In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• just some black paint. acrylic stays on fabric pretty good if you heat set it with an iron after it drys
  • dudes. i'm drunk but i'm so cufing excited b/c imet DERRICK from rorad rules
  • ^^ haha

what? that is so random! haha where did you meet him?
  • yeah. totally random i don't know WHY he's here but we're tailgating w/ him tomoorow!! i'm excited I hwill show pictures asap smile.gif
  • ¡Feliz Dia del Amor y la Amistad! smile.gif

Today is Love & Friendship Day; it's our equivalent to St. Valentine's Day. So not only am I feeling extralonely but a neighbor just put an old record with a song called Detrás de los Cerros. I haven't listened to that song in more than ten years. My first boyfriend was a huge fan of the band that played that song and he dedicated it to me after I returned to Colombia (he stayed in Mexico). I really don't believe anyone afterwards has ever loved me as him. I remember we used to sleep together (and I mean sleep not sex, we were both fifteen). It was so beautiful! If only we had been a bit older I would have totally stayed there. I wonder what Gabriel is up to now...

The lyrics to Detrás de los Cerros (Beyond the Mountains) translated from their Spanish original

Oh, for you I'd die,
    but for you I can't
    change the course of the winds.
    My innocence dries and
    I feel I wither

Oh, for you I tangle up
    among whales;
    I go directly to their entrails
    and if there are angels there I steal them
    of all their purity.

I want to know how I may reach out
    and brush past your soul
    I want to learn to love
    and afterwards climb...

Oh, love!
    you are beyond the mountains, love
    hidden amidst the fog you are
    watching the course of my pain, love
    beyond the mountains you are...

Oh, I'd die for you
    for you I'd let myself
    fall naked over blazes;
    my concience burns
    and I don't care if I pass away.

Oh, for you I'll change my human form
    I pour my heart over you
    and I turn into whatever you wish
    but let me into your peace

I want to know how I may reach out
    and brush past your soul
    I want to learn to love
    and afterwards climb...

Oh, love!
    you are beyond the mountains, love
    hidden amidst the fog you are
    watching the course of my pain, love
    beyond the mountains you are...

Rosa
  • Hairspray is the greatest movie of all time. It is going to surpass HP&PS, HP&COS and Mean Girls as the only movies I've seen more than once. For I will see it more than twice. In fact, I will see it as many times as my credit card will allow because that movie just fucking owns.
  • That's good to hear. I'm seeing it wednesday week, when all my exams are over. It's my something to look forward to biggrin.gif
  • Even if that movie blew, seeing John Travolta dancing in a dress was entertaining enough.
  • Yeah, well, I may have a dirty mind but at least I don't have an overbite, missy!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 16 2007, 04:07 AM)
    Yeah, well, I may have a dirty mind but at least I don't have an overbite, missy!

LOL who are you talking to?
  • I love the tiredness that comes with accomplishment.

Lazy time. smile.gif
  • Finding seven more bed bugs holed up in bedding I don't use isn't a good way to end an evening.

This does, however, bring my kill count up to ten.
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Sep 16 2007, 04:49 PM)
    LOL who are you talking to?

Um, I don't know, actually. Does anyone here have an overbite? laugh.gif

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 16 2007, 09:07 PM)
    Finding seven more bed bugs holed up in bedding I don't use isn't a good way to end an evening.

This does, however, bring my kill count up to ten.

Oye vey, so how did you manage to get bed bugs, tonetoile?

Anyone have any thoughts on that new movie "Across the Universe" that seems on the commercial to be some sort of artsy rock opera to the tune of Beatles music?
  • 'Cause Juniperberry will appreciate this:

Me and Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuughesy.

He was an angel, ftr.
  • oh wow. i appreciate that, i really do!
    Hughesy is a champ wub.gif He's hilarious and he was super nice to my friend as well.

this is my one for you to appreciate:
    that would be me next to andrew. those boys are my heroes!
  • Chaaaaassssseeeeeerrrrrrrrrsssssss!!!!

Australian celebrities rock. It's 'cause they're not that big, so the fame can't go to their head.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Sep 17 2007, 04:21 AM)
    Oye vey, so how did you manage to get bed bugs, tonetoile?
    Anyone have any thoughts on that new movie "Across the Universe" that seems on the commercial to be some sort of artsy rock opera to the tune of Beatles music?

I dunno. They just kind of appeared. The exterminator is coming in today, which is why I was cleaning yesterday, prompting me to find Bed Bug Stash 2007. That blanket is currently being run through the drier (putting anything in the drier for 20 minutes kills whatever is hiding in it, so my blanket has spent the past 50 minutes of its life in the drier. I'm just paaaranoid).

I actually saw Across the Universe yesterday (advanced showing woohoo). The plot itself isn't that great, Eddie Izzard pretty much kills For the Benefit of Mr. Kite, and Rachel Evans Wood or whatever her name is pisses me off so much. However, there are certainly a couple of stand-out songs. I mean, the entire movie is basically just Beatles songs (as one would expect). It's definitely worth seeing, if for nothing else than singing along under one's breath (which I certainly did).
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 17 2007, 07:03 AM)
    Chaaaaassssseeeeeerrrrrrrrrsssssss!!!!

Australian celebrities rock. It's 'cause they're not that big, so the fame can't go to their head.

lol...the same happens to most latino celebrities...they're adorabubble!

Rosa
  • -Finding a trivial pursuit '80s edition and music edition in the house we were renovating.... our last found treasure from that house?
    -Hearing the name "hoagie carmichael" from said game
    -My mostly mozart sweater warming me up. Not unlike a hug? Perhaps...

EDIT: Whoopsie! this should be in happy list tongue.gif