In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (God @ Sep 23 2007, 05:23 AM)
    I'm leaving for Queensland tomorrow morning. Disconnecting my phone and internet in about ten minutes and packing up my car tonight. It's going to be a fucking bitch trying to get my TV into my car with just me and one of my girlfriends to help (last time we had males sad.gif) and I'll probably get lost driving through the city tomorrow and I'm petrified of the fact it'll probably be night by the time we arrive in Sydney and I can't handle driving strange places at night after that incident with the kangaroo last time, that and PEOPLE IN SYDNEY ARE FUCKING LUNATICS (No offence to juniperberry, but you people drive like you're trying to kill somebody).

I have 2000km to drive, which will probably take me 20 hours to drive all up and I just hate this so much.

I'm completely and utterly broken hearted to be leaving Melbourne and the fact that it's something that happened and not something I chose is not a comforting thought sad.gif

I'm so sorry. If it helps, just remember that this doesn't mean you have to give up forever. Yeah, it'll be tough, but you can always try to come back.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 22 2007, 10:23 PM)
    I'm leaving for Queensland tomorrow morning. Disconnecting my phone and internet in about ten minutes and packing up my car tonight. It's going to be a fucking bitch trying to get my TV into my car with just me and one of my girlfriends to help (last time we had males sad.gif) and I'll probably get lost driving through the city tomorrow and I'm petrified of the fact it'll probably be night by the time we arrive in Sydney and I can't handle driving strange places at night after that incident with the kangaroo last time, that and PEOPLE IN SYDNEY ARE FUCKING LUNATICS (No offence to juniperberry, but you people drive like you're trying to kill somebody).

I have 2000km to drive, which will probably take me 20 hours to drive all up and I just hate this so much.

I'm completely and utterly broken hearted to be leaving Melbourne and the fact that it's something that happened and not something I chose is not a comforting thought sad.gif

*hugs* Sending good luck vibes your way!
  • I've just realized that I was barely on the boards during the summer when I had nothing to do, but now that I'm in school and have a ton of reading to do, I'm checking it all the time. This place is just procrastination central!
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Sep 24 2007, 05:39 PM)
    I've just realized that I was barely on the boards during the summer when I had nothing to do, but now that I'm in school and have a ton of reading to do, I'm checking it all the time. This place is just procrastination central!

THAT'S HOW IT'S MEANT TO BE.
  • Tonetoile, i admire they way that your able to live on your own... i kind of envy it too tongue.gif. I wish i was as independent as you seem. My dad said something to me and it keeps on sticking in my mind. He said that i need to start my own life soon. I dont know how its going to happen. I just know that i need to do it soon.

ohhh and do you still have bed bugs? Just pertend that Colin meloy is singing just for you...

There's a tough word on your crossword
    There's a bed bug nipping a finger
    There's a swallow, there's a calm
    Here's a hand to lay on your open palm today

to God
    i feel bad for you. Just think of it as a new beginning. And God knows (tongue.gif), you might just like the big city. I hope it all works out
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 22 2007, 11:53 PM)
    Aww, I get randomly depressed sometimes too. May be work related, or period related, or just a thing that happens.

Well I think I figured out what it was. And it did go away once I got on the road so that was good.

I had a great weekend in Austin. My drive back was kinda rough. It's an 8 hour drive normally, but it took me 9 because I stopped so much. I kept nodding off and I've found the best way to wake up is to stop and walk around for a bit. So it took much longer, but I stayed awake the whole time, and I thought that was more important.

I got back at like 9:30 last night and I got plenty of sleep, but I'm still totally exhausted. I guess the lack of sleep Saturday night is catching up to me. That's not fair!! tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Sep 24 2007, 03:39 AM)
    I've just realized that I was barely on the boards during the summer when I had nothing to do, but now that I'm in school and have a ton of reading to do, I'm checking it all the time. This place is just procrastination central!

This couldn't be more true... while I was on all the time in the summer, I'm on even more now. I'm actually IN class right now...

also. someone's ringer just went off and it was britney spears' "toxic" ahahhahahha laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Sep 24 2007, 03:18 PM)
    also. someone's ringer just went off and it was britney spears' "toxic" ahahhahahha laugh.gif

hey i like that song! It brings up prom memories!

hehe im admitting to BS song... bad for my image?
  • hahahaha no, not at all. i like b.spears' OLD stuff... toxic included... it was just funny b/c when ringers go off, it's usually kanye west or something, not brit circa 2003 wink.gif
  • It was year 12 muck-up day yesterday and in the middle of my final exam they turned all the speakers on in the hall and blasted that vengabus song laugh.gif

I don't even care that i completely lost my train of thought, it was just so funny!
  • Part of me knows exactly what I want. I can close my eyes and see how I want to be. Of course, I have no idea WHAT I want to be doing, but I can see where I want to be.

It involves huge gardens in my backyard, a small house full of wood floors and shelves of books that I haven't read, a cat, cats, strays, all in the middle of the woods. It involves late night sleepovers with friends where we get drunk and play Scrabble and cut each others' hair and dance, waking up groggy in the morning only to make blueberry pancakes and go out for tea. It involves as little internet as possible (like that's going to happen) and afternoons spent lounging in the sun, reading the Little Prince for the umpteenth time. It involves old rotary phones and going out to stargaze with friends. It involves compost and window boxes and a loft. It better have a loft. It involves playing tag in the back and a porch in the front. It involves having my family come over for dinner and going out for movies where the popcorn has just the right amount of butter. It involves spooning, soooo much spooning and waking up to kisses and afternoons listening to NPR on an old radio in the corner. I want my house to be full of every kind of emotion and feeling. I want it full of sunlight and the smell of fresh dirt and grass.

I know exactly what I want. Now the question is how to get it.
  • omfg i havent been on the board lately and i miss it so much
    i got a boyfriend !!!
    im so happy hehe
    were so perfect for eachother hehe
    i knew him when i was like 6 to 8 i think and i liked him back then hehe
    whats new with you guys ???
    i miss u all so much
  • Welcome back sugar pie! I'm glad to hear everything's going well!

Myself, I can't complain. I have a pretty damn good life with plenty of kisses and hugs and hot chocolate and Scrabble and laughing with my mama and papa on the phone and gin and free vegan food (even though I love the meat, I am a fan of good, free food) and dancing. So much dancing.
  • ^^ ooo dancing
    i missed u n everyone else here so much
    srsly
    u guys are my family and ive like run away from home
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 25 2007, 10:11 AM)
    It was year 12 muck-up day yesterday and in the middle of my final exam they turned all the speakers on in the hall and blasted that vengabus song laugh.gif

I don't even care that i completely lost my train of thought, it was just so funny!

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE. Muck Up Day was banned at my school sad.gif The graduating class before us supposedly "crossed the line" and they brought in a rule to say if anyone tried anything on MUD they'd be expelled before graduation. It being a Private school we were too terrified to test whether or not they were telling the truth.

The sad, sad thing is that the graduating class before us had the greatest MUD in the history of MUDs. Unfortunately, some idiot apparently threw a water balloon at a teacher (who in all fairness did say "I dare you", I mean come ON) and that was that. Everything else was fabulous. No other graduating class ever put as much effort in to MUD as that class.

Sob.
  • RT: Why would you ask for weebles and not tell us why we're weebling you?
  • Wait are we describing our dream houses? I have one!

well all i know is that it has to have a library. You know, with lots of natural wood and velvet. And also one of those ladders on a track that swivels around the books. Also it has to have a massive antique globe and an optional boat stearing wheel.

ooo ive had that library dream since highschool... ive adapted it to include antique scientific glasswear.

I know... im a nerd

ooo and what is muck up day? That sounds so intense!
  • Muck Up Day, to my recollection (and I may be fuzzy on the details since it's been a while since I graduated) is the last official day of school for the Senior Class and in Aus it is the day that the Senior Class "Mucks Up", as in, pulls pranks and generally does things that makes everyone lol. It's an Australian tradition.

Lame classes do things like bringing water balloons to school and throwing them at class (someone always does it), great classes do things like sycronised mass phone calls in the middle of the Headmasters tedious commencement speech, dismantles a teachers car, or blocks off the school entrance with fake police tape and chalk outlines of 'dead bodies' so that mass confusion ensues in the morning.

It's basically just a day of pranks.
  • We just called it "senior prank."

The class a year ahead of me sent home letters to all of the senior class saying that each student had failed his/her English class and would not be able to graduate. Parents called in a tizzy until they realized it was a prank. No one knows who did it or how they managed to get a hold of the offical school letterhead, but it was amaaazing.
  • I never thought so before, but I have now decided that George Clooney is, in fact, gorgeous.

And also. This is the beginning of my senior year, but we're already bouncing prank ideas off each other. My school's administration is really against pranks of any type, but we say screw them, we're only going to have one chance at this. Any ideas?