In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• i'm glad the Sox are AL champs... i really do hate the cleveland indians (sorry for those of you from ohio)
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Oct 21 2007, 05:03 AM)
    who knew "Pinky and the Brain" had such a dental obsession?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUFPdih11eU...ted&search=

Who knew Tempe had such a Pinky and the Brain obsession? wink.gif (just 'cuz of this and your post over on the grownups board)
  • UCSD's current emergency status has been set to Red (Emergency) because of air quality resulting from the wildfires in San Diego County. Campus is closed, and classes are canceled.

Rejoice? Not really.
  • dude! that's scary ambs!! sad.gif
  • Okay so there's a fire 20 miles from here.
    There are apparently a total of 8 fires in San Diego alone, and then there are more closer to LA in Malibu, Irvine, etc.
    They're evacuating homes that are like 15min away.
    I'm scared.
  • oh man, thats scary. Hopefully everything turns out ok. <3
  • Ugh, I'm sorry hun. I agree with the general sentiment: I hope everything will be alright.
  • I AM the Great American Hillbilly Caveman Bachelor, yarrr!!!
  • did I mention I'm also a gypsy pirate?
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Oct 22 2007, 09:55 AM)
    Okay so there's a fire 20 miles from here.
    There are apparently a total of 8 fires in San Diego alone, and then there are more closer to LA in Malibu, Irvine, etc.
    They're evacuating homes that are like 15min away.
    I'm scared.

*hugs* Be safe sad.gif
  • wow... i was just talking to someone on another forum, who has a disease which makes him be able to SEE sound.... it sounds really cool... that would be pretty weird, hearing music and then seeing images... seeing something that no one else can see... although, it could get annoying... trying to concentrate but all you can see is images.... i guess the whole assignment while listening to music thing wouldn't work....
  • It's called synesthesia and I think it's one of the most fascinating things on the planet.

Many people don't know that they have it because they think that it's normal. "Seeing" sound is just one form. It's basically an overlapping of senses and can take the form of someone seeing time in colors, or "smelling" words, etc.

It's incredibly interesting.
  • that does sound fascinating... it just sounds like a crazy trip, i never realized people did it NOT high... ha
  • I wore three sweaters and a scarf today
  • ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

already?! i wore a hoodie and my fleece and i was walking so fast (it was raining) i was all hot when i got to work that now i'm just in my tshirt...

dang. now i'm afraid for winter.
  • hahaha ya. had to drop 2 sweaters... but its getting the chill. kinda not looking forward to it
  • lol i was complaining about the hot weather last week and now i'm about to start complaining about the cold. but i'm actually welcoming cooler weather b/c the summer was toooooo hot. no rain would be nice too. it's been raining for like, a week straight with ONE perfect, sunny, clear sky 70 degree day. that was weird.
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Oct 23 2007, 03:26 AM)
    wow... i was just talking to someone on another forum, who has a disease which makes him be able to SEE sound.... it sounds really cool... that would be pretty weird, hearing music and then seeing images... seeing something that no one else can see... although, it could get annoying... trying to concentrate but all you can see is images.... i guess the whole assignment while listening to music thing wouldn't work....

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 23 2007, 07:41 AM)
    It's called synesthesia and I think it's one of the most fascinating things on the planet.

Many people don't know that they have it because they think that it's normal. "Seeing" sound is just one form. It's basically an overlapping of senses and can take the form of someone seeing time in colors, or "smelling" words, etc.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Oct 23 2007, 08:34 AM)
    that does sound fascinating... it just sounds like a crazy trip, i never realized people did it NOT high... ha

Yeah, I thought that was called acid! There's a disease (disorder?) that does that? Crazy!!!!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 23 2007, 08:41 AM)
    It's called synesthesia and I think it's one of the most fascinating things on the planet.

Yep, it was on House, MD just the other week. :-)
  • how did i miss that?! i love house...