In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Dec 29 2006, 03:16 PM)
    We're going on the 3rd, actually. Bought the tickets the SECOND they went on sale, and still go crappy seats, that's okay though because I love them enough to be far away and still be excited beyond believe. There is going to be another show on January 19th in Anaheim, but we're (when I say we, I mean my partner in crime - Angela87 and me) still not too sure on how to get the tickets. We're still in the process of figuring that out, but if you like when we do find out we could inform you of all the nice details.

oo awesome.. i'd love to go to the show in anaheim too! so if u manage to figure that out i'll definately be interested in scoring some tix.. oh yea and i bid on those pit tickets for the show at gibson amphitheater on ebay.. hopefully i'll get them.. and im tempted to get some crappy seats for the SDSU show so i can see them twice! ahh that would be so freakin awesome!
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Dec 29 2006, 06:10 PM)
    i think i read somewhere a few years back that he went to Columbia College in Chicago (an arts school) for percussion specifically...not positive though so don't quote me.

but definitely for sure know he went to Columbia COLLEGE not the UNIVERSITY (which is the ivy league school in new york) Just want to make that fact clear smile.gif

Damn! You caught my mistake. I actually knew that...I'm writing statements and essays for three of the schools the boys attended (DePaul (Tim), Northwestern (Andy D.), Columbia (Dan)) and they are all running together. University, College, Institution...what's the difference?

Thanks for correcting me. biggrin.gif
  • I know someone's going to kill me and hate me and yell at me. And I know this is bound to be posted somehwere else. BUT,
    help me get some Appendices stuff pleaseeee.
    I love you guys
  • QUOTE (terren @ Dec 30 2006, 09:44 PM)
    I know someone's going to kill me and hate me and yell at me. And I know this is bound to be posted somehwere else. BUT,
    help me get some Appendices stuff pleaseeee.
    I love you guys

okay so if you email okgosongs@gmail.com, then they'll email you back a password. using that, log in and u can download all sorts of rare songs, b-sides, live tracks etc..

but i have a really stupid newbie question.. wat exactly does "appendices" refer too? i mean is it just a term for all of ok go's songs that aren't on any of their actual albums?
  • Sweeeeeet. THanks.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Dec 31 2006, 08:05 AM)
    okay so if you email okgosongs@gmail.com, then they'll email you back a password. using that, log in and u can download all sorts of rare songs, b-sides, live tracks etc..

but i have a really stupid newbie question.. wat exactly does "appendices" refer too? i mean is it just a term for all of ok go's songs that aren't on any of their actual albums?

Appendices is just the name of the record. Although we all credit it as OK Go, it was really Damian and Tim's work (and more so Damian's), as far as I know. I may be wrong. Correct me if I am.
  • QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Dec 29 2006, 11:10 PM)
    i think i read somewhere a few years back that he went to Columbia College in Chicago (an arts school) for percussion specifically...not positive though so don't quote me.

but definitely for sure know he went to Columbia COLLEGE not the UNIVERSITY (which is the ivy league school in new york) Just want to make that fact clear smile.gif

that should be very interesting...a graduation in percussion...
  • QUOTE (lissy @ Dec 29 2006, 05:40 AM)
    Andy majored in Electrical Engineering and minored in Computer Science.

He really is my heroe...I only have some subjects in common with that graduation and I can only say: I wish I hadn't!
    It's really complicated...
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 2 2007, 11:34 AM)
    Appendices is just the name of the record. Although we all credit it as OK Go, it was really Damian and Tim's work (and more so Damian's), as far as I know. I may be wrong. Correct me if I am.

Nope, you're right. It's an album they made for a school project or something, and it didn't have a case: It was held in this thing with a bolt down the middle.
  • Nah, that was the EP from his band Square.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jan 3 2007, 10:58 PM)
    Nah, that was the EP from his band Square.

Then who told me that? I heard it from someone, but I guess it couldn't have been Appendices because it has Damian's old phone number on the back, and that would imply that it had a back.
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ May 16 2006, 08:05 PM)

QUOTE (CinnamonLips @ Sep 13 2006, 06:23 PM)

My turn to share. Here's Tim in high school happy.gif.

• hoe did you get that ihave7stars???
    He looks sooooooooooo...hairy?young?
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jan 5 2007, 05:29 AM)

WHAAA?!?! blink.gif Tim with hair!

How on earth did you GET this?
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jan 5 2007, 08:29 AM)

ohmy.gif blink.gif
    Woah. My mind is blown.
  • My turn. smile.gif

My apologies if someone already claimed and posted this picture (I looked around beforehand):

• I'm so happy Damian's finally done with his sleeveless shirt phase.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jan 5 2007, 07:29 AM)

OMG!!

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Jan 5 2007, 12:39 PM)

Where did you find that?? I love it!

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 27 2006, 01:51 PM)
    I'm still trying to find a play that Tim wrote called "The Clowns Play,"
    QUOTE (Morrigan @ Dec 28 2006, 03:21 PM)
    oh, I thought it's called "Clowns and Cotton Candy"? anyway, I'm sorry but I can't help you...I heard about it too but I was never able to find out more details about it, sadly... unsure.gif
    Yeah, it's "Clowns and Cotton Candy," and if I'm not mistaken, it has to do with the same dream he talks about in Podcast #3 (the samurai & ferrets). There was an early interview where he talked about a play he wrote about that dream; based on this title, it doesn't seem like this would be that play, but something's telling me it was. No clue where that article is, but I read it just a few months ago, so it's probably Googleable.

I got this pic from Google; unfortunately, only the thumbnail will come up, not the article it's apparently from nor the full-size image.image
  • Thanks, Shreri -- that was enough to allow me to find the following:

"Clowns and Cotton Candy" is a whimsical play about class warfare among the circus people of another time and place. Playwright Tim Nordwind also happens to be the bass player for OK Go. "Clowns" receives its world premiere by Greta Mae Productions, opening at the Theatre Building Friday, March 26 [2004].

Another blurb I found somewhere else said its 2-week run was 3/25/04 - 4/11/04. Evidently, a bunch of former DePaul University students were involved with the directing, acting, and production advising.
    ----------------
    Greta Mae Productions Proudly Presents
    CLOWNS & COTTON CANDY
    by Tim Nordwind
    9 Performances only!
    Beginning March 26, 2004

On the southeastern side of the northwestern most tip of the world,
    an important piece of history has gone forgotten...until now.

Theatre Building Chicago
    1225 West Belmont

Written by Tim Nordwind, critically acclaimed playwright and just happens to be the bassist of OKGO, as seen and heard on TV (Jay Leno, Conan O'Brien, MTV and This American Life!)

Clowns and Cotton Candy is a hilarious and triumphant look at the kingdom of the circus in another world and time; overwrought by class wars, greed, and murder.

Ringmaster Harvey The Great has taken ill and his idealist son, Gerard the Great is in line for the throne. But, when Harvery finds out about Gerard the Great's forbidden love affair with Darla the Clown Princess, he forces his son to live in exile. This leaves Harvey's evil tyrant advisors, Phifarso the FortuneTeller and Crystal The Ball in line for the throne.

Is there anyone who can save these rings from the people, freaks, and clowns that inhabit them?
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Jan 5 2007, 06:10 PM)
    "Clowns and Cotton Candy" is a whimsical play about class warfare among the circus people of another time and place. Playwright Tim Nordwind also happens to be the bass player for OK Go. "Clowns" receives its world premiere by Greta Mae Productions, opening at the Theatre Building Friday, March 26 [2004].

Another blurb I found somewhere else said its 2-week run was 3/25/04 - 4/11/04. Evidently, a bunch of former DePaul University students were involved with the directing, acting, and production advising.
    Doh, I remember reading this now. Now I think I remember the other one having "dreams" in the title somewhere.

And that picture of Tim was from his high school yearbook. Now that we have both Dan's and Tim's, I'm determined to find Damian's and Andy's. tongue.gif
    Der, did you get his yearbook on eBay? laugh.gif