In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 8 2008, 08:51 PM)
    Gross story anyone? Prepare, one is now coming: Today in the Oral Surgery Department (that's were we pull da teeth), I made a guy burst out laughing and simultaneously burst a spray of blood onto the paperwork he's supposed to take with him.

EEEEEEEWLKJELKJSDKLJFLdjsaflksdjf asdfksdlfjsd i didnt think that sort of thing actually happened!! blood squirting out that is
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 8 2008, 10:17 PM)
    EEEEEEEWLKJELKJSDKLJFLdjsaflksdjf asdfksdlfjsd i didnt think that sort of thing actually happened!! blood squirting out that is

Bleh! I know, sounds like something out of "House" with the way I described it. It was actually just some blood mixed with saliva. So I guess it was mostly red saliva, but it did look rather spooky.
  • We have 2 free newspapers on the subway, The Metro and BostonNow. The Metro is basically AP headlines and lots of celebrity gossip, but at least the AP headlines are objective. BostonNow has an obvious right-wing bias and I don't understand why we have this paper. It's not like we're a conservative city- who is reading this paper? A page was on the floor today, so I bent down and read it and became so mad I started stomping on it. This paper even criticized Deval Patrick his second week in office.
    One time my friend saw me reading it and she was outraged. "I never read that," she said. It was an embarrassing moment for me. I wasn't actually reading it tho; I was just combing it for coupons.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jan 4 2008, 06:32 PM)
    Katie, thank you soo much. Seriously. It means a lot that you love taking COM and you've eased a lot of my fears. Woooo, now I want to get the fuck out of high school and start taking it, hahaha...

How did I miss this? You are SO welcome!! I love to brag about COM and how much I love it!! While I know it varies with every school and every state, I haven't heard complaints from anyone... there are the certain ones you'll hate (I hated 200, it was basically COM stats) but for the majority, I think you'll love it. And if not... well, you can be mad at me forever, but... I truly don't think you will wink.gif

on another note... WHERE am I going to be this summer?!?! Chicago? Orlando? LA? NYC?
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 8 2008, 08:52 PM)
    Phantommilk, the fact that you interviewed there is incredible impressive. You are a very intelligent, motivated person. You will get in and do well no matter where. We're rooting for you! wink.gif

BTW, sometimes I want to call you "Milkie" cause I think it's cute. But if you don't like it, I'll stop

aww thanks Tempe!!
    You can call me whatever you want! I really don't mind.

QUOTE (Tabetha @ Jan 9 2008, 01:28 AM)
    We have 2 free newspapers on the subway, The Metro and BostonNow. The Metro is basically AP headlines and lots of celebrity gossip, but at least the AP headlines are objective. BostonNow has an obvious right-wing bias and I don't understand why we have this paper. It's not like we're a conservative city- who is reading this paper? A page was on the floor today, so I bent down and read it and became so mad I started stomping on it. This paper even criticized Deval Patrick his second week in office.
    One time my friend saw me reading it and she was outraged. "I never read that," she said. It was an embarrassing moment for me. I wasn't actually reading it tho; I was just combing it for coupons.

haha I've never actually stopped to read either of those...
    I prefer the Phoenix biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jan 9 2008, 02:30 PM)
    haha I've never actually stopped to read either of those...
    I prefer the Phoenix biggrin.gif

hahaha, yeah, forgot about the phoenix. It's a really, really good paper! I don't read it that often tho, for some reason.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jan 9 2008, 01:49 AM)
    Harvard interviews are very scary
    and very long

but surprisingly, it was one of my better interviews so far

life doesn't make sense

who knows

Wow, Harvard?? Good luck Milky, my darling genius! I'm sure you'll have done fantastically. Well done. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 9 2008, 01:51 AM)
    Gross story anyone? Prepare, one is now coming: Today in the Oral Surgery Department (that's were we pull da teeth), I made a guy burst out laughing and simultaneously burst a spray of blood onto the paperwork he's supposed to take with him.

AWESOME.

I can't wait for things like that to happen at med school.
  • Monster Raving Loony Party.

Best. Thing. Ever.
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Jan 11 2008, 04:04 AM)
    Monster Raving Loony Party.

Best. Thing. Ever.

Hahahhaa.
    I can't believe they actually get votes...
    And I think that their leader is still the pet cat of the guy who started it all...
  • that band "Battles" that Dans bro and tims roomate (i think) is in is blowing up on the blogs...

coolioss
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jan 11 2008, 01:18 PM)
    that band "Battles" that Dans bro and tims roomate (i think) is in is blowing up on the blogs...

coolioss

Ahh, I was wondering if there was a connection!

Battles is beyond fantastic. Atlas was my song of the summer. I missed them in Montreal and I am seriously wishing that I had gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpGp-22t0lU (in my honest opinion, it gets super good around the 2:30 mark)

Even if you don't like the music, their technique and video aesthetics are amazing.
    It sounds like noise at first, loud and charging forward. The first time I heard Atlas, I hated it; "It's just sound! There's nothing there!" But the beat was with me for days. I would sing to myself the beat and not be able to stop. Then I heard it again on the local college radio station while driving, and it was love. There's so much there for the brain to process. It's new and loud and even dancable. I can listen to it over and over and not get tired of it. It's the middle build that gets me every time. They are the epitome of math rock. Thank god for Battles.
  • ya they're pretty cool. I haven't gotten into it that much but thier mirrored video is insanely cool.
  • you know you've been watching too much british television when youtube stops working for you, but when you try uk.youtube.com on the suggestion of a friend, it works fine.
    *dies*

• John Simm is sexy with a beard

well, he's sexy in general, but you know
  • my dog is staring at me... he wants me to go eat hamburger helper so he can beg me for it... but i will not be done in by his mind tricks...
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jan 12 2008, 03:43 PM)
    John Simm is sexy with a beard

a milk beard?!?
  • Harold & Kumar go to White Castle is freakin' hilarious
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jan 12 2008, 07:05 PM)
    a milk beard?!?

hahaha ohgod, it's bad on so many levels that my first thought was "hehe I wish"
    I'm ashamed sad.gif wink.gif

but no

it's a regular beard
    it always amuses me when i end up with the percentage 11.11...
  • top of the leauge again!

11:11 is the best time of the day