In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• well, we did it as part of our going away party for our friend Angie who is going to Italy for 6 weeks... but here's where it pretty much started...

we have lil' jon to thank for pimp cups smile.gif

hahahahah love it.
  • well, we did it as part of our going away party for our friend Angie who is going to Italy for 6 weeks... but here's where it pretty much started...

we have lil' jon to thank for pimp cups smile.gif

hahahahah love it.
  • whoops. i'm pretty awesome at triple posting
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ May 27 2007, 02:05 AM)
    -Guitar Hero and watching my friends get so into it

YESYESYES. I love that game (and I'm terrible at it). Guitar Hero II had "Trogdor" as a track and it makes me so happy.

-Driving with a bunch of friends (including some I haven't seen in a while) and listening to Boston's "More than a Feeling" about 8 times on repeat until we all can sing the instrumentals near perfectly
    -Finally getting the courage to watch a Very long Engagement (since when I first saw it, the people shooting their hands in the first 10 minutes made me freak out and I had to leave the theatre) and realizing it's as beautiful as I hoped it would be
    -spending the day wandering an art museum and lounging on the front lawn
    -listening to a Prairie Home Companion with my boyfriend
    -playing with kittens (which I did twice today oh my god they're so cute)
    -3-day weekends
    -air conditioning
    -spooning
  • i am officially the happiest person on the planet.... I'm watching MadTV and the episode where OK Go performed 'Get Over It' is on... its from '03 and it is the reason I'm in love with them.... I'm seriously so happy. This terribly horrible day is good now:)
  • you guys^^
    (aww sappynes)
  • My grandmother is from the Carpathian Mountains in Ukraine (now I think they're a part of Poland, but whatever). Most of my aunts and uncles were born in the small village there, until the area became a part of Poland and the Polish government decided to displace this group of people, including my grandparents (they were technically Ukrainian, but really a subset of Ukrainian, known as Lemko. They spoke a dialect of Ukrainian and had some of their own customs, etc.). My mom was born in Poland and they moved to the United States when she was 5. So, all of my aunts and uncles still partially have accents, except my mom who was too young to really develop an accent before they moved here.

So, my Grandma has a heavy accent and I've recently discovered she loves to tell stories.

This was the story she told me yesterday and it made me happier than anything in the entire world:

There was this couple and the husband always told his wife, "no one looks at you! You are not beautiful! No one thinks that you're beautiful!" Fed up, the wife said, "No? Walk three yards behind me on Sunday on the way to church. You'll see. Everyone will look at me."
    So, on Sunday, she dressed in her best and they began to walk to church, her husband, as agreed, walking 3 yards behind her.
    As she walked, she made funny faces to everyone who passed, sticking out her tongue or blowing raspberries and, as she had promised, everyone turned and looked at her. Her husband couldn't see her making faces, but he COULD see everyone turning to look at her as she walked toward the church.
    When they got to the front doors, she said, "see? Everyone looked!"
    He never made fun of how she looked again.
  • 1. Being done with school for the summer!! (Well... for two weeks... then summer school smile.gif)
    2. My favourite teacher in the world being nominated and then voted the most stylish man in the country (Mike Pizzuti from London Central, REPRESENTIN')
  • - The San Antonio Spurs winning on Thursday. I love me some humble champions.
  • mike maroth... even though i've been told by an extremely unreliable source (my roommates lame boyfriend) that he'll be traded soon b/c he "sucks so much"... whatever. he's my tiger smile.gif

-the fact that the tigs won 15-1 tonight smile.gif
  • Yesterday was full of things that made me happy!

-VA check came in the mail. Finally, after two and a half weeks.
    -Walking into a hair salon to turn in a resume, and Vertigo by the Libertines was playing there. I was kind of giddy about it.
    -Walking around Lakeview (Neighborhood of Chicago) and I walked by the Vic Theatre to find that Feist was performing there. I look to my right and I see her tour bus . . . I didn't meet her or anything, but I walked by her tour bus! That's kind of weird, though . . .
    -I went to Forever 21 and they played the White Stripes Icky Thump and Bjork's Volta. I was in love.
    -Seeing Jason Schwartzman in Marie Antoinette. I was kind of upset that he didn't speak much through the whole movie . . . but he did really good and the first half is very funny because of him. Oooooh, I adore that man a lot.

Other things that make me happy:
    -I get to see the Redwalls on Saturday!!!!!!
    -Listening to Coconut Records a lot. And Albert Hammond, Jr.
    -Lollapalooza in about a month.
    -My Ringtone (it's Cold War Kids Hang Me Up to Dry. I wish T-Mobile had Saint John but they don't. Oh well
    -Banana Chips! Soooooo goooooood.
    -Tastee Freeze
    -The Redwalls new EP. The last song is very lovely.
  • - icky thump
  • jaded...

did you go to bonnaroo? sounds like you would have fit right in there... smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Jun 20 2007, 02:06 PM)
    -Seeing Jason Schwartzman in Marie Antoinette. I was kind of upset that he didn't speak much through the whole movie . . . but he did really good and the first half is very funny because of him. Oooooh, I adore that man a lot.

i didnt see marie antoinette... but i think i adore jason schwartzman too. Id think he should be an even more famous movie star by know. Rushmore is one of the coolest movies eva.
  • they switched one of my final grades from an f to a c+ i think that makes me happy.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jun 20 2007, 01:29 PM)
    jaded...
    did you go to bonnaroo? sounds like you would have fit right in there... smile.gif

No, I didn't. I wish I did. I bought Lollapalooza tickets instead!

It's much more affordable for me to stay in Chicago where I just have to take the CTA to Grant Park, instead of taking a train or plane to Bonnaroo (I forgot where it was . . . )

I'm just really pumped to see Cold War Kids and Kings of Leon, who played at both anyway.
    -----------

didnt see marie antoinette... but i think i adore jason schwartzman too. Id think he should be an even more famous movie star by know. Rushmore is one of the coolest movies eva.

Oh, you should see it. It looks like Jason gained a little weight for the film . . . or his costume just made him look that way. I'm going to be selfish, but I like where he is now. He can still be a recording artist and an actor without going all Eddie Murphy on us . . . or anything like that.

Rushmore is a kick ass movie. One of my favorites.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Jun 20 2007, 11:11 PM)
    No, I didn't. I wish I did. I bought Lollapalooza tickets instead!

It's much more affordable for me to stay in Chicago where I just have to take the CTA to Grant Park, instead of taking a train or plane to Bonnaroo (I forgot where it was . . . )

I'm just really pumped to see Cold War Kids and Kings of Leon, who played at both anyway.

Ahh okay, got it! YEAH! The Lollapalooza lineup looks AMAZING!! So... you're in Chicago now? Thats so badass... I love Chicago! I'll be there at the end of July (finally) it's been so long...

But yeah, I asked b/c you mentioned those bands... my two good friends went without me sad.gif but my best friend came back MORE in love w/ the Cold War Kids than she already was... I don't know much by either, but I like em... smile.gif

I'd realllllly wanna see Ted Leo...

happy list:
    -Chicago
    -the screen caps of damian, done by lety <3
  • I saw Cold War Kids in April or March when they were here and they blew me away. They are so amazing live. So I'm really excited to see them for the second time this year. And maybe my third in October because they're going on tour with the White Stripes! I must go to that . . .

I saw Ted Leo & the Pharmicists when they came to the Metro in April. He's really good, too. I went with my friend who is in love with him.

The drummer broke his kit a few times, as seen here, he's fixing it while Ted Leo performed one of his songs solo. Good show.
  • ooo ted leo is on my list of bands to see/prob wont get to see in a long time....

hahhah... and it kinda makes me happy that im wearing my "Jovi" pants.. that look very similar to the pants Ted is wearing in those photos.. i know, weird things make me happy rolleyes.gif
  • ahh thats badass smile.gif

i love ted leo because of a show i watched nearly 4 summers ago. my favorite and unfortunately most shortlived show... which is going on my HAPPY LIST...

the brendan leonard show