In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• Emmy thoughts..

1. Most of the jokes weren't funny. Disappointing.
    2. Hayden was so ORANGE. ORANGE ORANGE ORANGE.
    3. I almost like Katherine Heigl. Almost.
    4. 30 Rock won comedy? RANDOM. I love Tina Fey, so I can't complain. But no one saw that one coming...
    5. They totally shut out The Office. Not cool.
    6. COLBERT/STEWART/CARELL FTW!
    7. America Ferrara looked seriously depressed the whole time.
    8. Waaay too many miniseries awards. No one cares about miniseries.
    9. Tony Bennett gets on my nervesss.
    10. Sally Field's acceptance speech... oh, God.
    11. Charlie Sheen is and will forever be a douche.
    12. Christina's performance... borring.
    13. Rainn Wilson + Kanye West = hahah.
    14. Conan's hair!
    15. Portia de Rossi's dress.
    16. Ryan's weird plastic tie.
    17. Kate Walsh's hair... what was going on there?

Um... that's it? Yeah, it was pretty boring.
  • Steve shrieking like a girl and Rainn vs. Kanye were definitely the highlights. Oh, and Helen Mirren having the balls to diss Americans in front of everyone.
  • Rainn was bustin' some rhyme at the end there, wasn't he? So cute...
  • Ahhhh. I need to see Across the Universe asap, if only for the soundtrack...
  • Chicken flavored rice is delicious.

Not exactly filling though.

Ah, hunger. I know you well.
  • i'm pissed i missed the emmy's... but i guess i didn't miss much, shalu? except... rainn wilson and kanye would have been magical.
  • i's having a Buffy marathon.

I love the first three seasons but IDK after Angel leaves for his spin-off it just wasn't as brilliant. Probably because buffy and angels relationship is the greatest fictional tortured romance of all time. Fuck Romeo and Juliet. Every time I hear the Buffy and Angel theme song I die a little on the inside and nothing kills me more than the season 2 finale.
  • OK Go just wrote on my wall at Facebook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!:) smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
  • As I sat around this afternoon, I started feeling terrible. I've been tired, irritable, and all that jazz. Admittedly, half comes from hormones, but I suddenly realized that the other half has come from eating like shit the past week.

Since I live in the city, I walk about 5+ miles a day, not to mention all the stair-climbing and power walking to get to class on time. Still, I've been eating milk shakes, Chinese food, pizza, $2.50 cheeseburgers, the entire lot. And I feel like poop! No wonder.

So today, I ran to the store and picked out all the veggies and fruit I wanted (for some reason, they're all super cheap compared to whatever processed foods are shelved). $1 package of cherry tomatoes. $1 bushel of bananas. $2 bag of apples. $2 bag of huuuge carrots.

Eating them, maybe it's psychosomatic, but I swear I feel better already. Fuck, my boyfriend's rants on "what you put into your body affects how you feel" are actually true.
  • do any of you guys watch Beauty and the Geek? I normally don't... but tonight, my roommate wanted to watch the season premiere and... well... lol someone just needs to tell me if they watch or not..
  • I've seen random episodes Katie, but I don't watch all the time.
    I didn't watch the premiere last night, but I saw in the commercials there was going to be a guy beauty and a girl geek!
  • you are right ambs!! and here's what totally freaked me out about it...

meet the male beauty:

that's me (wasted, disregard me) on the left, Sam Horrigan (beauty) in the middle and my roomie Jess on the right... yeah. He was at our house last year. We umm... lol anyway nevermind. Seriously. It's fucking bizarre to see him on TV now
  • OMG KATIE!!!!
    dude that is sooo crazy!!
    Wow, I'm sure you'll watch this season now! haha, and I might too!
  • It's seriously the most bizarre thing. I'm still laughing about it. My roommate and I SCREAMED at the top of our lungs... he and I are like, and ongoing joke between me and my best friends... and just about anyone that I know, now that I think about it. and we're ALL definitely watching b/c while he's actually a very nice guy... he's SUCH a meat head... he's Val, the bad guy from the disney movie Brink, and most importantly, Spike from Little Giants.

HILARIOUS.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYOqKY4Hji0

it might just be me but does anyone think that is hilarious... i laughed so hard the first time i saw it!!

"are you taking the piss..." lol laugh.gif
  • edit: double post... oops

btw that's really cool you know someone who's on tv... i thought i might as well fill this post with something....

...also, is it just me, or am i the only guy on these boards...??
  • there are several guys here.
  • Katie, that's so awesomely weird!

It just reminded me - the other day my family and I went out for the night to the center of London, and we were in a crowd of people when this woman started calling my dad's name. So we turned around to see who it was, and I recognised her, but I couldn't tell from where. She totally ignored me, so I guessed that I hadn't met her, but she hugged my dad... finally I realised that she was one of the main characters on a British drama! She's sorta famous and she was calling my dad and kissing him on the cheek like an old friend laugh.gif Surreal.

Also - I've been asked to dissect a rat for our school's open evening. I'm quite excited!
  • Argh, double post.
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Sep 19 2007, 02:14 AM)
    edit: double post... oops

btw that's really cool you know someone who's on tv... i thought i might as well fill this post with something....

...also, is it just me, or am i the only guy on these boards...??

lol no...but the ratio boys to girls is like 1:20 wink.gif

Rosa