In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 8 2006, 12:41 AM)
    He seriously doesn't have the time. At first it was just because nothing was coming to him and he didn't have any ideas, then everything snowballed and I'm sure it's the farthest thing from his mind at this point.

He usually just calls himself Andy. Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore started the whole Rusty thing and he kind of went with it, so I don't think any of them are a big deal to him.

hello mixtape,

thanks a lot for answering my questions!! it really helped, thanks so much smile.gif. so I take it that Rusty isn't actually a real nick of him, aha... smile.gif

oh, and here's another (prolly stupid newbie-) question... I read all pages in this thread now (yeah it took me a while but I was so curious biggrin.gif ) and some of you mentioned that Andy still seemed to be a kind of "outsider" in the band (ok these are MY words to sum it up, lol). that was in february or march I think. is that still the case or did it change now in the meantime? did he become a more involved band member? did he become friends with the other guys? ok I really, REALLY have to apologize for my stupid questions rolleyes.gif . I don't know why only Andy-questions come to my mind right now, lol...maybe because most of the Damian- and Tim- questions I had were already answered wink.gif.

anyway, I hope you can also help me with this one. thanks in advance smile.gif

Morrigan
  • they seem like friends... i think it has been mentioned somewhere on this vast forum that allot of us believe they have pillow fights and paint each others nails (or bald heads in somecases).

gah... maybe i just imagine them being really chummy... i mean, Dami, Tim and Dan must miss Mr.Duncan, but Andy seems like a nice fit in the band.

and to the Rusty thing... i am soo totally going to yell "ROOOOOSTTY!" to him when i see them this month. tongue.gif haha i always refer to him as andy rusty ross
  • I think Rusty's more or less found his place in the band now. I think he and Damian are good friends- they seem to really get along, anyway.
  • that's great to know, thanks a lot for your answers smile.gif. whenever I see OK GO on youtube (because some of you guys have uploaded live concert videos etc, lol) they all seem to me like a happy band, you know, like 4 friends on stage. I was just a bit unsure because I read these posts from some months ago here in this thread and thought I'd better ask you, hehe. it's great to get your answers so quickly smile.gif.

another question (please tell me if I start to get on your nerves, lol): do they ALWAYS give autographs after the show? or are they prolly just meeting up with their friends, wifes, girlfriends etc (if they all have gfs or wifes, I only know that about damian so far...) and you can walk up to them, take pics with them then and ask for autographs? I saw pics on flickr of them sitting on tables, giving autographs, but also lovely pics of fans together with the band members, so... what is the way they usually give autographs, IF they do at all after the shows? and do they write their autographs on EVERYTHING you show them, I am talking about CDs, pics, printed out OK GO stuff, concert cards etc? or do they have autograph cards themselves, you know, like big stars often have wink.gif..?? just wondering, you know....

thanks smile.gif
    Morrigan

@Felster: I'd soooooooooo love to see you shouting ROOOOOSTY, LOL... tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Morrigan @ Nov 8 2006, 03:43 PM)
    another question (please tell me if I start to get on your nerves, lol): do they ALWAYS give autographs after the show? or are they prolly just meeting up with their friends, wifes, girlfriends etc (if they all have gfs or wifes, I only know that about damian so far...) and you can walk up to them, take pics with them then and ask for autographs? I saw pics on flickr of them sitting on tables, giving autographs, but also lovely pics of fans together with the band members, so... what is the way they usually give autographs, IF they do at all after the shows? and do they write their autographs on EVERYTHING you show them, I am talking about CDs, pics, printed out OK GO stuff, concert cards etc? or do they have autograph cards themselves, you know, like big stars often have wink.gif..?? just wondering, you know....

They do make an effort when they can, but it's not always practical. If they're opening for someone in a huge venue or with a lot of these sold-out shows they're having themselves lately, they just can't walk around like they do at shows in clubs and bars. If you're lucky enough to catch a smaller, relaxed show (especially when they first started out), you can hang out with them, have looong conversations, they'll sign anything you want, take hilarious pictures, etc. It's not as common now from a lot of stories I've heard about recent concerts, but I was able to sit and talk with all of them, take pictures, do whatever I wanted. They sometimes have free OK Go posters if you want something signed, but they'll autograph just about anything.
  • does anyone know what year damian graduated from brown?
  • QUOTE (untidytowns @ Nov 8 2006, 06:55 PM)
    does anyone know what year damian graduated from brown?

1998, also the year that OK Go formed. smile.gif He graduated, moved to Chicago, and the rest is history!
  • thanks a lot for your answer, mixtape! same thing happens to most bands who get more and more famous... I sooooo hope they'll come to Europe again soon (esp. Germany) so I can try to get an autograph after the show, but oh well, I am prepared that it won't be easy and maybe impossible. anyway, thanks smile.gif.
  • QUOTE (Morrigan @ Nov 9 2006, 06:20 PM)
    thanks a lot for your answer, mixtape! same thing happens to most bands who get more and more famous... I sooooo hope they'll come to Europe again soon (esp. Germany) so I can try to get an autograph after the show, but oh well, I am prepared that it won't be easy and maybe impossible. anyway, thanks smile.gif.

Yes I so agree on them coming to Europe!But not England!They should be tired of Englad by now!!Portugal is a lot more sunny...

QUOTE (untidytowns @ Nov 8 2006, 11:55 PM)
    does anyone know what year damian graduated from brown?

I've made a search but I can't figure out what is exactly art-semiotics. Can anyone explian me?
  • I don't think even damian can explain what semiotics is.

I think it has to do with symbols and weird stuff like that, but I might be making it up.

He said it was virtually pointless, though. So I haven't worried about it yet.
  • It has a lot to do with images and the expression of their meaning, mostly in pop-culture, textbooks, advertising, etc.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 9 2006, 07:01 PM)
    It has a lot to do with images and the expression of their meaning, mostly in pop-culture, textbooks, advertising, etc.

*fear*

huh.gif
  • ....?

What's wrong?
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 10 2006, 12:15 AM)
    ....?

What's wrong?

there's actually a granduation on stuff like that??wow...I tought that it was something related to music and art and sound and stuff blink.gif
  • Schools like Brown have some really strange majors. They also have majors that you can create yourself, so Damian might have made his own major.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Nov 10 2006, 06:41 PM)
    Schools like Brown have some really strange majors. They also have majors that you can create yourself, so Damian might have made his own major.

REALLY???wow...do these people get like a hum...job?
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Nov 10 2006, 07:41 PM)
    Schools like Brown have some really strange majors. They also have majors that you can create yourself, so Damian might have made his own major.

I don't think he did, because Duncan Sheik (remember that song "Barely Breathing" from like, 1997?) also majored in Semiotics from Brown.

According to Damian, Semiotics is "pure navel-gazing academia for the sake of academia" (paraphrased, 'cause I don't feel like searching for the interview...).

QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 10 2006, 08:42 PM)
    REALLY???wow...do these people get like a hum...job?

They become rockstars, apparently. tongue.gif
  • I have a question about the t-shirts. I got the purple one with the doodley logo on it a couple days ago (it arrived scrunched into a ball, and stuffed into a small envelope - I found that quite funny) But now, the colour is starting to go weird. It hasn't been washed, and I'm sure I haven't spilled anything on it ..yet, but around the neck-hole and chest the purple is starting to go pink in a patchy sort of way. Did this happen to anyone else, or did I just get the dodgy one?
  • QUOTE (lissy @ Nov 11 2006, 08:37 AM)
    I have a question about the t-shirts. I got the purple one with the doodley logo on it a couple days ago (it arrived scrunched into a ball, and stuffed into a small envelope - I found that quite funny) But now, the colour is starting to go weird. It hasn't been washed, and I'm sure I haven't spilled anything on it ..yet, but around the neck-hole and chest the purple is starting to go pink in a patchy sort of way. Did this happen to anyone else, or did I just get the dodgy one?

I'm glad you've posted that because I was going to buy the exact same one...
  • Uh oh. Defective merch? That's not what OK Go is about.

Email Milosh and/or Pete. Send them pics of what's happened. I don't know if they'll refund/compensate you in any way (they may just do), but they'll probably be hapy if you bring it to their attention, so that it doesn't happen again.