In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Sep 1 2007, 04:57 PM)
    oh no, thats sad things are getting slow around here with everybody gone like nobody is posting in the ok go forums that often and i keep checking back and nothing is new......october........hmmm......thats a month away........darn...but i hope you are having a wonderful time!

Aww don't worry. I guarantee you come the middle of September, this place will get lively again. At that time is usually when boardies start getting hw assignments and all come here to avoid doing their hw. Trust me, I'm one of them laugh.gif
  • haha yeah thats what i do haha i have been getting test like everyday and luckily i pay attention in class bc i never study lol bc im always on here wondering whats new if what i missed lol
  • It's the strangest feeling to live somewhere so incredibley rural. I'm all excited to be going shopping again! My cell phone works again too! I really am a suburban/urban person. I got some pretty Indian Jewlery today and watched a Hopi Indian ceremonial dance. That was pretty cool. Lol, but still, I'm so glad to have my own internet and tv again. Well, Christy, time to go call my mommy so she knows I arrived safely. Then gotta find a restaurant to eat at. *hugs to you and the boardies* tongue.gif
  • aww have fun the rest of the time and good luck on finding a good restaurant!!

*hugs back*
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 1 2007, 11:46 PM)
    OmG OmG OmG, Hot Damn!!!

I'm spending 6 weeks on an Indian Reservation and am having an awesome time, but....there's no internet connection where I live there and this board is blocked at work. Oh I've had such withdrawl. Damian should rewrite Television Television to include the internet! I'm spending Labor Day weekend at a nice hotel in Flagstaff and I have free wireless internet. Oh, I'm kveling! (yiddish for freaking out w/ happiness). I missed you guys!

Welcome back Tempe!

I have bed bugs. "Well Amy," you may ask, "what do bed bugs exactly look like?"

Well funny you should ask!

Yeah. My boyfriend is coming up tomorrow. We're going to hunt them with tiny spears and mount their heads on tiny little wooden plaques to keep the others away.
  • haha eww lol have fun with that! lol
  • I honest to god freaked out when I realized the little bugs I've been seeing every once in a while are fucking BED BUGS that crawl on me at night. I don't mind getting bitten (for serious, I am the queen of mosquito bites), but seriously? They look like little aliens.

Then I realized (and by "I realized" I mean "my roommate told me as I was ripping all my covers off of my bed") they did not spread any diseases and are just pesty. Therefore, I am going to name them and take out every single one.

It's like Global Guts and my bed is the Agro Crag.
  • OMG I LOVED THE SHOW GUTS!!
  • I KNOW! And you could win a piece of the agro crag. Fucking superb.

Do you happen to remember Nick Arcade? All the kids were in a sort of video-game and had to navigate it or something. I remember thinking that it was so high tech.
  • haha yeah do you remember the game with the big head and they had to guess what the kids talent was that was my favorite
  • Yeah! Oh and the ultimate classic: Legends of the Hidden Temple

My friend was studying latin american culture and mentioned an olmec. I turned to her, completely thrilled, and yelled "LIKE IN LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE?" I think she was not as excited as I was.

• haha that statue always kinda scared me lol and when they would go through the thing and the guys would pop out and ask for part of the medallion or something like if that were me i think i would pee myself if someone jumped out at me lol
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 1 2007, 04:34 PM)
    hmm i suppose Melbourne isn't looking so bad now. Actually, i'll be going there for a little while during christmas holidays so mabye i can escape some of the summer heat smile.gif

omg i would vote for you!! yes! i think you should run for pm, you'd do a better job than howard or rudd!! they will never realise that australia's votes are really tied up with banning of children from public transport!!

w00t. If you are coming to Melb at the end of the year we should catch up and do somethin', IDK. We can get lost in the City together 'cause my ability to navigate here is still pretty lame.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Sep 1 2007, 11:02 AM)
    I just spent the past hour and a half helping out with an operation on a bearded dragon, which is a breed of lizard.
    This included passing equipment to the veterinary surgeon, helping to resuscitate the poor reptile when she died, and adjusting the dials controlling the anesthetic gas to keep her under without killing her again. And restraining her when she woke up in the middle of the operation.

I thought that was pretty random. blink.gif

Wow! Did she make it?
  • I finally caved and upgraded to the newer version of Firefox. And... spell check!? BRILLIANT!

Thank you, Mozilla, for your attempt to bring out the eloquence in people. I don't think it'll work, but I love you for trying.

EDIT: Am I still Elementary School? It's been the longest time since a status change.
  • legends of the hidden temple!!!
    and guts too!
    oh hell yea.. old school nick was awesome.

remember... salute your shorts! and clarissa explains it all.
    and my favorite - HEY ARNOLD!!
  • Aww I miss childhood shows.
    Ooh! Do you remember The Adventures of Alex mack (soemthing like that)!?

QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Sep 2 2007, 01:33 AM)
    I finally caved and upgraded to the newer version of Firefox. And... spell check!? BRILLIANT!

Thank you, Mozilla, for your attempt to bring out the eloquence in people. I don't think it'll work, but I love you for trying.

Really? I wonder if I have the newest version. Where is this spell check feature?
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 2 2007, 01:36 PM)
    w00t. If you are coming to Melb at the end of the year we should catch up and do somethin', IDK. We can get lost in the City together 'cause my ability to navigate here is still pretty lame.

Oooh yes! sounds like fun! I've heard great things about the shopping in Melb. haha, getting lost in the city reminds me of the ad for Melb with the string and the Chaser's ad road test for it laugh.gif They're back next week!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (amberdino @ Sep 2 2007, 04:30 PM)
    legends of the hidden temple!!!
    and guts too!
    oh hell yea.. old school nick was awesome.

remember... salute your shorts! and clarissa explains it all.
    and my favorite - HEY ARNOLD!!

I've been wondering what the name of Legends of the Hidden Temple was for aaages! I had cable for one summer holiday, years and years ago and I couldn't for the life of me remember what that show was called! Thanks tonetoile!!
    I loved Hey Arnold! that one was on free tv so i got to see the whole series.

QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Sep 2 2007, 04:36 PM)
    Aww I miss childhood shows.
    Ooh! Do you remember The Adventures of Alex mack (soemthing like that)!?

Yes! I watched that! This is beginning to sound like almost every bio and legal class I have... somehow we always end up talking about old tv shows!!

Good times.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Sep 2 2007, 06:30 AM)
    remember... salute your shorts!

Camp Ananwana, we hold you in our hearts, and when we think about you...
    IT MAKES ME WANNA FART

(it's never be apart! Get it right or pay the price!)
  • I love a cold hotel room wub.gif

And tonetoile, if we just put a picture of my cousin's head on that bedbug, the world would make sense.