In this Discussion

the "im getting paid and need new albums" thread

Comments

• Rather than study feminism, I wrote down a list of bands/artists I'm planning on searching out to find CDs and the like:

+/-
    Animal Collective (apparently someone (more than one?) person/people from AC graduated from my roomie's school. Weeeird.)
    Sufjan Stevens
    Explosions in the Sky
    Mates of State
    The Pinker Tones (I've been meaning to check them out for FOREVER, but can never find them)
    Irving's new album (title: "Death in the Garden, Blood on the Flowers." I HIGHLY recommend their "Good Morning Sunshine," as it's pretty fantastic)
    The new Nellie McKay album (title: "pretty little head." While you're at it, pick up her told album too, "Get Away from Me.")
    The Mountain Goats(I already have a bunch of their stuff and it's AMAZING. I recommend "We Shall Be Healed," but "Tallahassee" is equally well done.)
    RJD2 [i]("Ghostwriter" is the most addicitve song)
    Tapes n' Tapes
  • the rasmus's new cd is very very very very good
    and becks new cd is very worth the money.
    it comes with a dvd
  • cough(the libertines)cough

waterloo to anywhere- dirty pretty things. do it!
  • I had no idea where to put this. This thread seemed fitting.

I went to Central Lakeview (part of Northen Chicago) today and I went to this used recordstore and bought Elliott Smith's S/T album. That was pretty exciting.

Until I got off of the Redline at Grand and walked to the Virgin Megastore and . . . I died. Again. Apparently there was a hidden clearace rack thing I missed AND a singles/import section of the store. Here is what I bought.

-Fall Out Boy's Dance, Dance single (Hey, it's my sister's birthday in a week and a half, she loves them, it's part of her gift. Not for me!)
    -Franz Ferdinand's Do What You Want single
    -Razorlight's Somewhere Else single
    -Hot Hot Heat's Middle of Nowhere single
    -Babyshambles' Fuck Forever single

AND . . .

- OK Go's Here It Goes Again single.

All of those singles are imports! You all should have seen my face. I was pretty happy. and the total came out to be $20. EVEN BETTER.
  • dang... i want the somewhere else single... all i got is a stinkin bootleg
  • do NOT buy klaxons...
  • Amy Winehouse.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 6 2007, 03:55 PM)
    Amy Winehouse.

dont like her..
  • Then you, sir, have no soul.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Apr 6 2007, 02:38 AM)
    do NOT buy klaxons...
    Yeah, they're kinda... not nice sounding.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 6 2007, 04:12 PM)
    Then you, sir, have no soul.

I'm with Kay on this one

Amy Winehouse is brilliant.
    She sounds like a black soul diva, and she's really this insane jewish girl biggrin.gif
    Mwahaha
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 6 2007, 04:12 PM)
    Then you, sir, have no soul.

QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 6 2007, 04:16 PM)
    I'm with Kay on this one

She sounds like a black soul diva, and she's really this insane jewish girl biggrin.gif
    Mwahaha

her music just doesnt apeal to me i guess!

dont really like her to mcuh from what ive seen of her in interveiws
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 6 2007, 11:16 AM)
    I'm with Kay on this one

Mwahaha

Exactly, thank you Alice!! She's like a '60s girl group rolled into one drunken mess!
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Apr 5 2007, 11:38 PM)
    do NOT buy klaxons...

i like about three songs from them.. but don't worry i didn't buy it... i just.. obtained it smile.gif

QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 6 2007, 07:55 AM)
    Amy Winehouse.

i'm not sure if i like her.
    i don't really know what to think of her yet..

QUOTE (Electra @ Apr 6 2007, 08:16 AM)
    Mwahaha

but i think thats about accurate yeah.

has anyone listened to joss stones' latest album? i liked her previous one, but i havent listened to this yet.. and why did she die her hair so dark?? it looks fanky.
  • Because she thinks she's cool and has actual cred in the business now. Wrooonnng.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 6 2007, 04:57 PM)
    Exactly, thank you Alice!! She's like a '60s girl group rolled into one drunken mess!

and you don't get any better than that wonderfully surreal description biggrin.gif

Joss Stone should be shot.
    She annoys me intensely :S
  • as long as youre not buying klaxons...
  • JohnMayerJohnMayerJohnMayer.

..ahem.
  • omg please don't talk to me about john mayer.
    i'm VERY UPSET.
    freakin hes going on tour again, i have access to the presale to the LA show.. and fucking is the saturday before spring quarter finals!!!
    argh!! asldkfjdkalsdj

this is the third time i've missed him on tour sad.gif
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Apr 9 2007, 05:42 PM)
    omg please don't talk to me about john mayer.
    i'm VERY UPSET.
    freakin hes going on tour again, i have access to the presale to the LA show.. and fucking is the saturday before spring quarter finals!!!
    argh!! asldkfjdkalsdj

this is the third time i've missed him on tour sad.gif

aw, sorry about that...
    i missed him the last time he came to the UK - which doesnt as such happen often.

i got a phonecall from my friend, and i ignored the call 'cause i had people round. i spoke to her a couple days later, and she said "why didnt you pick up, i was calling to tell you that john mayer is coming to london and to see if you wanted a ticket?!"

needless to say, they were all sold out by the time i got to trying to find one. grr.