In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• -SNOW PATROL TONIGHT!!

- LAKE WAWASEE TOMARROW FOR A WEEK WITH MY BEST FRIEND
  • - OK Go captions thread
  • -The Damian is Hot thread.
    -Heading home from Washington a day early.
    -OK Go Captions
    -My ex-step-great-grandfather's mousepad with the cute wittle puppies.
  • OK GO LIVE!!!! last night!!!
    biggrin.gif
  • ^^JEALOUS!

-Being done with soccer for the weekend
    -Cedar Point tomorrow!
    -OK Go captions
  • I bought galoshes and none of those sissy girly galoshes with hearts and flowers. No! These are REAL MANLY WOMANLY GALOSHES that could kick the ass of any of the slush that is the main wintertime feature of Montreal.

BEHOLD!

I am a fucking winner.

..also I bought my first pair of skinny jeans today. I feel like a traitor.
  • ^ SWEEEET GALOSHES!
    Ehhh skinny jeans. I have a thing against those. laugh.gif

- picnics in the park!
    - "the producers" soundtrack
    - chocolate chip muffins
    - weekends
    - wonderful ID pictures (how often does THAT happen?)
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Aug 5 2007, 12:54 AM)
    ^ SWEEEET GALOSHES!
    Ehhh skinny jeans. I have a thing against those. laugh.gif

- wonderful ID pictures (how often does THAT happen?)

Haha thanks! I hate skinny jeans too, but these actually fit and made my butt look good so I really couldn't do anything but buy them.

Congrats on the wonderful ID picture! biggrin.gif I never manage to attain that (I always either look very confused or very angry).
  • spending 200 bucks at h&m and loving everything you got, including:
    - a really badass jacket
    - a grey semi-shiny vest with cool lapels
    - an argyle sweater
    - a cute unconventional polka dot dress
    - a light cream colored purse
    - CRAZY RED SUNGLASSES ahah.

yay!

oh and i've been uber-busy so i haven't had time to talk about this in the gigs section, or start a thread for them in the music forum, but last saturday i went to a show and met two members of one of the opening bands called The Little Ones, who are quite good. and they were awesome and signed my tshirt and took a pic with me.. and one of them was like sooo sweet aw. and i was sorta fangirly cuz i was so freakin excited because i never get to meet a band ever!

so yes things that make me happy: shopping and meeting bands with really sweet members.
  • I'm gonna see Muse next week smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
    They haven't been here since like 2001.
    Everytime they come to the US, they focus on LA and the west coast.
    And I luuuuuuuurve them!
    And I luuuuuuurve Matt Bellamy!

sigh- but it's stadium seating again...I dunno if I wanno go to another sad stadium experience....
  • - owning TV shows on DVD and watching them marathon-style
    - loud brainless dance music
    - air conditioning smile.gif
    - friends coming back from vacation and not changing a single bit
    - water guns
    - Bio CD, volume I
    ^ Basically, a friend and I would serenade each other with sappy lovesongs and other randomosity when dying of boredom in Biology. Six months later, we made a mix CD of our greatest hits. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Shalu-lah @ Aug 6 2007, 09:24 AM)
    - Bio CD, volume I
    ^ Basically, a friend and I would serenade each other with sappy lovesongs and other randomosity when dying of boredom in Biology. Six months later, we made a mix CD of our greatest hits. laugh.gif

OMG I used to do that with a friend in Biology! Our greatest hit was Wonderwall - Oasis. I worked with her for awhile too and we got Wonderwall put on the playlist so we could sing to each other wub.gif

I can't believe other people do that! laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 2 2007, 08:35 PM)
    Agh, jealousy!
    Haha smile.gif Ironically enough we went shopping for about an hour, got bored of the place and went random places on public transit...
    We went on the subway, all the way from Queens to Downsview, all the way to Finch, and then all the way to Union... and then we caught a Go bus to Barrie... got dinner, hopped back on a bus, got home for 8pm. Tehehe. Random adventures on public transit are way more fun than shopping...

- Breen being way too sweet wub.gif
    - Comfy cardigans
    - Jonathan Safran Foer
    - Painting my room hot pink w/ lime green and lavender accents... hehe
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Aug 6 2007, 04:39 AM)
    - Jonathan Safran Foer

Agreed. Everything Is Illuminated is my favorite book of all time; I think I've read it about 4 or 5 times now.

-Musicals. Oh my god I love musicals and I'm not even ashamed to say so. I watch the Tony's each year near-religiously.
    -road trips
    -the local homemade ice cream
    -the fact that my friends from home and I are still super-close despite having spent the past year all in different places due to college
    -having one of my best friends transfer up to school in Montreal. This coming schoolyear is going to be ridiculous
    -Sleeping next to someone. After spending a few days on a road trip with my boyfriend, it's weird to sleep by myself. There's something inherently comforting about being able to curl up next to someone and fall asleep and still have that person there in the morning.
  • The way *he* smiles at me
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Aug 3 2007, 01:25 AM)
    -aw katie i hope your date went well.

it went really well. smile.gif i had fun... we'll see if anything more happens...

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 4 2007, 08:12 PM)

i used to HATE skinny jeans... but now i love them. i didn't think i could ever pull them off. working in retail has it's advantages sometimes

-cran-raspberry juice
    -subway
    -banana peppers
    -my sidekick
    -my ipod, boomshiki
    -totes
    -pictures from my first 2 years of college...

(i'm hungry... can you tell?)
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Aug 6 2007, 04:02 PM)
    i used to HATE skinny jeans... but now i love them. i didn't think i could ever pull them off. working in retail has it's advantages sometimes

I know! Mine aren't super skinny, just tapered enough to have a thin leg. They're not skin-tight by any means. (Listen to me, I'm trying to justify buying a pair of pants)

-local bookstores
    -gardening and growing plants
    -water coolers
    -spending the entire afternoon reading
    -listening to stories about people falling in love. I'm a romantic at heart
    -hummingbirds
    -putting my hand out the window while driving and making it into an airplane
    -demolition derbies
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 4 2007, 08:12 PM)

woah, so did I! ya i used to hate them, but these were just way too cool to pass up, so i just had to get them.

-getting paid
    -going on random rampage adventures
    -going to the city with my friends!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 6 2007, 12:13 PM)
    I know! Mine aren't super skinny, just tapered enough to have a thin leg. They're not skin-tight by any means. (Listen to me, I'm trying to justify buying a pair of pants)

i know what you mean... mine are actually a bit long even though they are regular length, but they puddle down at my feet so i don't feel completely naked and like a bigfoot...

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 6 2007, 12:13 PM)
    -local bookstores

oooo good one. smile.gif
  • -mud fights with a bunch of your friends biggrin.gif
    -washing your hair with shampoo and a hose
    -bonfires