In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• You should! The Eastern playoffs? The Boston Bruins vs. the Montreal Canadians (a.k.a. the Habs).

We watched the Calgary Flames vs. San Jose yesterday (part of the Western playoffs), hence my neighbor's excitement. We were just excited about people and ribs.

Bruins and Habs are 3-3 right now; tonight is the deciding game. I'm not into hockey at all, but I loooove cheering. So, tonight we are going out to the Concordia bar to watch.
  • if my beloved bruins crash out, i will sulk and powt alot
  • OMFG HOCKEY TALK! Finally!

This is hard for me, because the Habs are my 2nd favourite and Bruins are my 3rd (plus Chara is one of my top players ever), but I am nonetheless prepared for a merciless slaughtering of Boston.

[/butchness]
  • =[

come on boston!
  • Way to not support your constitutional monarchy's team, Andy!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 21 2008, 10:26 PM)
    Way to not support your constitutional monarchy's team, Andy!

normally, ill go with anything canadian over most things

but not when it comes to my beloved bruins!
  • eastern conference. BAH

andy your new favorite teams will be as follows: calgary, columbus, colorado, and if you have to chicago the fact theyre all cities that begin with C is purely coincidental.
  • I heard something interesting today. A friend who is a bioligist was tellig me a story and as a footnote he added that when one discovers a new species you can't name it after yourself. Aparently, in the scientific community it isn't permitted out of ethical grounds or something (basically it will seem arrogant) so... howcome Damian's grandad discovered the beetle species and named it kulashi? huh.gif
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Apr 21 2008, 07:05 PM)
    I heard something interesting today. A friend who is a bioligist was tellig me a story and as a footnote he added that when one discovers a new species you can't name it after yourself. Aparently, in the scientific community it isn't permitted out of ethical grounds or something (basically it will seem arrogant) so... howcome Damian's grandad discovered the beetle species and named it kulashi? huh.gif

Simple, he discovered it, but didn't realize what he'd uncovered. Someone else then named it for him once the entomology community realized it was a new discovery.
  • Sorry, Andy. biggrin.gif
  • Hey man, they wasted all that tea.
  • im waiting to see the highlights, should be on in a min over here

we should never have got rid off joe thornton

(still really fucking bitter about that)
  • Bruins played an awesome first period, and then just...wow.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 22 2008, 03:13 AM)
    Bruins played an awesome first period, and then just...wow.

still yet to see...dont even know the score!

sigh gotta wait till next week to see it i think, as english tv sucks
  • Well, in case you don't feel like waiting: 5 - 0

I'm only cheering for the Habs 'cause my team's out, and I will forever love your captain and your goalie.
  • my goalie was standing on his head..

sigh, it was that bad score wise?

oh boston...we tried guys, im proud of ya
  • Yep, that bad. But I mean, your goalie is one of the nicest and classiest guys in the league. Wish I could say the same.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 21 2008, 09:55 PM)
    Hey man, they wasted all that tea.

Kay, you know I made a joke about the Boston Tea Party while I was in England and NO ONE GOT IT.

They don't learn about it there. Completely glossed over. Granted, they've got a lot more history to learn than we do, but they haven't A CLUE about the Boston Tea Party.
  • Holy shit. That was the weirdest night I've had in a long time. After the Habs won, my friends and I ran down (literally) to the Bell Center to cheer and whatnot. It was like a mosh pit and actually just ridiculous" burning Bruins gear, crowd surfing, admirations of Carey Price, etc.

I eventually found my way back to my house, and I think we made good time because people starting SETTING SHIT ON FIRE. Holy crap, I understand that people are excited, but there were riot police out and even looting I think. What's going to happen if the Habs keep winning? Answer: I think I might need to leave Montreal for the evening. Burlington sounds nice.

P.S. They blew up cop cars. Way to go guys.
    http://www.nationalpost.com/sports/nhlplay....html?id=463718