In this Discussion

PHOTOGRAPHY (*click*)

Comments

• As in the flash. Without the flash, everything is kind of blurry. You have the press the button to take the picture halfway down to charge the flash, and it takes a couple of seconds. So, I usually charge the flash before I aim the camera otherwise everyone stands around awkwardle for a few seconds.

Actually, I've gotten better pictures waiting for the flash because it's usually so sudden and everyone is suprised. Hilarious.
  • P.S. More polaroids (hopefully my friends won't be embarassed that I put pics up. They love the internet. Whatever.)

dancing:

The trip back to Montreal is beautiful
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jan 7 2007, 08:42 PM)
    As in the flash. Without the flash, everything is kind of blurry. You have the press the button to take the picture halfway down to charge the flash, and it takes a couple of seconds. So, I usually charge the flash before I aim the camera otherwise everyone stands around awkwardle for a few seconds.

Actually, I've gotten better pictures waiting for the flash because it's usually so sudden and everyone is suprised. Hilarious.

Man, that's so weird. I've never had to wait for the flash.

Edit: I definitely forgot to mention that I'm in love with your pictures.

And I have a question for you!

Imagine, if you will, that I am able to track down a Holga camera. (I asked three different people for one for Christmas and none of them could find any). Would a regular drugstore develop the film?
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Jan 8 2007, 12:54 AM)
    P.S. More polaroids (hopefully my friends won't be embarassed that I put pics up. They love the internet. Whatever.)

I realized also that all my friends love cameras. Exhibits 1-3.

1 Otis (not her real name):

2 Sam:

3 Col:

Dancing during New Year's:
    (my friend L is clinking two medals together in the background. She and my friend dancing in the front named Otis [her nickname, not real name] won said metals for winning a small film festival in NYC with there film Peaches which is AMAZING and can be found here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGJ4sKD5ozk
    More dancing:
    My friend Jon started a religion known as Franklinism based on the worship of a Glove with the image of Franklin on it as well as cookie dough. Cookie dough is God. Franklin is the savior. it has been going strong for 4.5 Years Yeah. Yeah.

Jon was telling a story pertaining to the glove and someone off to the side said something sarcastic and funny. Jon looks suprised. I love it because my friend Col looks like she's more amused than anything.
    One of my favs because Col and her bf look so solemn under the sign:
    Jon and The Glove:
    The trip back to Montreal is beautiful

these are brilliently amazing!

thanks for shareing them
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jan 8 2007, 01:13 AM)
    Man, that's so weird. I've never had to wait for the flash.

Edit: I definitely forgot to mention that I'm in love with your pictures.

And I have a question for you!

Imagine, if you will, that I am able to track down a Holga camera. (I asked three different people for one for Christmas and none of them could find any). Would a regular drugstore develop the film?

OH MY GOD HOLGAS. (I'm still going to get one for Ken eventually. You can find them on Urban Outfitter online [go figure, right? Damn fauxhipsters] and on eBay for a LOT less ($30 or so compared to $70). As far as I know from the kids who have Holgas, they develop their film regurally. I'm sure you could ask around at various places to check. I could ask, but I don't think it's a problem for most places.
  • Awesome. It's just that I live in a small town and I have yet to meet anyone here who's heard of them.

UrbanOutfitters and their ridiculous shipping fees piss me off, so I'll try eBay.
  • Okay, I have no idea what I'm doing.

Can any photography nerds tell me which one I should go for?
    http://search.ebay.ca/Holga-camera_W0QQcat...tZdQQxZ37QQyZ10
  • I would assume the 120FN lomo (the nes offered for new). The seller is 99.2% approval rating and the camera looks good.

Edit: also note: I have no idea what I'm talking about. Just go for a seller with a good rating and a camera with flash. A+
  • The rest of those polaroids are lovely. smile.gif I can't wait 'til I go to the Goodwill to get my camera.

Photos.

I don't know . . . he thought it would be cool to act like jesus.

I took this one a while ago. My brother got a dominoes game set for Christmas. I got bored.

• QUOTE (Jaded @ Jan 8 2007, 05:23 AM)
    The rest of those polaroids are lovely. smile.gif I can't wait 'til I go to the Goodwill to get my camera.

Photos.

I don't know . . . he thought it would be cool to act like jesus.

I took this one a while ago. My brother got a dominoes game set for Christmas. I got bored.

love the dominoes effect
  • Thank you. smile.gif

My odd cures for boredom are beneficial sometimes, I suppose.
  • i still have no warmth in my heart for my own photography dreams anymore though

however im going back down to my fave place on earth in feb so i plan to take many pics then
  • awww, well I hope your heart warms up soon. I like your photography.

and I hope your favorite place works. I would like to see some photos. smile.gif
  • Jade the domino one is beautiful.

And ditto Jade's sentiment Pandy, I'd like to see you post more of your stuff sooner rather than later!
  • Thanks again. smile.gif
  • heres 4 really old pics, i might have posted before..

i will try and scan in some more of my pics "real" photography, not the digital stuff my darkroom stuff latter today/tomorow
  • I really like the swan one. It seems so perfect! Once a swan got right in my face as my mom was docking the boat, and I took a picture of it. It's more weird looking and funny than anything, but that photo is really beautiful.

And what is the yellow thing with the water droplets on it? It looks like some kind of wire rope thing. Anyway, I like that one too. smile.gif
  • that is my old washing line, after a rainy day

that swan pic is one of my top 5 fave pics of mine ever
  • I can see why, it's very lovely. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 9 2007, 09:54 PM)
    heres 4 really old pics, i might have posted before..

i like smile.gif thats really cool, damn you talented people!