In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I wore contact lenses for a while...it was extremely painful since I have dry eyes (I can't even shed tears when I cry)... a few years ago I had laser surgery and I don't regret it at all. It really is a good option...

Rosa
  • people should come on msn or pm me...im not fussy
  • Really? I adore my contacts. Granted I am the worst in terms of care and keeping so my eyes are probably slowly disintegrating, BUT STILL!

I can see when I'm swimming. I can see in the shower. I can wear non RX sunglasses (hay there Ray Bans). And, I know this is a weird thing to say, when foolin' around with the opposite sex, I don't have to take off my glasses and be half-blind (I'm a -6 in both eyes so, seriously, I'm near-helpless without my glasses). Of course, it is cute when you're about to make out with someone who's wearing glasses and YOU'RE wearing glasses and they bump together. However, the whole experience loses its novelty beyond that point. I would like to see who I'm fooling around with please.

Of course, I'm not going to berate you for not wearing contacts. When they're dry or don't fit your eye quite right ('sup astigmatism) they hurt a bunch. Still, I switched to Acuvue Oasys (why the fuck can't they spell it the right way? It is not cooler to spell it different. Seriously). They are the best things in the world. I honestly don't feel a thing (compared to occasional itches and whatnot with older lenses) and are super breathable. If you suddenly want to try contacts again, I would highly recommend getting a pair and trying them out.

Rosa! I've been wondering about Lasik eye surgery (I doubt I can get it because of the astigmatism, but whatever, a girl can dream). I'm assuming you highly recommend the procedure?
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Sep 11 2007, 05:19 PM)
    Rosa! I've been wondering about Lasik eye surgery (I doubt I can get it because of the astigmatism, but whatever, a girl can dream). I'm assuming you highly recommend the procedure?

I had 5 on both eyes and the surgery itself was a breeze. A minor issue was the fact that I have a really low pain threshold and the first day after the surgery was very painful, I felt as if I had lemon drops on my eyes for almost 24 hours non-stop...BUT, after that I was left with 20/20 vision which is a blessing to date. So yes, I recommend it. smile.gif
  • yay, i started a converstaion....

i've had contacts for just over 2 years now. i like them, but they can be a bit annoying... and really painful at times... but i still like them... i have glasses too, but i only really wear them when i can't be bothered to put in my contacts... which is most saturdays.... i don't know why saturday and not sunday... but supposively it's good to give your eyes a rest after wearing them for long amounts of time (not that 6 days is that long... i don't mean 6 days stright, not taking them out at all by the way... that really would be bad for my eyes)...

yes, i have eyes... blink.gif
  • I spilt ice cold water down some dudes neck yesterday while working a catering....

.... i wanted to die.

he was soooo nice to me though.

hes like "thats reallly cold. but its ok"

dang. Im such a clutz sometimes. Im glad he wasn't an ass. As I probably couldn't of handled that.
  • Most ophthalmologists and researchers in the field (who wouldn't be affected by financial bias because they don't perform the surgery themselves) don't recommend Lasik. There hasn't been enough research into its long-term affects to determine if it ought to be trusted. And besides that, it only lasts 10 years.

As for contacts versus glasses, my sister used to get a lot of eye inflammation from her contacts, so she only wears glasses now. I, on the other hand, love my contacts, mainly because I used to lose my glasses every week, but there's no way to misplace something on your eyeballs. I guess it just varies person to person.
  • Aw man I want Lasik!

I've got 6s or maybe worse in both eyes as well and I cannot live without contacts. The first thing I do every morning is pop in my contacts and the last thing I do before sleeping is take em out. I've tried to wear glasses every now and then, but my eyes can't handle them anymore! I think my eyes have gotten used to a barrier between them and the real world, so when I'm not wearing contacts, it feels like my eyes are not smooth and are kinda scratchy.. its "hard to explain" (where are ya vinnie.. thats like the third time i've said it haha). I have been wearing contacts for six years and I love em!

I want to get Lasik eventually though..
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Sep 12 2007, 01:15 AM)
    yay, i started a converstaion....

yep wink.gif

QUOTE (Tabetha @ Sep 12 2007, 11:35 AM)
    Most ophthalmologists and researchers in the field (who wouldn't be affected by financial bias because they don't perform the surgery themselves) don't recommend Lasik. There hasn't been enough research into its long-term affects to determine if it ought to be trusted. And besides that, it only lasts 10 years.

"Only" ten years? Well, I don't know for how many centuries you're planning to live for but ten years is a lot of time for me. wink.gif Mine is just a a personal experience of course, I underwent Lasik six years ago and the results are still perfect, if in a few years time I have to undergo Lasik again I'll definitely do it. Also, I know of quite a number of people (my brother and a few cousins & friends included) who have had Lasik and the experiences are all positive. My brother and I decided to do it exactly the same day (with the same doctor too...my mom was freaking out because it looked as if both of her children had gone blind at the same time LOL) and he didn't experience any significant pain as I did. Afterwards, he didn't take as good care as I after surgery though (he spent way too much time doing computer projects in college and he didn't take care of having a light on when watching tv) so a few months ago a slight myopia was diagnosed (less than 0.3) it's nothing serious and he's still glad he had the surgery too.

Rosa smile.gif
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Sep 12 2007, 05:12 PM)
    I spilt ice cold water down some dudes neck yesterday while working a catering....

.... i wanted to die.

he was soooo nice to me though.

hes like "thats reallly cold. but its ok"

dang. Im such a clutz sometimes. Im glad he wasn't an ass. As I probably couldn't of handled that.

should have asked him out hun!

couples with interesting meeting storys last longer FACT*

* may not be fact
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Sep 12 2007, 03:29 PM)
    yep wink.gif
    "Only" ten years? Well, I don't know for how many centuries you're planning to live for but ten years is a lot of time for me. wink.gif Mine is just a a personal experience of course, I underwent Lasik six years ago and the results are still perfect, if in a few years time I have to undergo Lasik again I'll definitely do it. Also, I know of quite a number of people (my brother and a few cousins & friends included) who have had Lasik and the experiences are all positive. My brother and I decided to do it exactly the same day (with the same doctor too...my mom was freaking out because it looked as if both of her children had gone blind at the same time LOL) and he didn't experience any significant pain as I did. Afterwards, he didn't take as good care as I after surgery though (he spent way too much time doing computer projects in college and he didn't take care of having a light on when watching tv) so a few months ago a slight myopia was diagnosed (less than 0.3) it's nothing serious and he's still glad he had the surgery too.

Rosa smile.gif

Yeah, for me 10 years just doesn't cut it. I mean, I'm not saying I'm expecting to live a long life, but I dunno- it's like, when you get a new hip, you expect it to last....That's not a good example b/c ppl who get new hips are usually old, lol. Well, I mean you're paying a lot of money and laying your life at some person's hands- that's a bigger risk than buying a new house. And you buy a house to last, you know what I mean? Mortgage payments, all that investment- you do it for your life, to build a home...not just a 10 year deal.
    And besides, eyesight is usually better in youth anyway- isn't 50 years old when you really want that eye investment to pay off? But no, you have to do the surgery again and again and again if that's what you want, which seems like such a waste to me (I'm cheap).

And honestly, I don't trust things that haven't had long-term research- that's what comes of living in an overly-protective family...you pick up overprotective habits, I guess.
    But to each his own.
  • yes, it's very subjective, I agree on that. I'm very confident on the physicians who have attended me on the past (I owe my life to a handful of them too) so for me certain surgical procedures are worth the risk.

QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Sep 12 2007, 04:27 PM)
    couples with interesting meeting storys last longer FACT*

* may not be fact

hahahahahaha

Today I ate the biggest breakfast ever, I'm still feeling a breakfast buzz...it's good. smile.gif I think I'll skip lunch and register for a liposuction...

Rosa
    ^ starting off

^end.

took me 3 days free time to do it.
  • okay. when i get drunk, i should not be allowed around computers. because, not only did i come here and deface two threads. i IM'd a whole slew of people i don't really even talk to... or sent them messages on myspace or whatever. i'm such an idiot. and no, my typing did NOT get better after i left here... i swear. when i'm intoxicated, my "typing" basically is me slamming my hands on the keyboard.

i'm dumb.
  • and holy shit mel!!! that's fucking sweet!
  • haha aw Katie its alright.

and Mel... WOW!!
    That is amazing! Nice work!
  • Woah, Mel, that's incredible!
    Seriously impressive.
  • Whoa, agent, that's amazing. I'm jealous.

What'd you use for the ink?