In this Discussion

OK Go Fan Art

Comments

• Nahko, I LOVE THAT! And I miss the blog, I forget so much...
  • OMG! Nahko, you're such a good artist! You should be a manga-kun (that's what a manga illustrater is called isn't it?)
  • a-w-e-s-o-m-e, Nahko !
  • My OK Go partner in crime made me a paisley, OK Go treasure chest. I will have to take a picture and show it off here biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Jan 5 2008, 11:25 AM)
    My OK Go partner in crime made me a paisley, OK Go treasure chest. I will have to take a picture and show it off here biggrin.gif

haha already taken care of wink.gif

• And it's ALLLL mine smile.gif

Do I have the most amazing friend ever? Yes.
  • Ahhh!!! Katie, you are a such a legend!!! biggrin.gif
    Angie that's an awesome box. I have a similar one, but mine is only cardboard and doesn't have fancy hinges like yours!
  • GEH! That is a friggin amazing box.
  • it was fun to make!! it's an OK Go treasure chest... and i'm SO glad i found those 2 different paisley papers... i love the red
  • Katie you need to post instructions!
  • smile.gif

1. Buy a wooden box from Hobby Lobby/JoAnn's/Michael's (usually about $2-3)
    2. Find some bad friggen ass paisley paper (not as easy as it sounds)
    3. Buy instant decoupage ($5-6) and a paintbrush ($1)
    4. Collect various OK Go related things over several weeks (eBay is best)
    5. Cut out the pieces of paper to fit the measurements of the exterior of the box
    6. If you're super ambitious, cut out the logo... twice. Once for cutting the original out, then trace and cut it out again. Expect sore hands
    7. Decoupage the paper ONTO the box, and then decoupage the top to give it texture and a cool look. It dries almost instantly.
    8. Fill box with goodies.

VOILA!

edit: i already had the decoupage and paintbrush from previous activities
  • That box is beautiful and thanks for posting instructions! I know what my summer project is going to be.
  • Hmmm. If you put some wheels on that box, could it be a Teeny Mobile for the Teenys to travel in?

Great job Katie!!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 7 2008, 07:04 PM)
    smile.gif

1. Buy a wooden box from Hobby Lobby/JoAnn's/Michael's (usually about $2-3)
    2. Find some bad friggen ass paisley paper (not as easy as it sounds)
    3. Buy instant decoupage ($5-6) and a paintbrush ($1)
    4. Collect various OK Go related things over several weeks (eBay is best)
    5. Cut out the pieces of paper to fit the measurements of the exterior of the box
    6. If you're super ambitious, cut out the logo... twice. Once for cutting the original out, then trace and cut it out again. Expect sore hands
    7. Decoupage the paper ONTO the box, and then decoupage the top to give it texture and a cool look. It dries almost instantly.
    8. Fill box with goodies.

VOILA!

edit: i already had the decoupage and paintbrush from previous activities

OMG!! I did this exact same thing last summer! I keep all of my tickets and things in it!! Only thing is mine has a big picture on the top of the wooden box.

Hello!
    I write in this board for the first time.

I made cover case for ipod.
    http://pcfipn.web.fc2.com/

Because English is not proud, I write this site most in Japanese.
    Sorry, I'm not good at English.
    Thank you.
  • koma!! that's totally rad!!!! nice work!! smile.gif and welcome to the boards!!
  • I want one! My hot pink iSkin thing got real old, real fast...
  • That case is so awesome! I wish I had an ipod case like that...actually I should get me an ipod to put it in first...
  • that is pretty awesome... biggrin.gif

smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Jan 10 2008, 05:36 PM)
    That case is so awesome! I wish I had an ipod case like that...actually I should get me an ipod to put it in first...

Those were my thoughts exactly.