In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• I've got family in town and am about to graduate on Saturday, so I'm not gonna be around for awhile. Tonight's a black tie and gown gala at the Ritz Carlton. My sister is my hot date. Anyway, just wanna say hi to y'all and thank you so much for supporting me on the path to dentistry. You guys rock so much.
  • Tempe! I'm so proud! wub.gif
  • Whenever I see this: <3 I think of blow.

Example: I <3 bubbles.

My mind reads: I blow bubbles.

It can get kinda dirty, at least the way my mind reads that. That's why I always use ♥ instead. So there's no confusion when I write "I ♥ aross".
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jun 12 2008, 05:15 PM)
    I've got family in town and am about to graduate on Saturday, so I'm not gonna be around for awhile. Tonight's a black tie and gown gala at the Ritz Carlton. My sister is my hot date. Anyway, just wanna say hi to y'all and thank you so much for supporting me on the path to dentistry. You guys rock so much.

our little girls all grown up
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jun 12 2008, 07:15 PM)
    I've got family in town and am about to graduate on Saturday, so I'm not gonna be around for awhile. Tonight's a black tie and gown gala at the Ritz Carlton. My sister is my hot date. Anyway, just wanna say hi to y'all and thank you so much for supporting me on the path to dentistry. You guys rock so much.

Tempe, darling, you are amazing and we are all VERY proud of you and your accomplishments! Hooray for OK GO's personal Dentist!

QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jun 12 2008, 09:31 PM)
    Whenever I see this: <3 I think of blow.

It can get kinda dirty, at least the way my mind reads that. That's why I always use ♥ instead. So there's no confusion when I write "I ♥ aross".

Was that a note for me, Becky? wink.gif

How do you accomplish the heart?
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 13 2008, 07:29 AM)
    Was that a note for me, Becky? wink.gif

How do you accomplish the heart?

Nope, not for you. This goes way back. You just stirred up the memory.

The heart is & hearts ; except you take out the space between the ampersand and semi-colon to look like this &hearts; and then you get this ♥.

Though on this board for some reason, you have to preview it before you post it otherwise it just comes out looking like &hearts;. But I'm pretty sure if you use it anywhere else it works on the first try.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jun 12 2008, 09:31 PM)
    Whenever I see this: <3 I think of blow.

YEAH it can get dirty. I know where you were going with this wink.gif
    Why does Andy turn us into dirty minded people? Or... at least he brings it out
  • What I don't get is how <3 translates to "blow"?
  • Hahahha, I don't really either, but the fact that she threw in aross made me giggle
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 13 2008, 09:28 AM)
    What I don't get is how <3 translates to "blow"?

To me it looks like lips with a cloud of smoke coming out.

Kinda like this guy:

• Ahh well. I once sent it to an older friend of mine in an email and she said "I'm not hip to all your emoticons, what does <3 mean?" so when I told her she said "Ah. I thought it was boobs."
  • Are you telling me I'm old? wink.gif
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jun 13 2008, 03:58 PM)
    Are you telling me I'm old? wink.gif

No. If you are, so am I.
  • boobs is way funnier than a heart. i'm totally going to think of boobs every time i see it
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jun 13 2008, 05:29 AM)
    Tempe, darling, you are amazing and we are all VERY proud of you and your accomplishments! Hooray for OK GO's personal Dentist!

Thank you guys! Tomorrow morning your friendly neighborhood Timpe dentist officially becomes DMD. Gah, I wish I had more time to print up pics and talk about the black tie ball. After my family leaves in 3 weeks, I'll be sad but I'll have more time to post.

(BTW, the family is driving me crazy!)

Edit: Happy belated birthday Darbie and ezovera!
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jun 12 2008, 07:08 PM)
    Go home with the band. That's what I always do.

wink.gif I kid.

hahahahah I wish. wub.gif wub.gif Johnny Marr and Isaac Brock. and the rest of Modest Mouse, whose names I unfortunately don't know.
    nah, it was good, my parents were nice enough to pick us up afterwards.

and it was a lot of fun.

and wub.gif Johnny Marr.
    seriously.
    he's amazing.

TEMPE!!!!! awwww I'm so proud! yayyyy for our no-longer-dentist-in-training!!
    biggrin.gif
  • Congratulations again Rose!!!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jun 14 2008, 01:06 AM)
    Happy belated birthday Darbie

thank you! and congrats to you!!!
  • Ahhh, congratulations Rose!! smile.gif

I was watching "The Whole Nine Yards" (AWESOME Bruce Willis and Matthew Perry comedy, if you haven't seen it before. LOVE it) last night, in which Matthew Perry plays a dentist. Whenever you saw him in his surgery, I thought "That's what Rose does!!!". Wooo smile.gif
  • TEMPE ARIZONA DMD

you could be a tv show

oh, and i hated the whole 9/10 yards, except the part where amanda peet isnt wearing stuff. shes hot in a strange way.