In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• aww thanks Tempe. Ya DJs are pretty cool.

Ya the VMA's were at the end of August last year.

O have fun at the reservation!!
  • bye Tempe! have fun, and come back soon!

My Psychology teacher is incredibly awesome. and sometimes the way he talks reminds me of Keith Murray. which is kinda weird, but still awesome.
  • Bye Tempe!

There is a huge snapping turtle walking across my yard to my pond.

Eww and my dog smells like he rolled in something dead.
  • eeewwww I know exactly what that smells like, some breeds have that instinct of rolling on strong odoriferous substances in order to confuse their prey. Bono (my great dane) used to do it all the time until he once tried to roll on a dead blowfish...dumb dog LOL wub.gif

well im still in highschool so i dont have to deal with this stuff, but i think you should tough it out for a week or two to get the feeling. ya never know. it might just seem bad at the moment.
    the shower thing would scare the hell out of me and i would never live anywhere like that. if your really private about yourself like me then you might have to rent an appartment. even tho ur dad isnt there, the okgo forums are. ^^ <3
    Wow Rosa that's quite interesting that you have to share showers..
    Well I suppose if they keep acting like gentlemen then you should be alright, and if you're concerned about shower security you could try showering at odd hours when there aren't any guys there.
    And when you feel unsafe just escape to your room?
    Sorry that isn't much help..

I just watched Chocolat and omg what a fantastic film it was.

Thanks for the input girls, I really appreciate it. smile.gif

Well, renting an apartment is impractical as I'll be in Bogotá for only four more months (standard lease term is one year for that sort of contract here). Spending quality time at this forum helps me relax and everything but my dad used to be a weightlifter so...

Anyways, yesterday was the toughest trial night so far and I think things went smoothly enough; I had been told by a friend this dorm was full of the nerd types and that held true, there was no weird monkey business going on so I think I will just shower at odd hours and try to keep my nerves on check (I almost did a somersault out of bed around midnight when Diego, my next door neighbor, was unlocking the door to his room LOL).

Now that I think about it, it really is a shame we aren't allowed to have pets here, if Bono were around things would be a whole lot different, he's really ultra-zealous protective and I've been asked if he's a cross between great dane and pitbull.

ohh, I'll go rent Chocolat... I've wanted to watch it but have forgotten about it.

Rosa
  • Wow, coed showers, weird. I lived on a coed floor of my dorm, but it was still girls on one side guys on the other, and we had separate bathrooms, but everyone just used which ever one they were closer too. But we usually showered in our own.

That would take some getting used to, but it sounds like you live with some good guys so hopefully you have nothing to worry about. Sounds like they're all very friendly, which is good cause guys got that protective streak in them too. I bet if you ever screamed there'd be a dozen angry guys there wondering what was up! You might actually be safer there than in an all girls dorm.

Just a thought.
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Sep 9 2007, 07:53 AM)
    hahaha you should just get up there and do it, because once you go you'll have so much fun! Me and my brother are definately the crazy dancing people in my family hahah. We're always the ones everyone is watching on the dance floor. I want to be one of those people on the iPod commercials where they just have the the people dancing. That would be so cool. And haha you imagined me doing the robot, well I did haha! I actually wanted to do Bret's angry dance haha

O Vinnie, you don't know what I look like? I have still yet to see what you look like.

hahah, omg...you're crazy porridge wub.gif
    Oh, and I don't think you guys would want to see what I look like. It's not pretty sad.gif

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 9 2007, 08:55 AM)
    Don't worry, patty and I will get you dancing in NY biggrin.gif

haha, I don't know about that unsure.gif Oh, but maybe if I'm dancing with Paul. Then we'll both look like sexy dancing fools and that's alright with me biggrin.gif

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 9 2007, 05:54 PM)
    My Psychology teacher is incredibly awesome. and sometimes the way he talks reminds me of Keith Murray. which is kinda weird, but still awesome.

aww, omg, that's sexy
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Sep 9 2007, 08:40 PM)
    Well, renting an apartment is impractical as I'll be in Bogotá for only four more months (standard lease term is one year for that sort of contract here). Spending quality time at this forum helps me relax and everything but my dad used to be a weightlifter so...

Anyways, yesterday was the toughest trial night so far and I think things went smoothly enough; I had been told by a friend this dorm was full of the nerd types and that held true, there was no weird monkey business going on so I think I will just shower at odd hours and try to keep my nerves on check (I almost did a somersault out of bed around midnight when Diego, my next door neighbor, was unlocking the door to his room LOL).

Now that I think about it, it really is a shame we aren't allowed to have pets here, if Bono were around things would be a whole lot different, he's really ultra-zealous protective and I've been asked if he's a cross between great dane and pitbull.

ohh, I'll go rent Chocolat... I've wanted to watch it but have forgotten about it.

Rosa

You can always carry a whistle. But then again, it's a little awkward to carry it around because, from the sound of it, the guys seem pretty nice and carrying around a whistle would look like you were EXPECTING them to do something.

I have to agree with the "showering at odd hours" technique. I think it's a matter also of being confident and maybe getting a good rapport with a couple of the guys at least (it seems like you're on your way to that already) so that rather than worrying about it, you know that you'll have people watching your back (as Wolf said).
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Sep 9 2007, 05:04 PM)
    aww, omg, that's sexy

haha, besides the fact that he's almost forty and gay, sure. =P
    but no. it is kinda awesome.
    and the class is gonna be tons of fun.
  • haha rosa i do the same with the doors i my house lol
    and u could get a biosphere instead of a real pet ^^
    haha sea monkeys aswell

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand. Long time the manxome foe he sought, so rested he by the Tumtum tree, and stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood, the Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, came whiffling through the tulgey wood and burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through the vorpal blade went snicker-snack! He left it dead, and with its head he went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock? Come to my arms, my beamish boy! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.
  • Kingdom Hearts III is gonna be awesome.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 10 2007, 05:21 AM)

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun the frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand. Long time the manxome foe he sought, so rested he by the Tumtum tree, and stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood, the Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, came whiffling through the tulgey wood and burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through the vorpal blade went snicker-snack! He left it dead, and with its head he went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabberwock? Come to my arms, my beamish boy! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!" He chortled in his joy.

I love you for this wub.gif
  • Boogety Boogety!!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Sep 10 2007, 01:58 PM)
    I love you for this wub.gif

<3

Even though Lewis Carroll was kind of a total creep, I adore Jabberwocky. So much so that I memorized it back in the day and often go over it in my head when I'm nervous. (Usually this means pre-auditions. I have this mildly elaborate pre-audition/callback/show ritual of reciting lines in my head from Jabberwocky and listening to Philip Glass' "Knee 5" from Einstein on the Beach over and over. I'm a winner.)
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 10 2007, 07:18 PM)
    Even though Lewis Carroll was kind of a total creep, I adore Jabberwocky. So much so that I memorized it back in the day and often go over it in my head when I'm nervous.

That's scary. I memorized it when I was young as well, and I recite it in my head when I'm stressed. How strange... I also used to write out the alphabet, close my eyes and pick letters, rearrange them to make the name of a monster and write similar poems.

I just loved the fact that you knew it at all. A while ago a friend asked "when does anyone ever use the word 't'was'?", and I replied by reciting the first line of Jabberwocky. She asked me if I'd made it up myself. When I stared at her, incredulously, no one in the vicinity could understand my outrage. No one at all.
  • Seriously? I mean, he invented the word "chortle."

I think it's just a really relaxing thing to say in one's head since it's so onomatopoeic.
  • JABBERWOCKY! I love you guys.
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Sep 10 2007, 09:40 PM)
    JABBERWOCKY! I love you guys.

meeeetoooooooo <3
  • does anybody else think conatct lenses are annoying?? does anybody else actually wear contact lenses?? ...my eyes are hurting... stupid contacts... i suppose i do actually like them... they do make me be able to see... that's always good... but when i stab myself in the eye really hard, or i scratch my eye... i'm just like 'aah, why do i wear contacts??'

...i've finished with my rant now... it was a bit random really, but not to me... they're annoying me.... blink.gif
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Sep 11 2007, 06:34 AM)
    does anybody else think conatct lenses are annoying?? does anybody else actually wear contact lenses?? ...my eyes are hurting... stupid contacts... i suppose i do actually like them... they do make me be able to see... that's always good... but when i stab myself in the eye really hard, or i scratch my eye... i'm just like 'aah, why do i wear contacts??'

...i've finished with my rant now... it was a bit random really, but not to me... they're annoying me.... blink.gif

I got contacts two years ago, and I hated them. Six weeks into them, I threw them all away and went back to my glasses. They gave me massive headaches and my eyes always felt like someone was pulling them open. The doctors said I'd get used to them, but I figured six weeks was enough.