In this Discussion

okgosongs yahoo account

Comments

• I have unlimited bandwidth with my website, and I'm thinking of just uploading them to it permanently so we don't have this problem again. I'll let you know the links when I do it.
  • Any chance of gettin some decent live videos up? Im homeless so cant afford to go see Ok Go. And do you have any spare change?
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 9 2006, 03:16 PM)
    Any chance of gettin some decent live videos up? Im homeless so cant afford to go see Ok Go. And do you have any spare change?

Homeless! No British boardie can ever be homeless! If you like deserts, I've got a nice hollowed out cactus in the backyard you could sleep in, but no spare change. Sorry.
  • If electricity bills are included i'll take it!
  • Yes! Electricity is included, hope you like Christmas lights though. Just one more random question, where in England is Lincoln?

ok, sorry, now back to the thread.....
  • East Midlands, in between Nottingham and Skegness. I only go to university there. I say that incase you ever go to lincoln and see the local residents - Its village of the damned.
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 9 2006, 05:16 PM)
    Any chance of gettin some decent live videos up? Im homeless so cant afford to go see Ok Go. And do you have any spare change?

I've posted a billion on OK Go's YouTube (under sn HelloLover86).
  • I've exhausted Youtube for its massive collection of live versionds of A Million Ways recorded on mobiles from the crowd.

However http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=272vASxBels...0slater%20fight
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 9 2006, 11:33 PM)
    East Midlands, in between Nottingham and Skegness. I only go to university there. I say that incase you ever go to lincoln and see the local residents - Its village of the damned.

indeed,

lincon fails at being interesting
  • Its hugely interesting, a historic town which is filled with endless bars and pubs. A local population of inbred retards, 10,000 students and the most changeable weather of any place in the Uk. IM not joking either, in March it was bright sunshine and t-shirt weather, then within 10 minutes it was snowing. Lincoln is the place where reality forgot. It has a club called Sugacubes and the walls sweat...
  • *bump for opinions*

Okay. Here's the thing. I know we've kind of recreated this thing already. But one of them is Dave's account, and he can't really go around giving that info out 'cause it's on his own bandwith. And we've kinda' been using Sarah's old account, karmapointer@yahoo.com, but that's all but been forgotten. Like, all that's in it are the 33 songs I sent to it, and then it just kind of fell out of collective memory. And 33 songs is taking up 21% of the storage space, so eventually that's going to get filled up.

So. For a while I've been thinking of making a Gmail account with the same name as the old one (it would be okgosongs@gmail.com), and making sure it gets filled up, because I know a lot of people over at LJ and such have been asking for B-sides, etc. Also, Gmail won't (or isn't supposed to) run out of storage memory, which is good.

So tell me- am I being too anal retentive in wanting to start a new, properly named songs account? Or should I just suck it up and fill up the karmapointer account so newbies can find stuff?
  • make new account, but dont go giveing out the addy and password all willy nilly

as we will be back where we started, but failing more
  • Agreed. A new account would be preferable.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jul 27 2006, 02:52 PM)
    make new account, but dont go giveing out the addy and password all willy nilly

as we will be back where we started, but failing more

Well, I'd probably post about it on LJ, but make it a friends-locked post, so only people in the community could see it. And from there, only really tell people when they ask/are looking for something. I mean, that's what we did with the first one, and it lasted a good while. I think it kind of defeats the purpose of having an account if we don't tell people, even at the risk of having what's happened once happen again. It would be silly to recreate the account for our own benefit, seeing as most of us here have pretty much everything.

Maybe we should tell people but ask them to email/PM us for the password?
  • sounds a plan

and i recomend changing the password every month or so
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jul 27 2006, 03:17 PM)
    sounds a plan
    and i recomend changing the password every month or so

Ooooh, good idea.....though I don't want people to get frustrated with it.....then again, most people only really check it out once, take what they don't have, and then forget about it....
  • even more the reason to change it then

set it up within your holy trinity

and post a blog each month with the new password

make it so only people in your group able to see the blog

and presto
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jul 27 2006, 03:26 PM)
    even more the reason to change it then

and presto

Hmmm. I may just do that. Or something like that.

All righty, going to make a new account.....

Edit: Oooh, gmail has a security question, too, so that if anybody ever screws up the password, I can still access the account using my own email.....that's fun....
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jul 27 2006, 02:26 PM)
    even more the reason to change it then

and presto

Wait, so you want us to release all these rare songs to fangirls? Hmm, you have changed your tune, Mr. Crazy.
  • All right.

New account name: okgosongs@gmail.com
    Current password: okgood

I've sent about 30 songs- all of Appendices, the three songs from the Six Song Demo that I have, the Napster Live tunes (including "Clementine"), and a few other songs.

I'm getting a little weirded out by seeing my name in a straight list, though, so if you guys want to start adding stuff, please do so! Just
    a) be sure to put the song name and where it's from (Live, Live Cover, Such-and-Such Single, etc.) in the subject line, and
    cool.gif make sure that someone hasn't already sent it.

Also, two questions for everyone-
    1) What do we consider to be a "commercial release"? The EPs aren't really a commercial release, and they were up there last time, but they're available for purchase in the store and anyone can buy them. (I'm one to talk, I haven't yet, haha...) Whereas something like......"The Lovecats" or "Down For The Count" are on commercially released singles, but they're only really on limited release.

2) Should we start sending vids and interviews as well? (Not your own vids, put those on YouTube, but stuff like music videos, which aren't up for sale (except AMW) but which you may not have unless you figured out how to download them.....or if you managed to capture TV interviews or whatever....)