In this Discussion

OK Go Fan Art

Comments

• haha, just send me your size and what kind of shirt color you want and I'll make one for you.
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jan 18 2008, 07:05 PM)
    haha, just send me your size and what kind of shirt color you want and I'll make one for you.

Omg are you being serious!
  • um... sure. I mean, I won't have time for it until second week of Feb, as I'm writing some pretty tough exams soon and am already a bit scared (which is because everyone else started preparing for those two weeks ago and I just started yesterday...) But then: sure. ^^ I really like doing this and I want to practise...
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jan 19 2008, 08:17 PM)
    um... sure. I mean, I won't have time for it until second week of Feb, as I'm writing some pretty tough exams soon and am already a bit scared (which is because everyone else started preparing for those two weeks ago and I just started yesterday...) But then: sure. ^^ I really like doing this and I want to practise...

Alright just tell me when you have alot of Time on your hands and tell me how much the t-shirt and stuff will cost. Wow your freaking awesome lol.
  • Wow Mayonaise your t -shirt looks fantastic!! rolleyes.gif I love the design.
    Will you make an Andy one? tongue.gif
    It should be made an official OK Go merchandise!
    So how do you draw on these t-shirt? Do you just use a special tshirt pen? Do you do drafts first? It must be quite tricky drawing on a fabric..??
  • It's rather easy once you know how to do it.
    I use special paint for it, I usually buy it in special hobby stores and there are loads of different colours (I only have three, though... most of the time I only use black, I did use purple for electras bag though.) Then I make drafts and then there are different ways of putting it on shirts (or any other material), originally I made a pencil draft directly on the shirt, then I tried some folio, which wasn't working that well and the thing I used this time is a pen and folio, I sketch with that pencil-like pen onto the folio and then iron that on the shirt, that way I can be sure it's exactly the way I drafted it. (I'm not sure if I describe it here in an understandable way, if you have questions, ask again) From there it's pretty simple, just redraw the lines with the paint, I even managed to make some shadow this time and iron it left-side when it's dry, then wash it with hand so the yellowish stuff of the folio comes off and either redraw a few lines (and after that iron again, to fix) or just let it be. ...um... I usually use a very thin brush (size zero, the smallest one you can get here i think), it's easier to make the fine lines. It's also important (I think) to draw on dry clothes, so always wait, when you want to change something in the end... the paint can get mixed up with water and most of the time thin lines will become fat blobs of paint. (even though I sometimes use water to make the paint a bit thinner, so it's easier to draw details, the paint is not very detail friendly ^^) I really dunno how else I can explain all that. All in all it's ok to draw on fabric, with the special fabric pens (i used a few years ago) it's trickier...(but I think everyone feels different on that matter, I use brushes a lot when I feel creative, so maybe I'm used to it. But it's sure fun and worth the work)
    Maybe I will make an Andy shirt and will take photos for each step, so you can see what exactly I'm doing.

Oh, and I'd love it to be official OK Go merchandise, maybe someone could hint something like that when seeing the boys on feb 2nd... haha!

Most of the time I'm simply lacking ideas. Before I made the Tim one I always was like "I want to make a Tim- shirt...but how? what should be on there...??" so, maybe I'll miss my boring economy lectures (which I am going to abandon, sooo horrible!!)as I had the best ideas in there... (also the KOKO-shirt)

I love the fact that all of you love it, keeps me wanting to make more.

** edit: oh wow, I did write some words here... biggrin.gif sorry if I got carried away
  • I went back and forth on posting this, only because I looked through all the art here and it's all so amazing. The shirts, the crafts, the pictures, the everything! gah! incredible! I feel very humble.

nevertheless, I'll post my own picture anyway. this is the product of reading all the Teeny OK Go stories in one sitting + general sleepiness.

[attachment=452:runtyrustyapple.png]

it's Runty Rusty, that time he wanted the apple. although it doesn't really look like him. x.x and my scanner enjoys killing everything, so it's pretty poor quality. and I'm no good with colored pencils to begin with. ergh. enjoy?
  • apple!!! i love it!! it's very artsy... haha i'm sure, that's what you're going for wink.gif but for real, if you want to share your art with us, do it!! i wish i had this great gift you all have... i can only express myself through a picture, i just wish i could do it with my hands... love the runty rusty smile.gif
  • I think it's so cute!! (and thus I just put it as my desktop background) I LOVE his face ^^

and I absolutely agree: share your art!

and katie, I wish I could express myself through a picture, but I don't even have a real camera, haha.
  • haha mayo, wanna trade talents for a day?? i would give anything to be able to draw/paint like you!! i would make my very own andy shirt, haha wink.gif
  • believe me, it's not always that great, especially when you cannot read your notes you took in a lecture because you thought you should draw a gigantic fat dog all over it... sometimes I'm stupid :S
  • QUOTE (applelye @ Jan 20 2008, 11:46 AM)
    I went back and forth on posting this, only because I looked through all the art here and it's all so amazing. The shirts, the crafts, the pictures, the everything! gah! incredible! I feel very humble.

nevertheless, I'll post my own picture anyway. this is the product of reading all the Teeny OK Go stories in one sitting + general sleepiness.

[attachment=452:runtyrustyapple.png]

it's Runty Rusty, that time he wanted the apple. although it doesn't really look like him. x.x and my scanner enjoys killing everything, so it's pretty poor quality. and I'm no good with colored pencils to begin with. ergh. enjoy?

Woah, you read all the Teeny Ok Go stories in one sitting? Some of them are kinda long. I hope I didn't make your brain tired.
    And then afterwards, you still had the energy to draw? Amazing. Runty Rusty plus apple is so so cute!!! And the way it's colored is so pretty. If the Teenys were to be published, each page should be drawn by a different boardie. (Sort of like some illustrated lyrics of The Beatles books that are out there). But apple, you'd definitely be in it. That drawing is just darling! wub.gif

BTW, it's even cuter that a boardie called applelye drew it wink.gif
  • eheh, thanks for the positive responses. >.< it's nice to read.

yes, I did read all of them in one sitting. well, I might've gotten up to get a drink or something, but...yeah. I couldn't help it. they're genius! I couldn't tear myself away. and it didn't make my brain that tired, haha. I was really tired to begin with, anyway.

and then, when I was finished, I grabbed notebook paper and started doodling teeny OK Go members, and then I thought, "Rusty! Apple!" and got to work. I had to keep hiding it every time someone walked in the room...I think my mom would wonder what I was doing drawing that, hah. it was hard to keep it hidden, because I used my sliding glass door as a lightbox...

haha, that's a good idea. I mean, each member drawing a different page...and lol. I didn't even make the name connection. biggrin.gif
  • Applelye! That's so cute! Is he wearing the silver suit I think he's wearing? ^-^
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Jan 20 2008, 08:33 PM)
    Applelye! That's so cute! Is he wearing the silver suit I think he's wearing? ^-^

maaaaybe. >_>

actually, that's a coincidence. I dug through my colored pencils and decided that grey/silver would look best on him. I guess that's pretty lucky, haha.

I had glanced at reference pics online for the hair (not that it shows x__x) and he WAS wearing silver I think, so maybe that leaked into my subconscious while I was drawing. blink.gif
  • I don't know how strict the policy is on double posting, but I just now got the chance to post this so I thought I'd go ahead and possibly break a rule...

yes, I'm having too much fun with Teeny OK Go. laugh.gif but I can't help it! they're so darn cute! :3

anyways, I draw Dinky Dami yesterday, with the intention of drawing Tiny Tim with him. however, I kept messing up on Tim (that's why you shouldn't sketch with a pen!) and gave up. but this morning, I was siezed with the urge to finally draw Tim, and so I did.

[attachment=454:jealousdamitim.png]

lol...I kept laughing when I was drawing Tim. to explain, this is from that time the costume party was happening, and the Teenies made their own costumes...and Damian got jealous of Tim's impressive aritocratic costume. I got lazy on Damian...I started to do his fancy headdress, and thought about the rest of his clothes, and thought, "nah" so he's dressed plainly...btw, that's face paint on his face.

Tim has pink hair because it's supposed to be made out of cotton candy. hah, he looks really ridiculous. and his hands are in his robe's pockets, if it's hard to tell. hee. I gave him blue fuzzy slippers just because.

oh and their positions look kind of weird because I drew them on seperate pieces of paper originally.

and again, sorry for the bad quality. my scanner really hates scanning things...
  • AHHHH!!!! you are FABULOUS apple!!! ahhaa and i'm pretty sure there's no written rule about double posting wink.gif we're all guilty of it. and that is... seriously awesome. keep them coming! no joke!
  • Applelye, that really is an adorable picture. And don't worry (too much) about the double posting, we've all done it once or twice.
  • applelye I LOVE IT! haha, it's so funny!
  • ah! applelye! that is so damn fabulous! I keep laughing, and my roomate thinks I'm studying. I just love the expressions. Tiny Tim in his artistocratic glory and Dinky Damian in his makeshift Indian garb that he thought would out-do them all. It looks like Dinky Dami is literally ready to fall over in shock and awe, while Tiny Tim looks so pleased with himself laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif