In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• QUOTE (agentnumone @ Dec 30 2007, 09:35 PM)
    -M. Ward and that vid for Chinese translation where the little old guy bob dances http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToEPFDIzhNA

- the above vid makes me happy. It's so cute and Mr. Magoo!
    - mel finding these rad vids and opening up cool new things to us (well to me anyway cause I live in a cave)
  • I haven't been here in forever!...

UWO gave me an email, access to the student centre, and some more tuition/rez info... I hope this means they like me... eeee
  • QUOTE (meliswilis @ Dec 31 2007, 10:27 PM)
    -i just got rejected.

edit:

oh well.

actually! now that i got rejected, i feel A LOT better. like, i'm listening to the song "you have killed me" by morrissey, and i'm actually not crying or anything. so whatever. i guess that was for the best.

i'm free. or at least that's what it feels like. nothing's holding me back anymore.

edit:

well...now i feel a bit more down about it. but whatever.
  • Spending New Year's Eve watching High School Musical 2, getting lost on back roads, and finally ending up at a friend's party, seeing people I haven't seen in a long time, and acting like a complete loon with some of the people I love most in the entire world. Happy New Year's World. Kisses all around!

Spending the day in the city with the boyfriend in order to see Mikhail Baryshnikov's calves (and I guess his acting too) and knowing how happy he makes me and how we manage to spend the entire train ride back in fits of laughter.

Spending the afternoon with family, with my grandmother playing Uno (and joining in with her taunting others when they lost their uno), listening to This American Life/Wait Wait Don't Tell Me with my brother (who is incredibly cool), and joking and laughing with my mom and dad.

I'm feeling very content.
    This is going to be a very good year.
  • I haven't been here in days... so weird.

- Getting my tickets for the Feb. 2 OK Go show in the mail
    - Seeing Rufus THIS FRIDAY a block from my apartment
    - Spending the last four days seeing some of my best friends EVER.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 2 2008, 12:38 AM)
    - Getting my tickets for the Feb. 2 OK Go show in the mail

Jeff and I are trying to ration a way for me to go. If I sell everything I own, take out a few loans, walk around the interstate overpass in a short skirt, give blood, and recycle cans, I will be about half way there.

I need to get out more. sad.gif
  • I'VE BEEN OFFERED A PLACE AT CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY!!!!
    AHHHHHHH!!!!
  • OF COURSE YOU HAVE I ALWAYS KNEW YOU'D GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AHHHHHHH!!!!

• OHMYGODOHMYGOD OHD AFLKDJSFLKADJSFLJD FKDS FDS OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

CONGRATULATIONS WIFEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! I'MSOOOOOO PROUD AND HAPPY I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOUUUU SKADFJL;DJSFLKADS
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 2 2008, 12:38 AM)
    I haven't been here in days... so weird.

The same goes for me... I made a brief return last night, but I hadn't been on even just to read since Sunday. It was bizarre... I missed so much!!

-the wife getting an offer at Cambridge!!
    -Tdog's rationale for attending the Feb 2 show (I'm in the same boat...)
    -Spending NYE in Chicago with my best friends
    -Getting a limo for $5 a person on NYE... wow. We REALLY lucked out
    -My dress I wore... I could spin in it and it was all flowy
    -purchasing a Coach clutch/wristlet for $50... totally a steal
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jan 3 2008, 02:01 PM)
    I'VE BEEN OFFERED A PLACE AT CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY!!!!
    AHHHHHHH!!!!

HOLY SHIT! Congratulations sweetie! You deserve it.
  • Thank you my lovelies!!! You are all so wonderfully supportive and I adore you!!

Hehehe. 2nd best medical school in the world. smile.gif
  • so, since you're in. are you going to commit to cambridge??
  • Oh yes, definitely. Cambridge all the way.

The university itself is divided into colleges, which determines your tutors and accommodation and such, and my college is King's... it's the most famous one, the one my teachers told me I'd never get into because it's so prestigious. I'm so pleased I proved them wrong.

Just look at how gorgeous that place is:
  • oh my God. I'm so jealous. Wow. I'm going to visit you there. THAT will be my goal. that place is absolutely breathtaking. smile.gif i'm seriously so happy for you i could cry!!
  • OH MY GOD! ALICE THAT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS, I KNEW YOU'D GET ACCEPTED!!!

- sending away parcels to people who don't expect anything, hehe----
    - finally finding time to work on my OK Go picture, I still have to paint a black and white Tim and Damian...

ALICE YAY!
  • Alice that building is absolutely breathtaking. When do you get to go back to school and make those teachers eat humble pie?
  • Hehe you guys are so sweet it's overwhelming. You make me happier than the offer itself!

School started again today... but I only opened the letter when I got home, it arrived while I was at school. So I shall gloat tomorrow!!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jan 3 2008, 11:28 AM)
    Hehe you guys are so sweet it's overwhelming. You make me happier than the offer itself!

School started again today... but I only opened the letter when I got home, it arrived while I was at school. So I shall gloat tomorrow!!

You are a much better person than I. I would've gone RIGHT BACK TO SCHOOL with that letter to smush it in people's faces. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jan 3 2008, 11:28 AM)
    So I shall gloat tomorrow!!

Gloat away my love smile.gif you totally and 100% completely deserve it!!

another happy thing,

-cherry coke