In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• haha shalu, mine have been changing so rapidly lately (i think i'm in the joke series) i don't even notice the change til' the jokes don't make sense when i read them... lol

aaaaand there was an earthquake in cali?? go me for being up to date on things.

This is how I feel felt.

Now bed bugs are just hilarious. I am going downstairs to watch the end of Thank You for Smoking with my roommates in my apartment which is beginning to feel like a home. I think it was because I mopped; I always feel better after a good cleaning.
  • haha that pic ^ is creepy hehe

today was my first day of school.
    it lasted 3 hours.
    we did nothing.

did u guys start school yet?
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Sep 4 2007, 03:58 PM)
    ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
    you swear to yourself!
    that is too cool
    cool.gif

seriously, I'm the greatest. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 4 2007, 04:33 PM)
    Haha, i'm thinking shopping in Melb isn't a very good idea since I no longer have a job unsure.gif
    Ahh the stupid americans segments were GOLD!! I loved this one:
    Chaser: Where does KFC come from?
    Random: Uhhm I don't know...
    Chaser: Do you know what KFC stands for?
    Random: Yeah! Kentucky Fried Chicken!!!

idk there were so many good ones from those bits! ohh and "lameass" laugh.gif good times.
    I hope they do something with the election too, i've noticed a very big drop in political humour lately. They're going more for lameass stunts and i miss the satire, they were the reason I actually started to give a damn about politics.

Have you heard they might be doing a Borat-type thing in America soon? I think it would be interesting because most australians know them now so they'll get better reactions in another country.

The Chasers group make my heart flutter. I still think they have a lot of time in Australia left, though. Sure some people are starting to recognise them but as long as they're on ABC their viewers are always going to be limited, which is why they should never sell out like Kath and Kim and move to Channel 7.

QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Sep 5 2007, 12:59 PM)
    haha that pic ^ is creepy hehe

today was my first day of school.
    it lasted 3 hours.
    we did nothing.

did u guys start school yet?

I graduated in July sad.gif No more school for me. Just $24,000 debt.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 5 2007, 02:14 PM)
    The Chasers group make my heart flutter. I still think they have a lot of time in Australia left, though. Sure some people are starting to recognise them but as long as they're on ABC their viewers are always going to be limited, which is why they should never sell out like Kath and Kim and move to Channel 7.

you know the bob dylan promo? i actually gasped when it said they're moving to channel 7 laugh.gif
    I think Kath and Kim have made it work ok but if the Chaser moved they'd be working for the very people they make fun of. They'd have to side with ACA or Today Tonight ohmy.gif
    I'm really looking forward to abc tonight, Summer Heights High looks like fun too!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 4 2007, 08:32 PM)

This is how I feel felt.

Now bed bugs are just hilarious. I am going downstairs to watch the end of Thank You for Smoking with my roommates in my apartment which is beginning to feel like a home. I think it was because I mopped; I always feel better after a good cleaning.

omg tone... do you really have bed bugs??? that's seriously terrifying.... BUT... i'm glad you are starting to feel more at home in your apt smile.gif
  • Yep. I have honest-to-goodness bed bugs. However, we have Calamine lotion and are attempting to keep them at bay. It's honestly just as bad as a bunch of mosquito bites... maybe a little itchier, but not much. I just enjoy complaining
  • O it seems as if this is the 1 year anniversary on the boards.(but not of loving OK Go!) How cool/random.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 5 2007, 02:31 PM)
    you know the bob dylan promo? i actually gasped when it said they're moving to channel 7 laugh.gif
    I think Kath and Kim have made it work ok but if the Chaser moved they'd be working for the very people they make fun of. They'd have to side with ACA or Today Tonight ohmy.gif
    I'm really looking forward to abc tonight, Summer Heights High looks like fun too!

Yeah Chasers could never move to one of the major networks. You know they'd be censored and they just don't work like that.

Is it bad that I think ACA is the lesser of two evils? I have a friend who's currently working for Today Tonight and therefore part of me feels like I should prefer them, but as far as trashy tabloid current affairs go, I prefer ACA.
  • I actually agree with you, ACA is bad but TT is worse. I think it's because i find Anna far more irritating (i do love her segues though)
    It was nice to see the boys back, the APEC segment was really good. I loved it when Chas was in Melbourne trying to search people and i thought the bogan shirts were very appropriate laugh.gif

oh, and happy anniversary Patty!
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 6 2007, 02:57 PM)
    I actually agree with you, ACA is bad but TT is worse. I think it's because i find Anna far more irritating (i do love her segues though)
    It was nice to see the boys back, the APEC segment was really good. I loved it when Chas was in Melbourne trying to search people and i thought the bogan shirts were very appropriate laugh.gif

oh, and happy anniversary Patty!

My favourite segment ever would have to be when they went into a clothing store and one sang about how his pants were too tight and the others were too baggy. And the one where one of them complained about prejudice against people who wore stockings over their heads.

And TT does far more of the judgemental asides. "Isn't that disgusting?" "Absolutely despicable" etcetera. Whatshername always pissed me off, too. I don't know what I think of her replacement but I did a jig when she left. I felt dirty when I had to watch TT for research purposes. I resented my lecturer for a good semester.
  • OH MY FUCKING GOD PAVAROTTI IS DEAD.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 6 2007, 02:59 PM)
    My favourite segment ever would have to be when they went into a clothing store and one sang about how his pants were too tight and the others were too baggy. And the one where one of them complained about prejudice against people who wore stockings over their heads.

And TT does far more of the judgemental asides. "Isn't that disgusting?" "Absolutely despicable" etcetera. Whatshername always pissed me off, too. I don't know what I think of her replacement but I did a jig when she left. I felt dirty when I had to watch TT for research purposes. I resented my lecturer for a good semester.

That first "if life was a musical" or whatever it's called was amazing! That's one of the ones where i completely lost it, likewise with the stocking head shopper, bloody brilliant!
    One of the best parts of the musical was the fact that nobody in the store was laughing, how could you not be amused by that!? Man, I always wished they'd show up at my work one day and pay us out, we totally deserved it.

Making anyone watch TT is absolutely despicable, what an outrage! You should take your story to ACA, they'd love it!

edit:
    OH MY FUCKING GOD PAVAROTTI IS DEAD.

woah! i don't know what to say.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 6 2007, 03:06 PM)
    That first "if life was a musical" or whatever it's called was amazing! That's one of the ones where i completely lost it, likewise with the stocking head shopper, bloody brilliant!
    One of the best parts of the musical was the fact that nobody in the store was laughing, how could you not be amused by that!? Man, I always wished they'd show up at my work one day and pay us out, we totally deserved it.

Making anyone watch TT is absolutely despicable, what an outrage! You should take your story to ACA, they'd love it!

Oh oh oh, I also love the ticketing segments, especially the one where he gave out tickets to people who gave their children wanky names. That woman who called her kid 'Pegusys Ezekial' because she claimed it was "character building" just killed me. And at the end, those bogan women who genuinely believed they were being ticketed and started cussing up a storm at him. Oh, Chasers.

OH OH. Actually, my favourite would actually have to be when the dude in the US went along to one of the Westboro Church's picketing events (You know, the guys who picket the funerals of AIDs victims and US soldiers with signs that say "GOD HATES FAGS" etc?) and hit on Fred Phelps Jr. That was classic. I was in tears.

But omg. Pavarotti sad.gif
  • http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2007/09/06/2025817.htm

^^^ CHASERS DUO DETAILED OVER APEC STUNT. FUCK. I LOVE THEM SO HARD.

"He says they thought it was feasible Canada would only have three cars in its motorcade."

Poor Canada. lol
  • ^^^
    haha, aww that's Chas' second time! i thought they'd get caught over something to do with apec, it was such a good target for the war!

QUOTE (God @ Sep 6 2007, 03:09 PM)
    Oh oh oh, I also love the ticketing segments, especially the one where he gave out tickets to people who gave their children wanky names. That woman who called her kid 'Pegusys Ezekial' because she claimed it was "character building" just killed me. And at the end, those bogan women who genuinely believed they were being ticketed and started cussing up a storm at him. Oh, Chasers.
    OH OH. Actually, my favourite would actually have to be when the dude in the US went along to one of the Westboro Church's picketing events (You know, the guys who picket the funerals of AIDs victims and US soldiers with signs that say "GOD HATES FAGS" etc?) and hit on Fred Phelps Jr. That was classic. I was in tears.
    But omg. Pavarotti sad.gif

Oh, i loved the one for wanky number plates where the guy took off Julian's hat, "You don't even have any fucking hair!"

The Westboro Church skit was so funny! You'd have to be really brave or extremely stupid.

Gosh, there were so many i loved.

This one was rather funny at the time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXxwBJoXKVg
  • I need help.
    I would like to get my hair re-highlighted before school starts.
    My natural hair color is like super dark brown, borderline black.
    I got highlights in february - they were red, but quickly faded to a coppery light brown, and now they've grown out at least 4-5 inches.
    Now I'd like to get red again, but I don't know what shade, and how thick they should be, etc.
    I'm torn because I want something fun yet classy, and bold yet elegant.
    Let me know if you all have any suggestions or know of any websites that have pictures I could show the stylist.
  • I am in school right now, during my free. UGH! haha boring.
  • Is it Friday yet? I am so ready for the weekend. The first week of school just wipes me out.