaaaaaaaaa i get lobsterized every summer and aloe makes it all better. smile.gif

I tried using the goop from my mom's aloe vera plant last night, I guess it helped a little..but should I try a store-bought gel?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 28 2007, 05:10 PM)
    So moisturizing actually does help? Because I've been doing that like crazy, but I wasn't sure if that was good or bad (I usually just embrace the paleness and never tan. That's right - I tried to bronze myself for Rufus.)

To be honest, I haven't a clue. I'm guessing about the moisturizing thing - it doesn't matter how long I sit in the sun, I never go beyond pale. I don't bronze or tan or burn. Nada. Go with Katie's aloe vera idea - that sounds good. And katie - lobsterized is THE coolest word ever. I want to burn just so I can use it.

Ooooo the top sounds pretty!
    Wear it anyway - Rufus will appreciate the loveliness. smile.gif
  • He'd better! Or he'll be like "Oh, look - they let that poor girl out of the Burn Unit at the hospital just for my show, how precious."
  • laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Noooo...!

First he'll think "cute top", then his eyes will go up towards the cleavage (pauses) then face (stops)
    And then he'll be all
    "Woah, I have to rethink this gay thing...."
    Then he'll dedicate a song to you and you can whisk him away to the ark.
    Flawless plan.
  • aloe works the best for me... thats so cool your mom has a plant though... lol i would have NO idea if that would work... i'm assuming it couldn't hurt... but i always keep the gel on hand b/c i'm lazy and forget to reapply when i'm at the beach and i seriously turn the darkest red possible. i also look like a burn victim.

hahaha use the word all you want my love. you give me so many great words, i owe you some!! smile.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 28 2007, 09:10 AM)

Okay, apparently the Old Navy website and I just don't get along. A picture of the actual top is nowhere to be found, and since drawing it in MSPaint just wouldn't do it justice, here is a dress that *kind of* looks like it.

The sleeves aren't that long, and it's of course the size of a shirt, and it's dark brown with tiny blue polka-dots.

this is because your shirt is VERY NEW!
    and its not on the old navy site yet.
    i'm pretty sure i know what top you're talking about.. square neck with like three seams along the neckline and its like a cotton material i think and theres a beige version too right?
    anywho, all the stores are receiving a lot of new merchandise this week (er actually they started to last week as well), so the website should be updated to include your top soon.
    k sorry had to do that, the employee thing kicked in ha.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 28 2007, 12:12 PM)
    I tried using the goop from my mom's aloe vera plant last night, I guess it helped a little..but should I try a store-bought gel?

I find the aloe plants don't have enough in them for sunburn. And they are a bit more painful to apply. They are wonderful for burns from say, a candle or something, but I never use it for sunburn. I use the aloe vero gel if I use anything, which always seems to help a lot.
  • sad.gif double post.
  • Thanks for the advice, guys - I bought a big tube of aloe gelly today and hopefully I'll be miraculously cured before show (that is, you know, if we win...)

QUOTE (Electra @ Aug 28 2007, 12:20 PM)
    laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Noooo...!

First he'll think "cute top", then his eyes will go up towards the cleavage (pauses) then face (stops)
    And then he'll be all
    Then he'll dedicate a song to you and you can whisk him away to the ark.
    Flawless plan.

You're forgetting the part where Ro claws my eyes out and kidnaps him to keep for herself!

QUOTE (amberdino @ Aug 28 2007, 01:01 PM)
    this is because your shirt is VERY NEW!
    and its not on the old navy site yet.
    i'm pretty sure i know what top you're talking about.. square neck with like three seams along the neckline and its like a cotton material i think and theres a beige version too right?
    anywho, all the stores are receiving a lot of new merchandise this week (er actually they started to last week as well), so the website should be updated to include your top soon.
    k sorry had to do that, the employee thing kicked in ha.

Bahaha, thanks for the customer service! Sounds like the right one, hopefully I'll be able to grace the 'ultimate girly thread' with its presence.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 28 2007, 08:06 PM)
    You're forgetting the part where Ro claws my eyes out and kidnaps him to keep for herself!

Revised edition:

And then he'll be all
    Then he'll dedicate a song to you
    Ro will get uberly jealous and start a fight with you
    Rufus notices you two fighting over him
    He decides that, what with his years of homosexuality, he's got a lot of catching up to do on the women front
    He tells you that he loves you both and you can share him
    And you can whisk him away to the ark. which Ro occasionally visits.
    Flawless plan.
  • HAHAHAHA I smell a spinoff where Rufus and I raise fabulous Canadian children and I teach him how to do manly, lumberjacky things!
  • BAHAHAHAHA
    OMG I like the sound of that!
    In lederhosen.
    Ro and I have already decided that it has to be in lederhosen.
    Fair?

What can my spin-off be then?
  • Rufus was on The Tonight Show or something wearing lederhosen.
  • Letterman. And oh, how delightful it was.

And I wouldn't dream of dressing our little frauleins and jungen in anything but tiny lederhosen. Your spinoff can be a series of competitions during which OK Go will be eliminated one by one to determine your real soulmate.

Also: Hilary Duff makes Lederhosen. WTF.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 28 2007, 11:25 PM)
    And I wouldn't dream of dressing our little frauleins and jungen in anything but tiny lederhosen. Your spinoff can be a series of competitions during which OK Go will be eliminated one by one to determine your real soulmate.

wub.gif
    I love you, Kayleigh.

Hahahaha! I really want those, Hilary Duff or no Hilary Duff.
  • yes, you're right, it was Letterman. thanks biggrin.gif and it was delightful!
  • laugh.gif laugh.gif
    You guys are hilarious!!

I never knew those things had a name. Lederhosen. Pretty sweet biggrin.gif
  • yup, lederhosen is pretty intense.