In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• - Urban Outfitters miraculously selling me an adorable shirt for nine dollars.
    - La Métro de Montréal
    - Lush products. Yay for looking good and being nicer to the environment!
    - Randomly meeting Sarah Harmer and a member of Broken Social Scene!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 6 2007, 07:50 PM)
    - La Métro de Montréal

Correct.

God I love Montreal.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Aug 6 2007, 08:57 AM)
    Agreed. Everything Is Illuminated is my favorite book of all time; I think I've read it about 4 or 5 times now.
    -Musicals. Oh my god I love musicals and I'm not even ashamed to say so. I watch the Tony's each year near-religiously.
    -road trips
    -the local homemade ice cream
    -the fact that my friends from home and I are still super-close despite having spent the past year all in different places due to college
    -having one of my best friends transfer up to school in Montreal. This coming schoolyear is going to be ridiculous
    -Sleeping next to someone. After spending a few days on a road trip with my boyfriend, it's weird to sleep by myself. There's something inherently comforting about being able to curl up next to someone and fall asleep and still have that person there in the morning.
    Everything Is Illuminated is amazing. I loved it. I'm really surprised that it was his first published novel... I'm reading Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close right now, and it's so good... I love Oskar biggrin.gif

- Buying a 10$ webcam, and it not sucking entirely (though it does suck a great deal; you get what you pay for eh?)
    - Making faces at myself in the cam
    - Sticking my feet into the cam
    - etc
  • It's funny, people who have read both Everything is Illuminated and Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close either adore one or the other.

I mean, I loved EL & IC but I am completely and totally infatuated with Everything is Illuminated. The opposite was true for a friend of mine and the more I talked to people about it, the more everyone likes both, but really connects with one of the two.
  • i finally cleaned my entire room.
    i went thru my whole closet and everything.
    its so clean
    who doesnt love a freashly cleaned roomj
  • ^^^ Not me! I always feel so good after cleaning my room. I tried to explain the feeling, like "your soul has been cleansed" to my parents and now they pay me out everytime I tidy. "How does your soul feel now!? huh?"
  • MY FUTURE HUSBAND WON!!!!!!
    GO MATT!!!!
    I was afraid his jokes were too "European"- intellectual, ya know? But then he hit her with the bra joke and HE WON!!!!!!!!
    I know that since the show is rigged, he's not going to be the ultimate winner, but seeing him even one more week makes me so happy smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Aug 8 2007, 10:03 PM)
    MY FUTURE HUSBAND WON!!!!!!
    GO MATT!!!!
    I was afraid his jokes were too "European"- intellectual, ya know? But then he hit her with the bra joke and HE WON!!!!!!!!
    I know that since the show is rigged, he's not going to be the ultimate winner, but seeing him even one more week makes me so happy smile.gif

YAYY! I was nervous that he wouldn't get through too. But the bra joke definatly did it!
    I was SUPER happy biggrin.gif
  • Def'ly! I was afraid he wouldn't go thru cuz his jokes started off soooo European- intellectual, atheist, witty and clever. Would an audience of fat, stupid, probly right-wing Americans understand his sophisticated humor (meaning, the producers of the show who are the ones actually picking/rigging, grrrrr)? But the bra joke made him a shoe-in!

Can I just say that I hate Debra? Her jokes are always the same. Alright, we get it already!

I read that the producers have ppl edit in more laughter for their picks and edit out laughter and even edit out the good jokes of the ppl they want out
  • They've done that since the show started.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 8 2007, 10:58 PM)
    They've done that since the show started.

which is sad sad.gif
    But seeing Matt is nice smile.gif
    faaaaces smile.gif sad.gif smile.gif sad.gif smile.gif
    sorry- that was ridiculously fun
  • ooo i love going into the paint chat room and watching all the boobage ^^
    and there was a cartoon orgy yesterday after i left... i wanted to seeeeee
  • i love that yalls husband won! woot!

OH MAN I SAW KOOZA!
    i had my training for cirque yesterday, and i got to see the show after my training. I thought that they would just let us see a dress rehersal... but it was a real show for friends of friends working on the set and so forth. I love how much audience participation they have and how intimate it feels dispite there bing 1300 people there. i mean they took like 3 people on stage and even hoisted an audience member into the air tongue.gif, i wont give it away to those who want to see it. they have so many random people wandering around the crowd and things keep on getting incresingly more and more insane until the show started.

my favourite act:image
    ^ the pick pocket, he was the most adorable thing ever

I love how they have so many things that a regular circus has (clowns, chair stackers, gymnasts) but they have their own special cirque twist to it

I randomly saw this little girl on the site, i just thought that she was probably someone’s kid, but turns out that she was a contortionist... she did the most INSANE things with her body.

ok last little bit of rambelling:
    Everyone on site is of a differnet nationality. One of the supervisors is this young French canadian guy named "François", and he is the most adorable person i have ever met. I was just so transfixed by his accent, and he was so funny. Another Superisor is from sweeden and too, his accent is so crazy, i love it! But i know François is going to provide hours of entertainment value tongue.gif

OH YEAH! Tonight is the official PREMIRE and im working, i hope i dont screw up when selling 5$ soda and 8$ popcorn to the very important people coming tongue.gif
  • oooo that sounds sooo cool!!

don't worry, you won't mess up! you're too rad to do that!
  • aw Fel thats too cool!
    yay for cirque!

things that make me happy:
    -FEBREEZE
    does anyone else find febreeze to be one of the greatest things ever?
    i'm like the dude in the commercial that cant stop smelling whatever is sprayed with febreeze.
  • That's so awesome, Fel!
    Congrats!
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Aug 9 2007, 01:53 PM)
    does anyone else find febreeze to be one of the greatest things ever?
    i'm like the dude in the commercial that cant stop smelling whatever is sprayed with febreeze.
    biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif I LOVE FEBREEZE. I first fell in love with it when my uncle was staying over at our house (more specifically, my room; I had to sleep in the basement for 2 months), we're a strictly smoke-free house, because... yeah. And he's a heavy smoker, he kind of smoked in my room when nobody was home because he was TOO DAMN LAZY to go outside and smoke instead, and it smelled like crap by the time he left so I bought febreeze and it was like, oooohhh. Peachy fresh.

Let's sniff couches and stuff together
  • i love the febreeze comercials there funny haha
  • amberdino yea i feel the same lol
    plus i love spraying stuff with anything that comes from a squirt bottle
  • -the teeny okgo thread wink.gif
    -personalized ring tones (i can't do them anymore though... boo)
    -green pens
    -crispy, brand new money (bills)

ehmmmm that's all for now