In this Discussion

Conversation about movies

Comments

• QUOTE (tonetoile @ Mar 3 2008, 03:10 PM)
    Lots of Scarlett Johansson's heaving breasts.

LoL good grief.... dry.gif
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Mar 3 2008, 08:10 PM)
    Lots of Scarlett Johansson's heaving breasts.

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 6 2008, 04:38 PM)
    LoL good grief.... dry.gif

this sounds good moive..
  • QUOTE ({Musically-Addicted} @ Mar 5 2008, 02:04 PM)
    Ooh
    On the topic of Jim Sturgess
    Has anyone here seen Across the Universe?

I thought it was amazing!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
    I've only been obsessing over it for, you know, the past three weeks.
    and he's already been posted in the Beautiful People Thread.
    and yeah
    pretty much
    wub.gif

And I'm thinking The Other Boleyn Girl prolly won't be worth the theater, as much as I'd love to see Jim Sturgess on a huge screen.... I suppose that'll have to wait until 21 comes out biggrin.gif

Actually, 21 had it's Boston premiere a coupla nights ago wub.gif
    I can't wait for it to come out.
  • I just saw Horton Hears A Who... SO cute smile.gif I was laughing throughout most of it... plus... hearing Seth Rogan's voice come out of a tiny little blue mouse was hilarious.

Highly recommended
  • I would like to be this ice cream cone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGBmE_QPdxw

Mmmmm.
  • anyone see funny games yet?
    it looks so good.
    the best horror movies are always the ones with less blood and gore.
    the psycological type.
    like the cell.
    anyone see that one too?
    now thats a great horror.
  • they usually show the cell at 2am saturday night/sunday morning, so sadly i always miss it. but i agree, many of the horror movies of today just give it all up like a sleazy daytime hooker, it doesnt entice, while revealing itself slowly, like a classy stripper, im not sure any of that makes sense.
  • haha it makes plent of sense to me. but i do agree. saw is a great example. they just try to shock you and make u go ew instead of trying to scare and mentally scare you for life. Thoes are the good ones. Cigarette burns is a good example. it was part of that horror minifilm set thing. old school horror movies are pretty good in the sense that they are horrible but the ones who put time and effort into it are the best.
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ Apr 15 2008, 10:03 PM)
    many of the horror movies of today just give it all up like a sleazy daytime hooker, it doesnt entice, while revealing itself slowly, like a classy stripper, im not sure any of that makes sense.

This is the best metaphor I have ever heard. It has not only made my happy list but shall be my first ever fav quote on facebook tongue.gif
  • i wish hollywood wasnt as huge as it is, id rather have well thought out dialogue and a story then flasy transforming cars anyday! its not like im against stunts and whatnot, but i think having money has made hollywood lazy.
  • Funny Games does look intriguing, but I don't know if I agree with the whole "this is a commentary on our culture's obsession with shock so I'm going to show you by being ULTRA shocking" thing.
  • i totally agree with you sweetness.
    theres too much shock in movies that it takes away from the thrill and the scare
  • I think that no one would be excited about this but me BUT THAT'S OK I will represent my pal Phil

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/...hilipin12parts/

I had a conversation where there was talk about how all the artists get the hot younger ladies. And it's true.

Also, this has Chuck Close telling my favorite knock knock joke at the end and, really, I can't ask for much more.

Knock knock
    who's there?
    knock knock
    who's there?
    knock knock
    who's there?
    knock knock
    who's there?
    knock knock
    who's there?
    knock knock
    who's there?
    Philip Glass

• jorai ;shtg4hjeg;hseghae;righweg4[apwejfoioewbrgew'akr'gpojtsptmghbve4j

I just got home from seeing Iron Man.

dh;giarehg;qg;pnbopqurbgqiwjg';wknhey'prew'bhpqar4'twj

You will see it. Trust me. You need to see it. If you like comic book movies at all YOU NEED TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!

And stay until after the credits are over.
  • im watching it saturday night!!! excited!!!!!

ive read good things
  • I might possibly go and see it tonight, if my friends feel like it. I heard it was really good from multiple people
  • watched iron man. it was good. BUT

BUT.

giant BUT here.

watched after the credits all was well EXCEPT!!!!

this is nick fury. have you met before?

this is ultimate nick fury, and samuel l jackson

dont get me wrong i love samuel l. BUT come on, i wanted my nick fury original recipe. thats all.
  • Yeah, Adam said it was more like Ultimate Nick Fury than Original.

I don't know, I prefer Samuel L. Jackson over EVERYONE.
  • he just looks too much like a pirate drug peddler in his leather trench coat and eyepatch
  • I felt jipped because he didn't say "mother fucker" once.

Iron Man was teh awesome. Robert Downey Jr. fucking owned.

The trailers before hand though, The Incredible Hulk starring Edward Norton, WTFBBQ? Didn't they just have a Hulk movie out not too long ago?

However, the Indy trailer looked pretty fantastic.