In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 10 2007, 12:49 AM)
    Tonetoile, I always love your posts wub.gif Their so poetic, even the bedbug ones. To me the smell of wet dirt in Arizona means winter and makes me happy. I love winter, sometimes I really miss true winters. My sister thinks I'm nuts for missing snow.

Aw sugar, I'm just glad that you're back! How was your time on the Hopi reservation? (It was Hopi, yes? I've been in an academic haze the past few days, so excuse my forgetfulness).

I know. Everyone thinks that my thrill for snow is a little on the crazy side, and I know that I'll be regretting it come actual MOntreal winter (-40 degrees C? YEAH!), but for now, I'll pine for it.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 9 2007, 08:00 PM)
    I know that I'll be regretting it come actual MOntreal winter (-40 degrees C? YEAH!)

Geeky math fact:

-40° is the only temperature for which °C=°F

°C=(5/9)(°F-32) so if the 2 are equal, we'll say x

x=(5/9)(x-32)
    9x/5=x-32
    4x/5=-32
    x=(5/4)(-32)
    x=(5)(-8)
    x=-40
  • .... whoa...
  • I love 'Beauty and the Geek' but I'm not digging this whole "Ooo, wow, there's a girl geek and a guy beauty." There's something cruel about having a girl geek, whereas a boy geek is humerous. Am I taking it too seriously?
  • somehow.... i know what you mean... can't explain it though...
    not helping, am I?
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Oct 9 2007, 07:24 PM)
    somehow.... i know what you mean... can't explain it though...
    not helping, am I?

Lol, and while we're at it, who plays the Geico cavemen? Does anyone ever see them without their make-up? Is it a good show? See, I've been away from tv for 6 weeks and am catching up.
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Oct 10 2007, 01:24 AM)
    Geeky math fact:

x=(5/9)(x-32)
    9x/5=x-32
    4x/5=-32
    x=(5/4)(-32)
    x=(5)(-8)
    x=-40

Ha! I love you for knowing that. I totally geek out on -40 days for that very reason. Also, I still have trouble with Celsius since I'm a silly American, so it's the one number I know for sure.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 9 2007, 10:12 PM)
    I love 'Beauty and the Geek' but I'm not digging this whole "Ooo, wow, there's a girl geek and a guy beauty." There's something cruel about having a girl geek, whereas a boy geek is humerous. Am I taking it too seriously?

i do agree with you... i only watch it now though, at least as a current show (i usually catch marathons on MTV or VH1) but i know the guy "beauty"... haha so it's got a very hilarious place in my heart since i, know him... yeah. it's just funny to me that he's on it... but i missed tonight's episode, but i do feel kind of bad for the girl geek sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Oct 9 2007, 06:24 PM)
    Geeky math fact:

x=(5/9)(x-32)
    9x/5=x-32
    4x/5=-32
    x=(5/4)(-32)
    x=(5)(-8)
    x=-40

QUOTE (mayonaise @ Oct 9 2007, 06:35 PM)
    .... whoa...

Exactly what I thought when I read that! That is way awesome.

Tempe, Cavemen show hasn't started yet (I think).
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 9 2007, 07:37 PM)
    i do agree with you... i only watch it now though, at least as a current show (i usually catch marathons on MTV or VH1) but i know the guy "beauty"... haha so it's got a very hilarious place in my heart since i, know him... yeah. it's just funny to me that he's on it... but i missed tonight's episode, but i do feel kind of bad for the girl geek sad.gif

Wow, I have to ask, how do you know him? It's alright if you don't want to say. BTW, I love your Rusty siggie! tongue.gif
  • well, my roommate's boyfriend has a buddy from high school who moved out to cali to, for lack of a better term "make it big" and in the process, he met, and became really good friends with sam (the guy on the show). and last fall, drew, the friend brought sam to east lansing, where i live/go to school and we had all our guy friends over and they came and it was like a mini party.. .he was hilarious and not an a-hole AT. ALL... we sort of picked on him all night for all the movies he's been in and he was a good sport listening to drunk girls all night... but it was a wild night, i won't lie. smile.gif

edit: thank you! i love it too wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 9 2007, 09:12 PM)
    There's something cruel about having a girl geek,

Aww, first you're hatin on star trek, now you're dissin the girl geek.

I feel small sad.gif

OH, and it's going to take 4 days to fix my car. mleh.
    That's what I came to say, before I got emsmallened.
    (what? it's a very cromulent word)
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 9 2007, 07:46 PM)
    well, my roommate's boyfriend has a buddy from high school who moved out to cali to, for lack of a better term "make it big" and in the process, he met, and became really good friends with sam (the guy on the show). and last fall, drew, the friend brought sam to east lansing, where i live/go to school and we had all our guy friends over and they came and it was like a mini party.. .he was hilarious and not an a-hole AT. ALL... we sort of picked on him all night for all the movies he's been in and he was a good sport listening to drunk girls all night... but it was a wild night, i won't lie. smile.gif
    edit: thank you! i love it too wink.gif

No wait, seriously? He wasn't an asshole? He just seems so full of himself on tv. Lol, that's so cool.
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Oct 10 2007, 11:38 AM)
    Aww, first you're hatin on star trek, now you're dissin the girl geek.

I feel small sad.gif

OH, and it's going to take 4 days to fix my car. mleh.
    That's what I came to say, before I got emsmallened.
    (what? it's a very cromulent word)

No no. No dissing the girl geek here. It's boy geeks I love to diss. Ooo, you fix your own car?
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 9 2007, 10:40 PM)
    Exactly what I thought when I read that! That is way awesome.

Tempe, Cavemen show hasn't started yet (I think).

It has, and HIGA was in the first ep.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 10 2007, 08:17 PM)
    Ooo, you fix your own car?

No.

My bumper is smashed. i got rear ended.
  • i;m sdrunk and i'm soerry for the pabd posts.

yes hes' nota nasshoele!! he's os nice!!
  • haha oh drunken Katie! smile.gif

OMG so today Garrett gave us the username and password for pollstarpro.com, which tells you how much it costs to book bands, has links to agencies to book them etc.
    Yeah, I'm definitely totally fascinated by this website.. I keep searching like every band!
  • lol, that would just depress me... i would never ever have enough money, plus: i think it's just weird to book bands for like private parties or something... but maybe i just think so because of the lack of money... yeah

no, what i stopped by for: inflamable and flammable mean the same thing, and there once was a time when i loved thinking about such words and now, remembering this...it's weird...
  • Is there anyway to hold a picture thread still while all the pictures load. I'm trying to read stuff but it jumps around as picture after picture load, and it would take forever to load them all.