In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 4 2008, 09:06 PM)
    Although I was just thinking - watch a sitcom. On so many of the sitcoms out there it's the Mom running the show and the Dad bumbling about doing his best to tie his shoes.

Good point! That is the typical sitcom archetype. I didn't think about that at all.

In a different topic, my roommates are now both in relationships (one for over a year, one for a couple of months). I mean, I am too, but I generally only see my boyfriend a couple of weekends during the month. It should be said, I'm very happy for both of them. However, now I'm the constant fifth wheel.
    I certainly have other people to hang out with. Vagina night was supposed to be tonight, but one of my roommates has her boyfriend over, and the other is just having a kind of tough night (which is understandable. She's feeling a bit stressed out, so I understand completely). I just feel lonely. And a little jealous.

So, I'm going out to Blockbuster to rent Labyrinth and/or the Dark Crystal and I'm going to try and lure at least one of my roommates down for Baliey's and hot chocolate. Proactive!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 4 2008, 12:45 PM)
    i just finished reading "Scar Tissue" by Anthony Kiedis. Wow. Amazing. If you have any interest in him, or the Chili Peps at all, I suggest you read this book..

Ya, I totally agree. I haven't finished reading it (although I keep telling myself I will rolleyes.gif ) but it really is amazing. You learn so much stuff about Anthony and the rest of the Chili Peppers and it is so interesting.

• it took me forever to finish, mostly because i started it this summer and then when school started i had no time for pleasure reading. but i finally did finish, and i loved every minute of it. i was bummed when i finished because i wanted to keep going!!
  • ^^ hahaha. Ya I understand. Well the parts that I did read were amazing. I really do love them! Now I want to read the rest of the book haha
  • JK JK. Vagina night was totally on. We ended up drinking one cup of Bailey's and hot chocolate, reading Star magazine, watching the Dark Crystal, and sleepily chatting for a couple of hours. It's the perfect vagina night combination.

On to (re)reading the Communist Manifesto! GO Marx Go!

• Between Craig Ferguson and Grounds Keeper Willie, I've officially decided my future husband should have a Scottish accent.

While I don't find Scottish accents particulary sexy or alluring, it's the comedic value I praise! I'd be giggling at everything my husband says, especially during any arguement. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jan 4 2008, 07:22 PM)
    Good point! That is the typical sitcom archetype. I didn't think about that at all.

I'm so glad that you followed my logic on that. Because goodness knows I didn't include it in the post.
  • I recently realized that I have only 4 degrees to Kevin Bacon.

Success.
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Jan 4 2008, 11:07 PM)
    I recently realized that I have only 4 degrees to Kevin Bacon.

Success.

omg, I was so tempted to buy that game all wrapped and never opened in all it's original 80s glory. Then there was the Kojack boardgame that I didn't buy either. dry.gif
  • ^ Hahaha Tempe, there's a game, like a board game?

And a Kojack one? That's so random haha

Ya apparently one of my brother's is friends with the daughter of a famous person?! Say What. So ya, I was like "Damn, 4 degrees of separation baby." (I didn't actually say that)
  • QUOTE (porifera @ Jan 4 2008, 11:15 PM)
    ^ Hahaha Tempe, there's a game, like a board game?

And a Kojack one? That's so random haha

Ya apparently one of my brother's is friends with the daughter of a famous person?! Say What. So ya, I was like "Damn, 4 degrees of separation baby." (I didn't actually say that)

Lol, yes, there really is such a game. I saw it a used bookstore. But here it is:
    http://www.amazon.com/Kevin-Bacon-Game-Six...s/dp/B00000JIKJ

That's so cool! I love degrees of separation. Maybe you'll get to meet that celebrity.

Gah! Dominic Monahan is on Craig Ferguson. He's brought animals from a zoo, including two Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches. I do believe those two roaches are Roachie's 599th and 600th brother and sister twice removed.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 5 2008, 02:49 AM)

hahahhahahahhahahahha oh my god. best way thing to wake up to, thanks tempe smile.gif
  • You are very welcome, Katie!

Gah!!! "Kiss the Girl" is one of my fav songs/scenes in any movie! Then I saw the very evil twerpie Ashley Tisdale re-do the song since she is one of Disney's evil clones! I love the classic Disney movies and I hate how Disney constantly cashes in on these films by making lame straight to video sequels and having their lame little pop tart starlets sing the classic songs! I can't stand how many computers they added to her voice in order for it to sound even remotely like a tolerable rock song!

done ranting now laugh.gif

This version, however, did amuse me. Tis educational:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr3VGPCydlM...feature=related
  • tempe... everytime i come on here you make me laugh!! i wish i wasnt a stoop that forgot my headphones today so that i could listen to that kiss the girl thing. When i was lil the dude who did the voice of sebastian had Disney reggae albums. They would air concerts on tv and the kids would be jamm'n in a lill kid mosh pit. he was pretty rad. Also i was so confused about whether sebastian was a crab or a lobster. Mel and me have actually fought over this... but on Disney.com faq it states:

Q: Is Sebastian from "The Little Mermaid" a crab or a lobster?

Sebastian is a crab.

GAH
    i stayed up last night to watch Greg Proops (PROOOOOPS!!) on Craig Ferguson. now im sleeppppy...(yawn)
  • My lunch looks like vomit. But it tastes good.

And, no, it's not vomit.
  • I am currently eating chocolate, covered in chocolate and with loads of chocolate inside. CHOCOLATE!

um... too much sugar in my blood right now, not good, eh? I like it.
    ...I should really go to sleep now.
  • Harvard interviews are very scary
    and very long

but surprisingly, it was one of my better interviews so far

life doesn't make sense

who knows
  • Gross story anyone? Prepare, one is now coming: Today in the Oral Surgery Department (that's were we pull da teeth), I made a guy burst out laughing and simultaneously burst a spray of blood onto the paperwork he's supposed to take with him.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jan 8 2008, 06:49 PM)
    Harvard interviews are very scary
    and very long

but surprisingly, it was one of my better interviews so far

life doesn't make sense

who knows

Phantommilk, the fact that you interviewed there is incredible impressive. You are a very intelligent, motivated person. You will get in and do well no matter where. We're rooting for you! wink.gif

BTW, sometimes I want to call you "Milkie" cause I think it's cute. But if you don't like it, I'll stop