In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• Anyone know how tall Andy is?

And for that matter, what are the heights for Tim, Dan and Damian?

Just curious is all.
  • Damian's 6'3"

(I asked him. laugh.gif)
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Dec 19 2007, 09:29 PM)
    Anyone know how tall Andy is?

And for that matter, what are the heights for Tim, Dan and Damian?

Just curious is all.

Dan's height is in that unofficial fanclub myspace interview where he answered our questions...I don't remember what it is tho.

Damian should play basketball!!! sorry, couldn't help myself.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Dec 19 2007, 11:07 PM)
    Dan's height is in that unofficial fanclub myspace interview where he answered our questions...I don't remember what it is tho.

6'0". He's taller than Andy and Tim, and Andy's taller than my husband so I'll peg him for about 5'11". Tim is maybe a little shorter than the hubby, so he's around 5'9 or 10", maybe a tad under (I can't entirely tell from the picture).

• Tim might be shorter than that. I'm 5'7 and he was shorter than me. I'd say he's about 5'5.

Question about "Bruise Grey." Is it a cover from another band? When and on what was it released?
  • I'm pretty sure it's not but I could be wrong. Man, I haven't listened to that song in ages.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 1 2008, 02:46 AM)
    Tim might be shorter than that. I'm 5'7 and he was shorter than me. I'd say he's about 5'5.

I say hes about 5'5. Looking at my picture im 5'1 and the top of my head is at his eyes so yeah I think you guessed right on 5'5.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 1 2008, 12:46 AM)
    Question about "Bruise Grey." Is it a cover from another band? When and on what was it released?

I'm 99.9% sure it's not a cover. It was on the Six Song Demo, and then released on the UK "Get Over It" single in...whenever "Get Over It" came out in the UK, haha.

Or so says my iTunes. I just spent a bunch of time trying to find the "all known ok go songs" thread without any luck...the search function doesn't like me, apparently.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 2 2008, 07:32 AM)
    I'm 99.9% sure it's not a cover. It was on the Six Song Demo, and then released on the UK "Get Over It" single in...whenever "Get Over It" came out in the UK, haha.

Or so says my iTunes. I just spent a bunch of time trying to find the "all known ok go songs" thread without any luck...the search function doesn't like me, apparently.

here's the 'all known ok go songs' thread - http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...pic=808&hl=

google is my friend....

anyway, according to my itunes library, and wikipedia you're right... i don't know when the six song demo was released, but get over it was released in the UK March 10, 2003 (according to wikipedia... don't know if it's right or not) ...and i looked around the internet and the only song called bruise grey that i could find was by ok go, so i'm reasonably sure that it is not a cover...

hope that helps... or whatever... smile.gif

after looking at that thread i realised there was a few songs i didn't ahve... so does anyone have any of these:
    Les Mis (cover of the musical)
    I Want You to Want Me (Cheap Trick cover)
    Baby's in Black (Beatles Cover)
    Pretty in Pink (Psychedelic Furs cover)

and does anyone have a version of prove my love that doesn't have talking at the beginning of it (korean...? ...i'm not entirely sure...)
  • QUOTE (smeja @ Jan 2 2008, 02:24 AM)
    after looking at that thread i realised there was a few songs i didn't ahve... so does anyone have any of these:
    Les Mis (cover of the musical)
    I Want You to Want Me (Cheap Trick cover)
    Baby's in Black (Beatles Cover)
    Pretty in Pink (Psychedelic Furs cover)

and does anyone have a version of prove my love that doesn't have talking at the beginning of it (korean...? ...i'm not entirely sure...)

Yay! Thanks for finding that thread.

I'm pretty sure recorded versions for those covers don't exist (or nobody here has them, anyway). The only exception might be Les Miz, because I know I've seen some vids of that on YouTube, and you could always rip the audio from one of those.

I have "Prove My Love" from the Feb. Koko show, but the audio quality is crap. I just have it because I was actually at that show.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 2 2008, 06:43 PM)
    Yay! Thanks for finding that thread.

I'm pretty sure recorded versions for those covers don't exist (or nobody here has them, anyway). The only exception might be Les Miz, because I know I've seen some vids of that on YouTube, and you could always rip the audio from one of those.

I have "Prove My Love" from the Feb. Koko show, but the audio quality is crap. I just have it because I was actually at that show.

yeah... i was pretty sure recordings didn't exist because i figured i would've seen them by now if they did... but thanks anyway smile.gif
  • Hola smile.gif Could anyone tell me where was this taken from?

Drummer, Dan Konopka has said to have experienced an "A.Ross Fantacy" whenever Andy's family attends an OK Go concert.
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Jan 9 2008, 06:40 PM)
    Hola smile.gif Could anyone tell me where was this taken from?

Drummer, Dan Konopka has said to have experienced an "A.Ross Fantacy" whenever Andy's family attends an OK Go concert.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Ross

(I love google...)
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jan 11 2008, 06:43 PM)

hahahahahaha laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I saw it on wikipedia, I'm asking for the original interview because I realize I have never read anywhere something which included that phrase. tongue.gif
  • maybe it's on one of those rare youtube videos... I have never read anything like this either and I'd guess it's somewhere in the depth of youtube.

Another question: In one of the latest thread someone (rachel??) said something about aim, and a chat group for boardies? Does that still exist and where can I find that? Are there any online boardie come-togethers? I'd love that because... just see how weird it gets when we write here, when hatting with all those spontaneous weird ideas of everybody coming together...whoa. I know one can have a chat with many people via msn....?
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jan 14 2008, 03:18 PM)
    maybe it's on one of those rare youtube videos... I have never read anything like this either and I'd guess it's somewhere in the depth of youtube.

Another question: In one of the latest thread someone (rachel??) said something about aim, and a chat group for boardies? Does that still exist and where can I find that? Are there any online boardie come-togethers? I'd love that because... just see how weird it gets when we write here, when hatting with all those spontaneous weird ideas of everybody coming together...whoa. I know one can have a chat with many people via msn....?

That's an interesting idea. We should all arrange an online boardie chat. We would need a thread to notify each other and to establish a time. Ah, well. Who knows. But mayo, in answer to your question, that original chat happened a few days ago during the Nola concert. Since we were all watching it on webcast, Rachel set up an AIM chat to go along with it.
  • oh, thank you. I read about that in that thread yes and I was just wondering because I really like the idea. I know there's a chat in the JC...
  • How do you get the boys to do a fan correspondent interview? I was thinking we should do an all-boardie question interview. Perhaps at the DC show? Since so many boardies are going anyway. happy.gif
  • I'm thinking you would need to contact J0rge about that, he set them up in the past...
    there hasn't been a fan correspondent interview in a while, that would actually be quite nice (aka absolutely amazing)
    I dunno if it would work out, but it'd be worth it to at least try
    and I've always wanted the boardies to get the chance to ask them questions... sort of like Dan's UFC interview, except with the others as well, and with video.... yep, that would be pretty much incredible.
  • I just emailed Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore. I figure the worst that can happen is they say no. smile.gif