In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 10 2006, 04:19 PM)
    there's actually a granduation on stuff like that??wow...I tought that it was something related to music and art and sound and stuff blink.gif

I thought that too. Thanks for explaining that better, folks!

smile.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 12 2006, 12:36 AM)
    Uh oh. Defective merch? That's not what OK Go is about.

Haha. It's not that bad, and it's definitely not going to stop me from enjoying it! I think I probably did something to muck it up, because it generally seemed to be of good quality. I'll just be extra careful while wearing it, now.

mIa, don't let this put you off.. it's a really awesome shirt, and super comfy!
  • QUOTE (lissy @ Nov 12 2006, 08:52 AM)
    Haha. It's not that bad, and it's definitely not going to stop me from enjoying it! I think I probably did something to muck it up, because it generally seemed to be of good quality. I'll just be extra careful while wearing it, now.

mIa, don't let this put you off.. it's a really awesome shirt, and super comfy!

really? Is just that I don't know if I'll order it or not because, i'm always thinking, "what if it never gets here?". where can I complain if it never gets here?
  • umm...can I also ask something about the Juggling Club here? I don't know where to post it... I feel so stupid ,but HOW can I send a PM over there? or is it just not possible? I was trying to contact another german member over there but I have no idea how to do that... unsure.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 11 2006, 09:36 AM)
    Uh oh. Defective merch? That's not what OK Go is about.

Pssssh, I never got my replacement camera.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 12 2006, 11:29 PM)
    really? Is just that I don't know if I'll order it or not because, i'm always thinking, "what if it never gets here?". where can I complain if it never gets here?

I'm in Australia, and had no problem with the shipping. It took about 4 weeks, though.
  • QUOTE (lissy @ Nov 12 2006, 08:48 PM)
    I'm in Australia, and had no problem with the shipping. It took about 4 weeks, though.

Hum... probably what my ok go package will take to arrive in Brazil, I hope. I'm dying here waiting.

sorry ma bad english, everybody! biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Morrigan @ Nov 12 2006, 04:19 PM)
    umm...can I also ask something about the Juggling Club here? I don't know where to post it... I feel so stupid ,but HOW can I send a PM over there? or is it just not possible? I was trying to contact another german member over there but I have no idea how to do that... unsure.gif

You can't send a PM over there, unfortunately. And you can't look at another member's profile unless you go searching for it on the member's list. Those are two things that really need to be fixed.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 13 2006, 02:41 PM)
    You can't send a PM over there, unfortunately. And you can't look at another member's profile unless you go searching for it on the member's list. Those are two things that really need to be fixed.

aww, that's too bad sad.gif . I really hope they're going to fix that one day. so I guess all I can do is trying to start a german thread... hope that's allowed over there. will also check if such a thread already exist. anyway, thanks a lot, jedi_grrlie.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 9 2006, 04:01 PM)
    It has a lot to do with images and the expression of their meaning, mostly in pop-culture, textbooks, advertising, etc.

see... symbols(?)!! well... I was close, for not remembering anything about it.

and I really hope those shirts aren't defective... even if its not that bad, I'd still try to tell/ask somebody. it won't hurt for them to check for defective merch every once in a while.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 9 2006, 01:31 PM)
    I've made a search but I can't figure out what is exactly art-semiotics. Can anyone explian me?

Not, perhaps, all that helpful, but here you go:
    http://www.brown.edu/Departments/MCM/undergraduate/
    and
    http://www.brown.edu/Departments/MCM/under...e/art-semiotics
    It's in the Modern Culture & Media program. BTW, Damian's listed on the alumni page (but his name is spelled wrong).
  • I just went and (impulsively) wikipedia'd "semiotics," and it basically said what's already been summed up here. Nice work on that, boardies! We've got some smarty-pants...es...es [brain shorts out] Errrr.

And I also checked out those links (thanks sureeyesawake!)... In conclusion, the alumni of Brown have ridiculously awesome careers. The end.

Seriously, if you've got the time, scroll through the alumni list and check out what they're doing. It makes me want to go Ivy League tongue.gif But just reading course descriptions from there is painful.

The egg nog ice cream is in my brrraaaaiiin.
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Nov 26 2006, 10:44 PM)
    Seriously, if you've got the time, scroll through the alumni list and check out what they're doing.

Are they too smart and successful to capitalize their proper nouns? dry.gif C'mon, Brown, set an example! And misspelling Damian's name - that's just sloppy.
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Nov 27 2006, 04:44 AM)
    The egg nog ice cream is in my brrraaaaiiin.

Seriously. Best reply eveerrrrrrrr.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Apr 11 2006, 08:03 PM)
    Oh, my God.

I'm gonna' cry the next time I hear "Return." I know I am.
    Sorry. That song gets to me as it is.

"You were supposed to grow old" is the part of the song that always gets me.
  • I was just wondering if anyone knows where one would send letters and things. I have a long Thank You/letter I want to send to Dan, as well as a few other things, and I'm not sure where they should ship off to and whether or not they would actually get to who they are supposed to. I know that here-
    http://www.okgo.net/aboutokgo_contact.asp
    is an address and it says "send us cool stuff!" but that's in New York, and I dunno. Has anyone ever tried shipping something there? Have you ever heard anything about it?
  • I don't know if this has been talked about, but my friend said that there are certain words that this forum recognizes and it changes them ::Insert fancy computer action name here:: For example every time I type (Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore) it says this Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore. See I can't type Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore just regular Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore! I mean don't get me wrong, I do adore him, but it's like I'm being censored! Are there any other types of words that get changed? Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore... sorry I'm just fascinated by this.
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Nov 27 2006, 06:36 AM)
    Are they too smart and successful to capitalize their proper nouns? dry.gif C'mon, Brown, set an example! And misspelling Damian's name - that's just sloppy.

Hahahaha XD You tell 'em!
    QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 27 2006, 07:11 AM)
    Seriously. Best reply eveerrrrrrrr.

Aww gee [blushes]. Thanks ^_____^
    I went and got more you-scream-I-scream-we-all-scream-for (eggnog) ice cream tonight. The results were noticeably less horrific. I have to limit myself to one scoop, otherwise things start getting dicey...
    QUOTE (Angela87 @ Nov 29 2006, 12:23 AM)
    I don't know if this has been talked about, but my friend said that there are certain words that this forum recognizes and it changes them ::Insert fancy computer action name here:: For example every time I type (Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore) it says this Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore. See I can't type Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore just regular Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore! I mean don't get me wrong, I do adore him, but it's like I'm being censored! Are there any other types of words that get changed? Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore... sorry I'm just fascinated by this.

Oh, that tickled my fancy. Hah XD
    I think right now you have to try your hand at crafty spins on Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore's name. For instance J*orge, J0rge (that was a zero), J.orge, Jorgey Porgey, etc. It can be fun!! (<--- massive dorkhead)
  • And there is the main one- J orge. And then "U*tilize" (sorry Damian. Just giving an example of the horrid words that must be changed!) turns into Use. Also, if you type "And*y Ross" it becomes Rusty Ross
  • Dami en turns into Damian.