In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• Press the x next to the refresh and home signs at the top of your browser.
  • I would like to thank you all for being so lovely.

I just joined another board, for medical students and those wanting to do medicine and doctors, and after my first post I was accused of giving false information and posing as a student to advertise a company that I supposedly work for (I went on one of the company's courses and loved it, and said so when everyone else said it was crap). Argh. Not a good start.

So thank you, wonderful people, for being so accepting and nice, and not accusing me of things I haven't done. smile.gif
  • anything for you my love smile.gif
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 10 2007, 11:42 PM)
    OMG so today Garrett gave us the username and password for pollstarpro.com, which tells you how much it costs to book bands, has links to agencies to book them etc.
    Yeah, I'm definitely totally fascinated by this website.. I keep searching like every band!

That's so cool! I didn't even know that existed. I go on the regular Pollstar site all the time to look at tour dates.
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Oct 11 2007, 01:35 PM)
    Press the x next to the refresh and home signs at the top of your browser.

Oh I want them to load, I just don't want the page to jump around while they do. I guess I'll just have to deal.

QUOTE (Electra @ Oct 11 2007, 02:43 PM)
    I would like to thank you all for being so lovely.

I just joined another board, for medical students and those wanting to do medicine and doctors, and after my first post I was accused of giving false information and posing as a student to advertise a company that I supposedly work for (I went on one of the company's courses and loved it, and said so when everyone else said it was crap). Argh. Not a good start.

So thank you, wonderful people, for being so accepting and nice, and not accusing me of things I haven't done. smile.gif

Oh a lot of boards are like that. The other two I frequent are like war zones.
    It's kinda funny, really. So much drama, and it's pointless all of it!!
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Oct 11 2007, 01:24 PM)

Yeah, it so crazy. I was shy about joining this board when my friend told me what goes on on other boards. She was so surprised when I told her how nice this board is.

They had a career fair at school today. The dentist who was in charge of me on the Rez was there trying to recruit students. She's so cool. She wanted to know if Ok Go was going to be in town this weekend so that we could go while she was spending the weekend off the Rez. She was awesome cause she's young and encouraging and swears like a rockstar when patients aren't around.
  • this is currently the only board i'm active on... 5 years ago when i joined john mayer's sony board i felt like i was always talking to myself... it was completely obnoxious... and when he started picking up even MORE fans... i was "included" more, but everyone was SOOOO bitchy... they didn't give us cool new rankings or anything, just the shape of our names changed... but yeah... boards are hard to break into... it's like a clique. i read this board for months before joining... but everyone seemed so nice i had to give in smile.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 11 2007, 11:21 PM)
    but yeah... boards are hard to break into... it's like a clique. i read this board for months before joining... but everyone seemed so nice i had to give in smile.gif

This is true, it took me quite some time to start posting frequently.. I would just read and be like.. do they all know each other?! haha.
  • QUOTE (Wolf359 @ Oct 11 2007, 09:24 PM)

yes! i've been to one where people would be make a scandal because someone was just a little bit offtopic! please!!!As if here we don't do it all the time...is anybody dead yet? don't think so...
  • i've been writing at another forum a little while ago, but that was far too big, i seldom recognized the people that answered, and topics often died after just a few posts and a mass of threads was left that nobody read...
    I'm really really glad that I started posting here, even though I really was at awe when I first read in here... You all seem to know each other so well and had all these secret jokes with each other, but it's amazing how fast one can catch up with alot of this and how nice everybody is, answering questions and such...
  • aww this forum is so full of love!! happy.gif
    I must say that it's really refreshing to see manners and people actually taking an interest in what others have to say. I mean, the kind of behaviour exhibited by our boardies is, quite unfortunately, a very rare thing these days and we do it without the interference of power-crazed mods and admins!

Anyway, you guys are awesome and I just thought you ought to know it
    <3
  • Haha, I've turned this into the Mutual Appreciation thread tongue.gif

I didn't join this board for a while because I was nervous about cliquiness and not being enough of a fan (HAHA I shouldn't have worried.. tongue.gif). Plus I'd seen Sheri on myspace and was convinced that she was OK Go-ly famous (as in, famous in the world of OK Go) and found it amazing that people were talking to her like a friend laugh.gif

You know why we're all so lovely? It's coz OK Go are nice people, so they attract nice fans. That thought makes me so happy. smile.gif
  • This really is the greatest board in the world of boards. I used to be on a chat board called Long Island Weddings (not just leading up to my wedding, but for about a year and a half afterwards, actually). As amazing as it was for planning and useful for ideas and all that, that board would get *so unbelievably catty* sometimes. I was definitely part of it, I won't lie, but there were times it was just ridiculous. Eventually that board spawned off a second website (Long Island Families) to accomodate all the women who had been married for years and still wanted to chat. But then those two sites started their own rivalry, which was ridiculous because all the LIF girls had been on LIW, and both sites were owned by the SAME COMPANY, and oh the ridiculous. It was actually because of that site that I can't stand Mets fans anymore.

Here, even the Red Sox fans are nice to me. I feel that's rather indicative of how awesome we are, don't you?
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 12 2007, 10:10 AM)
    Here, even the Red Sox fans are nice to me. I feel that's rather indicative of how awesome we are, don't you?

haha i would have to agree... it may or may not be the fact that you're incredibly awesome though that people don't care who you cheer for wink.gif and i mean that in the best way, too. i couldn't figure out a different way to word what i was thinking...

p.s i'm a tigers fan... so i have to pick a diff team to cheer for in the W.S
  • Ahhh, so *you're* the Katie responsible for that comment on the picture of The Reverend Manny.
  • guilty as charged wink.gif
  • Hmm, it'd be nice if this guy would leave so I can eat my dinner without the embarassment of someone seeing my eat my dinner at my desk on a Friday night. Not that he isn't working late on a Friday night too, but he's not admitting that he's going to be here long enough that he needs to eat here.

But every hour I work tonight is one I don't have to work tomorrow so is good.

Hungry.

Well, back at it.
  • Ok, now he's just surfing the net. image

GO HOME!!!
  • is no one here to talk tp my drunken ass/??

oh don' tmake me go to that other board!!

almost 10... should sleep... don't wanna...

Wanna make another srtrong as hell margarite and talk to people... but there is no people... only Zool.

I should be Zool for halloween... but I doubt costume is work dress code.
    Zool... heh!!!!
  • Oh yeah, he did go home.. like right after i posted that. And I ate. it was wonderful.