In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• Aww, yay!
    (I re-read it all in a sing song voice biggrin.gif )
  • getting the internet after NOT having it for awhile is the best feeling ever. smile.gif the signals around my house are SO weak, so when our router was broken or just being completely stupid for OVER A WEEK last year, i was going nuts...

and i kinda miss having a land line...
    '

thank you christine! i'm gonna go listen now
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Aug 29 2007, 12:32 AM)
    thank you christine! i'm gonna go listen now

You're welcome!
    I'm going to watch more right now biggrin.gif
  • If I weren't sitting at Starbucks, I would get up and do a jig. In fact, I might do a jig when I officially make a phone call... which will be to my mum.

I never thought I'd miss having my mum around. We have never gotten along well, and now that I'm on the other side of the country I keep calling her. Not for any reason but just to tell her shit. Like, "mummmm I have job interviews." and "Mummmm, I have a home now."

But don't tell my mum that, she's not supposed to know I like her.
  • Aww why not?
  • Hahhaha awww. I love my mom. She's the greatest... and I'm pretty sure even in my "teenage angsty years" we got along just as well too...

oh and, i'm not saying YOU don't love your mom but... thats so cute you're calling her all the time
  • We've had a really crappy relationship almost all my life. I have an even crappier relationship with her parents and every time I'd complain about them coming to visit every single holiday I got she'd give me this spiel about how when I move out of home I'm going to want her to come visit me and I'm going to want to talk to her and I should just shut up and deal.

I seriously dislike being wrong lol. But it's good, clearly my mother and I just shouldn't live together. I had hoped moving away would help us get closer and from the looks of it that's happening so yeah, it's good. I just don't want to admit to being wrong.

I have a pretty crappy relationship with both parents, actually, I see my father about once a year if I'm really lucky. I know deep down I do love them, but I didn't really grow up in the kind of family that openly says i love you to each other so for me it's really awkward saying it to either of them.
  • i get what you mean... i'm not close with my dad AT. ALL. and yeah, i can relate, with him, on the whole not openly saying "i love you" it's just awkward when we do... but i think the fact that i haven't lived at home for 3 years has really helped my relationship with my mom as well...

on the note of grandparents though... my mom's mom is a REAL piece of work. and we ALL complain about her... so i never get shit for bitching about her... haha. bad, but funny. and it's so true. she's the most difficult person to put up with or get along with. NO. LIE.
  • TICKETS!!!

Good Lord. yes that's a good thing to pack!!!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Aug 29 2007, 02:44 PM)
    i get what you mean... i'm not close with my dad AT. ALL. and yeah, i can relate, with him, on the whole not openly saying "i love you" it's just awkward when we do... but i think the fact that i haven't lived at home for 3 years has really helped my relationship with my mom as well...
    on the note of grandparents though... my mom's mom is a REAL piece of work. and we ALL complain about her... so i never get shit for bitching about her... haha. bad, but funny. and it's so true. she's the most difficult person to put up with or get along with. NO. LIE.

lol yeah. My Dad lives in Japan, his second wife and new daughter (my half sister) live in Cambodia, so he splits his time between those two countries and rarely comes to Australia. When he does it's usually because he's bought something shiny and wants to bring it to Australia for whatever reason. Like, right now he's just bought himself a boat and he's bringing that down at the end of the year. He being a self absorbed, inconsiderate asshole will more than likely not bring my baby sister (who I adore more than anything) because he's seen her recently and it would cost money to bring her with him. It would never occur to him that his eldest daughter would like to have a relationship with his youngest. He also likes to complain that he is poor and my mother stole all his money in the divorce (NB: Big fat lie). Therefore my relationship with him is quite shitty.
  • yikesssss. that actually sounds like the situation with a friend of mine... my dad was just a crappy dad. he never did ANYTHING with me as a child and i totally resented him when they went through the divorce. i didn't think he deserved to find another woman ever, let alone ever be happy again. when i was still in high school, he lived, literally 2 minutes from my mom's place and i NEVER saw him... not much has changed... but i don't care. he is also a self-absorbed asshole. but a broke one. he's a musician too... yikes.

but i'm sorry for you sad.gif that situation is horrible.
  • We should start an "Our Daddy's Suck" club of some sort.
  • Agreed. You can be the Pres, and I'll be the VP
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Aug 29 2007, 03:04 PM)
    Agreed. You can be the Pres, and I'll be the VP

We should have badges and a song.
  • i will try to contribute. i'm not very good at lyricisizing (is that a word?) my thoughts
  • If it's not a word it should become one.
  • agreed again. God you're so smart.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH laugh.gif
  • Srsly, I'm the bomb. lmao

Might I also say you have a fantastic name.
  • hahah thank you very much. smile.gif and just for names sake... what IS your real name? And I do suppose I'll take God for an answer. Hahha