In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Apr 21 2008, 08:01 PM)
    im waiting to see the highlights, should be on in a min over here

we should never have got rid off joe thornton

(still really fucking bitter about that)

thorntons a bum! but yes, they were better with him
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Apr 22 2008, 04:36 PM)
    thorntons a bum! but yes, they were better with him

i miss joe joe, i was gonna get a bruins jersey with his name on and everything...

now i have nothing!

NOTHING!

*sobs*
  • Get a Chara jersey. Or Kessel!
  • you dont want a bruins jersey, unless its a vintage bobby orr. then youre allowed.
  • Joe, quit with this East hatred!
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Apr 21 2008, 07:05 PM)
    I heard something interesting today. A friend who is a bioligist was tellig me a story and as a footnote he added that when one discovers a new species you can't name it after yourself. Aparently, in the scientific community it isn't permitted out of ethical grounds or something (basically it will seem arrogant) so... howcome Damian's grandad discovered the beetle species and named it kulashi? huh.gif

He didn't name it, his students named it. I believe that's how the story goes.
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Apr 21 2008, 04:05 PM)
    I heard something interesting today. A friend who is a bioligist was tellig me a story and as a footnote he added that when one discovers a new species you can't name it after yourself. Aparently, in the scientific community it isn't permitted out of ethical grounds or something (basically it will seem arrogant) so... howcome Damian's grandad discovered the beetle species and named it kulashi? huh.gif

That's a fairly recent "law." It's not really a "law" more of an unofficial rule that is now followed. It applies more to anatomy and physiology, not so much for arrogance or ethic but because it's hard to remember what an organ or nerve sac or chemical does when the name isn't directly related to the function.
  • so the hfoc 'nerve sack' will never be birthed?
  • apparently not tongue.gif
  • a centipede ran off with my scissors...
    i had scissors sitting on my desk...
    then i saw a centipede running around on the floor by my desk...
    so i went to get the vacuum...
    when i got back, the centapede and my scissors were no where to be found...
    now i can't sleep 'cause i'm afraid he's gonna stab me with the scissors for threatening him with the vacuum...
  • totally just heard the thong song
  • I was within five feet of both Feist and Julia Stiles today. Not at the same time, though.
  • I hear Julia Stiles has bad skin.
    confirm/deny
  • I had 4 margaritas, beer, and a cigar today. Twas my first cigar. Tasted sorta like coffee breath. I was at an engagement party. All the men were smoking cigars so my two friends and I thought, why should only males do this?
  • Can anyone rip a song from a video? Or can you tell me how to do it, if it's possible? From a video on youtube.
  • i can do it for you miss katie, send me a PM
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Apr 26 2008, 10:07 PM)
    I hear Julia Stiles has bad skin.
    confirm/deny

I did not look at her long/hard enough to determine. Sorry. She was pretty normal-looking, to be honest.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Apr 27 2008, 12:25 PM)
    Can anyone rip a song from a video? Or can you tell me how to do it, if it's possible? From a video on youtube.

vixy.net
  • I'm supposed to be studying for finals, but I keep getting distracted and clicking google news. The big entertainment news is Miley Cyrus's photo in Vanity Fair. "Skanky" or "artsy"? (her own words)
    It does look to me that it was meant to be artsy, because of the colors, shading and general stylization of the photo. It reminds me of a Mary Cassette painting of toddlers taking baths with their mother. But there's no tub in this photo of Miley, and no mother, and no towel- and Miley's no toddler. So instead of childhood innocence, there's a girl topless in a sheet. And naked + sheet = sex. It's not a bathing suit or something- it's a sheet, which really only means one thing. And add to that the tousled hair and overt red lipstick. So I can see why some parents are upset. I mean, just the other day I saw a mother with her little girl, and the kid was wearing a Hanna Montanna shirt, so Miley really does influence children. Miley, at 15, isn't old enough to pose in a sheet sexually, but she's also too old to do toddler innocence. She's stuck in between, with the Disney corporation yelling. I'm guessing Disney is upset b/c appearantly she also has bra photos going around the internet. I feel kind of sorry for her.
    However, Britney Spears was a Disney girl, as was Lindsay Lohan, Vanessa Hudgens, Hillary Duff, etc. And Spears's pregnant little sister is a Nick girl. But there is one girl who I think is a fantastic role model for little girls and still is a Disney star- Raven Symone.
  • In 35 minutes I will begin my final exam in my jazz studies class... I am so freakin' pumped to be done w/ this class
  • Mayo, today I drove down a street called "Mayo Boulevard" tongue.gif