In this Discussion

Conversation about movies

Comments

• Hey, I judge no one. When I was younger, Men in Black scared the crap out of me, and that movie wasn't even "so good and scary" but "hey, crappy exploding alien freaks me out."

Oddly though, both starred Tommy Lee Jones. Maybe we're just scared of him?
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Feb 16 2008, 01:02 PM)
    Hey, I judge no one. When I was younger, Men in Black scared the crap out of me, and that movie wasn't even "so good and scary" but "hey, crappy exploding alien freaks me out."

Oddly though, both starred Tommy Lee Jones. Maybe we're just scared of him?

Or just scared of people with three names.
  • But I love Norbert Leo Butz. O THE CONFUSION!
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Feb 16 2008, 01:41 AM)
    ALSO!
    Is anyone else completely excited for Be Kind Rewind? I mean, the movie looks good already, but Michel Gondry redid his own trailer in the same DIY feel of the movies redone in... the movie.
    Yeah,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFN27E34BKg

GO GO GO GO.

yes!!! the fam and I are going to see this movies shortly it comes out! will be fun times! Jack Black is the shizz.

HAHAHAHHA! Michel Gondry is too rad! lol I laughed too hard at that.
  • it's the heavy French accent that makes the whole thing A+
  • Hey there. I'm Amanda from Canada. Haven't been on the board lately. Thought I would start up again. Here are a few of my picks.

1. Cloverfield
    2. Gone Baby Gone
    3. Celebrity Rehab (not a movie but if you haven't yet, check it out)

blink.gif
  • I saw Be Kind Rewind last night, and I can understand why people might not be all for it, but I honestly thought it was pretty fucking awesome, if for nothing else than the fact that Michel Gondry puts things together in this incredible magical way. The sets, the aesthetics, are all fantastic.

His effects are so dream-like, it makes you wonder if, when he dreams, if he dreams about normal things like sitting around and reading the newspaper or going to buy milk.

From the Science of Sleep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q32ac5wyWPk...feature=related
  • ekk! i think me and the sis' are going to see that this weekend! we BETTER Mel! i havent been to the movies in atleast a year sad.gif.
  • Go Go Go! It's worth it.

P.S.
    How awesome was it that Marion Cotillard won Best Actress at the Oscars? Answer: so awesome. "La Vie En Rose" was super depressing, but she was absolutely amazing as Edith Piaf.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzEJ7NV_g98
  • I want to see "Definitely, Maybe"... but aside from needing to fulfill my thirst for cheesy romantic comedies, I REALLLLLYYYYYYY want to see "The Other Boelyn Girl"...
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 28 2008, 03:05 AM)
    I REALLLLLYYYYYYY want to see "The Other Boelyn Girl"...

yeah, me too!!

and penelope wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
  • Also: "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly." I think I'm going to go see it tonight; it looks great and all, but really I just like saying the director's name. SCHNAAAABEL.
  • Update: Holy shit is "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" good.

Dear Julian Schnabel,
    I'm sorry for ever making fun of your name. You can direct a pretty awesome movie, a kind of movie that makes me want to direct movies. A kind of movie that makes me cry, my mouth unfortunately full of the movie theater's locally-made "Magic Movie Bar." So good and sad and funny.
    Sincerely,
    Me
  • sooo, has anyone here seen "The Other Boelyn Girl"? I heard it was totally odd, and not what you'd think it was...

any more opinions?
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 3 2008, 12:41 AM)
    sooo, has anyone here seen "The Other Boelyn Girl"? I heard it was totally odd, and not what you'd think it was...

any more opinions?

I saw it. Eh.
  • oh man... that diving bell and the butterfly movie looks so sad... wow
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 3 2008, 05:41 AM)
    sooo, has anyone here seen "The Other Boelyn Girl"? I heard it was totally odd, and not what you'd think it was...

any more opinions?

Lots of Scarlett Johansson's heaving breasts.

QUOTE (Felster @ Mar 3 2008, 02:09 PM)
    oh man... that diving bell and the butterfly movie looks so sad... wow

BUT SO GOOD
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 3 2008, 12:41 AM)
    sooo, has anyone here seen "The Other Boleyn Girl"? I heard it was totally odd, and not what you'd think it was...

I haven't seen it yet, but I heard Jim Sturgess was in it wub.gif
    seriously, as lame as it is, that's really the only reason I'm considering watching it at all.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 4 2008, 01:15 AM)
    I haven't seen it yet, but I heard Jim Sturgess was in it wub.gif
    seriously, as lame as it is, that's really the only reason I'm considering watching it at all.

hahahaha, yes!!
    that's the only reason i saw it (he was so adorable, btw!!! wub.gif wub.gif). i thought it was good. i know most didn't like it though.
  • Ooh
    On the topic of Jim Sturgess
    Has anyone here seen Across the Universe?

I thought it was amazing!