In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 19 2008, 10:13 PM)
    That's because nobody read it after I posted on it....sad.gif sad!

that thread was fun..
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 19 2008, 04:42 PM)
    that thread was fun..

let's revive it!..
  • Yay! unsadness! biggrin.gif
  • University decisions fuck with your head so much. Now all of a sudden I want to go to Boston U!?
  • i didnt have fun at prom
    there was a total of maybe 10 minutes that i did have fun
    ive never felt more lonely in my life
    i spent the majority of it by myself
    i even cried and went away by myself for a bit
    better luck next year maybe?
  • chin up dear! (im being old and wise, you can tell cause i called you dear) we didnt do proms here in calgary, aparently they do em in other parts of canada, we got stiffed, although im sure if we did have one i wouldnt have gone, im not a prom fella, anyways, thats besides the point. cheer up ok? im sure if you decide to go next year youll be fine. cheer up ok?
  • Aww, joe's a good fella. And he's so right!

I didn't go to prom. People tried to make me feel bad about it. To me, they are overhyped events that become forgotten pretty quickly and don't serve the nostalgic purpose they are supposed to. What's good is that you know what stunk about this year's, so if you decide to go next year, you can know what to avoid. Don't feel that you did anything wrong. These things are pretty overated popularity contests.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 19 2008, 10:05 PM)
    University decisions fuck with your head so much. Now all of a sudden I want to go to Boston U!?

GO. And then I can have an actual legitimate reason to visit Boston, instead of the flimsy excuses I have now.
  • Okay, then convince me! Is there some sort of train I can take that will go over the U.S. border?? Or perhaps a bus?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 20 2008, 08:50 PM)
    Okay, then convince me! Is there some sort of train I can take that will go over the U.S. border?? Or perhaps a bus?

You could take the train; you'd have to take the Amtrak Maple Leaf service from Toronto to Albany, NY and then switch to the Lake Shore Limited - Boston route, which would take you into South Station. And then you'd take the T from So. Station into Allston. It looks as though the Maple Leaf leaves Toronto at 8:30 am, and you'd get to Albany at 6:50 pm. Then you'd either have to wait 'til 4:10 pm the next day for the Lake Shore, or take some overnight train into NYC and then up to Boston, which will arrive at like, 8 am. It'll cost you between $123 and $168 one-way.

That's all icky, though.

There seems to be a whole bunch of Greyhound buses that run between Toronto and Boston. They're all about 18 hours, and you'll probably have to switch buses once or twice, but that's easier than the train situation (although trains are more comfortable). That'll be about $111 one-way.

You could also fly; Kayak.com is giving me a slew of results for early September in the $250 range. That's between $50 and $100 more, but it might be worth it for the convenience.

Also, BU is in Allston, which has a faaaaaabulous slew of rock venues (Paradise and Great Scott being the big two), and then there's the Middle East across the river in Cambridge. The music scene in Boston is alive and well, and while my completely-biased Yankees-fan-heart hates to admit any love for Boston (Is that juvenile?), it's far less overwhelming (and pretentious, maybe?) than the one in NYC.

Or maybe I'm just saying that because, over the past few months, I've been going out to Allston far more regularly than usual, and because I want an excuse to go visit some more (lol).

BIG DRAWBACK = a subway/tram system that closes SUPER early. (That always frustrates me.) And also bars close at 2 am ALL THE TIME. Booo.

Do do do, that's all for now.
  • Oooh, Kay. Come to Boston for school! You can see OK Go more often. There, obvious, easy, VERY compelling answer.

Girl in the Dark - I hated prom. Hardcore. Stupid friends ditched me, stupid date made me watch Dead Alive afterwards (not that I have anything against Peter Jackson, just that gross zombie movies are not my thing and are not very romantic), and all in all it was a waste of a totally hot dress. So I feel you. Life gets better after High School, promise.
  • QUOTE (GirlInTheDark @ Apr 20 2008, 01:30 AM)
    i didnt have fun at prom
    there was a total of maybe 10 minutes that i did have fun
    ive never felt more lonely in my life
    i spent the majority of it by myself
    i even cried and went away by myself for a bit
    better luck next year maybe?

awww sad.gif i'm so sorry you had such a terrible time, love. i'm in the same boat as you... i actually went to two... back to back. same date. his school on friday, mine on saturday. i was insanely miserable both times. i LOVE dancing, and the last thing i wanted to do was dance with him... this is very selfish of me, i might add. he was a very close, good friend, and after that we stopped talking. needless to say, had i brought who i WANTED to instead of getting guilted into bringing him, i probably would have had more fun... however. as rachel said, life is so much more fun and great after h.s

promise smile.gif <3
  • Is my mother's fiance my baby's father? mellow.gif
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 21 2008, 03:19 PM)
    Is my mother's fiance my baby's father? mellow.gif

You seriously need to stop watching Maury. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 21 2008, 12:29 PM)
    You seriously need to stop watching Maury. laugh.gif

laugh.gif Damn, you got me there! Why is he the only thing on at lunch time? Please tell me it's all fake and these are all actors. Do people really live like this? The mother was relieved to find out her daughter's baby was not made with her fiance. She hugged the fiance in happiness. Um, you do realize your daughter was having an affair with your fiance regardless?....LOL Why am I even analyzing this!?
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 21 2008, 12:40 AM)
    Oooh, Kay. Come to Boston for school! You can see OK Go more often. There, obvious, easy, VERY compelling answer.

Agreed. I've seen OK Go twice there (27/10/05 and 27/1/06), plus they played the now defunct Avalon twice in November 2006 (*shakes fist*), and I've seen them three times out here in Northampton, MA, although they probably won't play out here anymore, they're too big now.

C'MOOOOOON. I really just want to traipse around Allston for no good reason...
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 20 2008, 10:52 PM)
    You could take the train; you'd have to take the Amtrak Maple Leaf service from Toronto to Albany, NY and then switch to the Lake Shore Limited - Boston route, which would take you into South Station. And then you'd take the T from So. Station into Allston. It looks as though the Maple Leaf leaves Toronto at 8:30 am, and you'd get to Albany at 6:50 pm. Then you'd either have to wait 'til 4:10 pm the next day for the Lake Shore, or take some overnight train into NYC and then up to Boston, which will arrive at like, 8 am. It'll cost you between $123 and $168 one-way.

That's all icky, though.

There seems to be a whole bunch of Greyhound buses that run between Toronto and Boston. They're all about 18 hours, and you'll probably have to switch buses once or twice, but that's easier than the train situation (although trains are more comfortable). That'll be about $111 one-way.

You could also fly; Kayak.com is giving me a slew of results for early September in the $250 range. That's between $50 and $100 more, but it might be worth it for the convenience.

Also, BU is in Allston, which has a faaaaaabulous slew of rock venues (Paradise and Great Scott being the big two), and then there's the Middle East across the river in Cambridge. The music scene in Boston is alive and well, and while my completely-biased Yankees-fan-heart hates to admit any love for Boston (Is that juvenile?), it's far less overwhelming (and pretentious, maybe?) than the one in NYC.

Or maybe I'm just saying that because, over the past few months, I've been going out to Allston far more regularly than usual, and because I want an excuse to go visit some more (lol).

BIG DRAWBACK = a subway/tram system that closes SUPER early. (That always frustrates me.) And also bars close at 2 am ALL THE TIME. Booo.

Do do do, that's all for now.

Aww, Katy! Thank you so much for the help, but 18 hours!? HOLY FUCK. Plus the tuition seems insane..I think I'll have to just stay in Canada. sad.gif Someday I'll visit you and we'll go to a Celtics game or some other stereotypical Boston event. Promise!

QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 20 2008, 11:40 PM)
    Oooh, Kay. Come to Boston for school! You can see OK Go more often. There, obvious, easy, VERY compelling answer.

Ughhh, that is tempting. I'm hoping they give Canada just a little more love (which would be any love at all) since I'll be in Toronto and that's the only place in the country that exists to them. God, I'm bitter.
  • GO HABS.

Actually I really don't care. Last night we sat out on our front porch with our Calgary (Calgarian? Calgarite?) neighbors who had managed to hook up their TV outside on our currently broken sidewalk. We sat around eating ribs as they cheered, piled up on the steps.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 21 2008, 04:03 PM)
    Aww, Katy! Thank you so much for the help, but 18 hours!? HOLY FUCK. Plus the tuition seems insane..I think I'll have to just stay in Canada. sad.gif Someday I'll visit you and we'll go to a Celtics game or some other stereotypical Boston event. Promise!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'ma just kidnap you then muahahahahaha.

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 21 2008, 04:08 PM)
    GO HABS.

Actually I really don't care. Last night we sat out on our front porch with our Calgary (Calgarian? Calgarite?) neighbors who had managed to hook up their TV outside on our currently broken sidewalk. We sat around eating ribs as they cheered, piled up on the steps.

I have no idea what you're talking about.