In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Sep 28 2007, 01:16 AM)
    what's with the word "u tilize"? blink.gif

I checked it up, it's in the dictionary... utiliz e: "to put to use; turn to profitable account: to u tilize a stream to power a mill"

in fact, it's a very common verb in spanish too... utilizar: yo utilizo, tu utilizas, él utiliza, nosotros utilizamos, ellos utilizan

I demand an explanation laugh.gif

Rosa

ok this one was because of Damian, i think it all started in a gig (right?) and Damian was talking about useless words and said that if they have the verb to use why did some people had the need to use the verb to u tilize? he's always complaining about stupid ways of speaking...

it wasn't as hard for me to understand as it is for you in spanish because in portuguese we have "usar" and "utilizar" so it's just like in english. It's like useless synonimes

So later then, Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore made this a private joke on the boards.

if you look in the board, you'll find the hole story, or maybe another fan that actually was at the show and witnessed the story (or remembers it better than i do) can tell you exactly what it's about.

though, you can have an idea now wink.gif
  • I don't believe it happened at a show, but at a friend's party.

Here's the blog post that started it all (to the best of my knowledge) http://laweekly.blogs.com/style_council/20...making_sen.html

And, here's the post about it on OK Go's blog: http://thewilltorock.blogspot.com/2005/11/blogfight.html
  • Yep, it was at a party.

Also, the blue dots indicate how many posts you have. You don't get one per post or anything, it just kind of indicates if you have a little or a lot.
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 27 2007, 08:13 PM)
    i'm pretty sure this is the one you're after:

thanks to the ok go central gallery smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif ...That doesn't look THAT gay rolleyes.gif maybe it was a lowcut... laugh.gif

Thanks for the u tilize explanation Mia, frielanor, mixtape ...

in Spanish we have usar too; it's different to utilizar in the same way it's different in English or Portuguese... utilizar tends to imply a more "rational" use than mere "usar"...the difference is very slight but it's there.

Rosa
  • Dumb dumb dumb question here...but...does anyone have a link to a really good quality version of the video for "Do What You Want"? Not the wallpaper one and not the tour version one. The one with the trippy camera shots. I KNOW it exists (because I saw it with my EYES!) and I wanna put it onto my sweet new iPod to prove to my friend of its existence and the ones I'm finding on YouTube aren't cutting it and now I'm tired and my eyes hurt from staying up too long in trying to find the darn thing.

*bawls*
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Sep 27 2007, 07:13 PM)
    i'm pretty sure this is the one you're after:

thanks to the ok go central gallery smile.gif

HA! Like they would stay in a Holiday Inn nowadays. It's nothing but Ramada, baby.
  • anyone could tell me how do I pick the size of the only t-shirt available at the JC?
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Sep 30 2007, 10:43 AM)
    Dumb dumb dumb question here...but...does anyone have a link to a really good quality version of the video for "Do What You Want"? Not the wallpaper one and not the tour version one. The one with the trippy camera shots. I KNOW it exists (because I saw it with my EYES!) and I wanna put it onto my sweet new iPod to prove to my friend of its existence and the ones I'm finding on YouTube aren't cutting it and now I'm tired and my eyes hurt from staying up too long in trying to find the darn thing.

*bawls*

Did you try just getting it from the iTunes store? That's where I got it. It's only two dollars. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Sep 30 2007, 12:41 PM)
    anyone could tell me how do I pick the size of the only t-shirt available at the JC?

You get a confirmation email when you buy the shirt and you're supposed to reply to that email saying what size you want, but for that shirt, I'm pretty sure the smallest size they have is a medium because my sister was one of the first people to buy it and she asked for a small, but they sent her a medium. You can always email Captain Internet to ask what sizes are available though.
  • see, I do have another problem..i've changed my e-mail a long time ago and at that time I sent Captain Internet an e-mail saying what my new e-mail was. But at the time he probably didn't read the e-mail so the e-mail registered at the JC is still my old one (that I can't open). Does anyone have the direct e-mail of captain Internet?
  • Changing my email is the one thing I've never tried to do, so I don't have any advice for that, but here's Captain Internet's email:

captaininternet@okgo.net
  • thank you sooo much dear wink.gif
  • You're welcome! I hope you manage to get it changed. Hopefully Captain Internet isn't on haitus or anything.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Sep 29 2007, 12:52 AM)
    Also, the blue dots indicate how many posts you have. You don't get one per post or anything, it just kind of indicates if you have a little or a lot.

thanks for that... oviously you have a lot... and i don't... laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Oct 1 2007, 03:43 AM)
    Dumb dumb dumb question here...but...does anyone have a link to a really good quality version of the video for "Do What You Want"? Not the wallpaper one and not the tour version one. The one with the trippy camera shots. I KNOW it exists (because I saw it with my EYES!) and I wanna put it onto my sweet new iPod to prove to my friend of its existence and the ones I'm finding on YouTube aren't cutting it and now I'm tired and my eyes hurt from staying up too long in trying to find the darn thing.

*bawls*

this ones a bit better quality than the ones on youtube... still not great though....
    <here>
    ...i'll see if i can find a better one [not promising anything though...]
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Oct 1 2007, 02:33 AM)
    this ones a bit better quality than the ones on youtube... still not great though....
    http://www.video-c.co.uk/newmicrosites/mic...;vidref=okgo002
    ...i'll see if i can find a better one [not promisnig anything though...]

i can't open it sad.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Sep 30 2007, 09:41 PM)
    You're welcome! I hope you manage to get it changed. Hopefully Captain Internet isn't on haitus or anything.

thanks again wink.gif
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 2 2007, 02:00 AM)
    i can't open it sad.gif

hmm.... works for me... [but that's alright, i watched it again, and it's not very good quality...]
    http://www.video-c.co.uk/newmicrosites/mic...;vidref=okgo002
    ...i'll see if i can find a better one [not promisnig anything though...]

Thanks smeja, but I can't open it either!

I reckon I'll just have to make do with the YouTube one because I don't have iTunes buying capabilities sad.gif
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Oct 3 2007, 04:18 AM)
    Thanks smeja, but I can't open it either!

I reckon I'll just have to make do with the YouTube one because I don't have iTunes buying capabilities sad.gif

okay, i edited my first post... hopefully it works now... if not sad.gif