In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• I love when Lurkers become real Boardies.  Are you on Twitter too, Laeticia?  Because I feel like I saw a bunch of tweets from someone with a similar name recently.

• Welcome, Laeticia!  Amber is right; you'll fit in just fine here, and we're happy to have you.  :)
  • Velcomin a da forumin, Laeticia! (<--I made up my own psycho language for the occasion) ;)
  • Tempe Arizona said:Velcomin a da forumin, Laeticia! (<--I made up my own psycho language for the occasion) ;)

In your head, you said this in the voice of that German soldier from old Laugh In show clips, didn't you? Wink Veerry Interesting.

• ChristelAdina said:
    Tempe Arizona said:Velcomin a da forumin, Laeticia! (<--I made up my own psycho language for the occasion) ;)

In your head, you said this in the voice of that German soldier from old Laugh In show clips, didn't you? Wink Veerry Interesting.

Indeed, although Craig Ferguson reading a tweet in a German accent is what went on in my head. Craig Ferguson doing Andy Rooney is also a common voice in my head. Wink

• Tempe Arizona said:
    ChristelAdina said:
    Tempe Arizona said:Velcomin a da forumin, Laeticia! (<–I made up my own psycho language for the occasion) ;)

Craig Ferguson doing Andy Rooney is also a common voice in my head. Wink

… I had a comeback for that, but then I was hit with the mental picture to accompany the audio, and now it's gone and I can't stop giggling.  Laugh

Edited to get back on topic: YKYOW upon returning to your apartment, you immediately log in to the board/FB/Tumblr to see what you may have missed while you were gone. You're really obsessed when you've only been downstairs in the next buidling doing laundry!

• Hi Laeticia! I'm so glad you decided to de-lurk! You'll do well here, just like Amber said, and of course you're welcome here always. Smile

I was gonna say something a bit more on-topic, but...I've had a wee bit too much alcohol for that. Heh.

• Does anyone else remember when an interviewer asked Tim at the VMA's (I think?) how do you bring sexy back? His reply was, "I hold on the the receipt." (Sorry for the very bad paraphrasing)

Well, this Maxine cartoon is from this year.

YKYOW you assume a Maxine cartoon was inspired by Ok Go.

• YKYOW your boy gets you a bracelet with charms that match the boys current tour color scheme for Christmas.
  • You know you are obsessed when you get an OK Go t-shirt for Christmas from your sister's fiance.

And when you see this on LFMF, and had to post it here.

"Ok Go can do the treadmill dance like nobodies business. You can't, so don't try."

So yeah, have a Merry Christmas, and don't try. :)

• YKYOW you're kind of super bummed that you didn't get anything OK Go-related for Christmas. But then when you point out a shirt you might buy for yourself, your mom strongly suggests you wait until after you get gifts from the rest of the family. When she refuses to comment on the question "Why? Did somebody get it for me?", your mood improves greatly. Can't wait for Wednesday now!

(Fun fact: I want that specific shirt because it's green and yellow so it's almost both an OK Go shirt AND a Ducks shirt!)

• KristaMichelle said:

(Fun fact: I want that specific shirt because it's green and yellow so it's almost both an OK Go shirt AND a Ducks shirt!)

Yes. This is a good indication of obsession. It's also awesomesocks! Wink

• Okay, tried to quote laeticia twice now, and it will probably pop up in some form or fashion in diabolical chain linked quote boxes that stretch on into infinity, defying nature and aesthetics (you should see what I did to another thread re: quote boxes) ...

AHEM.

Long crazy weekend, sorrys.

HI laeticia!!! It is I, Violetchaos/Amber! Unless there really is another one running amok around here - except she wouldn't be both VioletChaos AND Amber (and who would be insane enough) ... told you it was a long weekend.

NOW PUT UP SOME of those awesome captioned pics! These ain't no free ride, I expect CONTENT provided, girlfriend!

Just kidding. I'm seriously punchy.

WELCOME!!   >one of us, one of us, one of us<

YKYOW--- (and that you are loved by your husband)

When you have to drive 6+ hours from point A to point B in a weekend (this crazy weekend, BTW) and your husband can't drive any of that (loooong story) -- to keep you awake, he asks you question after question after question about OK Go, life on the boards, minute detail about the videos, what you like about their music...

------AND the first question he asks, is "Okay, so, according to the general consensus of the board - who's got the best butt?"

I think this ended up to be a You Know You're Loved instead of Obsessed. But it's ALL about OK Go.

BTW - I just said that it depended on what "team" the individual boardie was on. Laugh And I laughed my... gotta say it... butt off.

• violetchaos364 said:

BTW - I just said that it depended on what "team" the individual boardie was on. Laugh And I laughed my... gotta say it... butt off.

You know, Amber, it's posts like this that remind me why I like you. And closing remarks like this are why I LOVE you! Laugh

• violetchaos364 said:

HI laeticia!!! It is I, Violetchaos/Amber! Unless there really is another one running amok around here - except she wouldn't be both VioletChaos AND Amber (and who would be insane enough) ... told you it was a long weekend.

NOW PUT UP SOME of those awesome captioned pics! These ain't no free ride, I expect CONTENT provided, girlfriend!

Just kidding. I'm seriously punchy.

WELCOME!!   >one of us, one of us, one of us<

HAHAHA HEY YOU! oh my god, I feel both blessed and doomed - no more free time in life now, ever. HAHAHA

Okay, shall I post the ones I already posted on tumblr here? not on this thread I believe, so, help a sister out! hahaha. CAPTIONING OK GO IS A PART OF MY LIFE, so, yeah, be glad to post those here hahaha

OH MY GOD

I NEVER FELT SO WELCOMED MY ENTIRE LIFE. hahaha thanks y'all 

but then again, what to expect from ok go fans: awesomeness.

ok trying to answer one at a time:

1) totalgeek42: HEY YOU, the first to welcome me officially here, but over tumblr, haha thanks!

2) Rachel: Yes, i'm on twitter too, there i'm @lalaetizia. and yes I tend to tweet them a little too much, on random mode. My name is actually Leticia, my username here is a mixture of my actual name (portuguese) with my name in latin (laetitia, which means "happiness"). and on twitter I decided I wanted to go DIFFERENT, because I'M JUST THAT WEIRD. :) - cannot believe THE RACHEL SPOKE TO ME, you are a legend, girl. hahahaha

3)TipoDeemin: haha, thanks! i'm afraid i'll spent the few hours I have away from college and work here in the future... until I just fall asleep with my head on the keyboard.

4)Tempe Arizona: haha thanks! that was creative HAHAHA

5) KristaMichelle: Hey, thanks!! :)

• Ykyow you find two people from tumblr on the message board and do a happy dance :D

Hey Laeticia and Totalgeek42 i'm japancheese from tumblr!

Hope I'm welcome on the message boards since all i do is read stuff instead of posting since i'm really lazy haha

• You're still welcome, Japancheese.  :)  Welcome aboard!
  • Reina Suio said:

Ykyow you find two people from tumblr on the message board and do a happy dance :D

Hey Laeticia and Totalgeek42 i'm japancheese from tumblr!

Hope I'm welcome on the message boards since all i do is read stuff instead of posting since i'm really lazy haha

japancheese! Hi! How ya doin! Great ta see you here!

>world OK Go boardie domination going well, I see... heh heh heh< Wink

Laeticia, the caption thread is:

http://www.okgo.net/community/message-board/ok-go/i-can-has-ok-go/page-4/

And you are right, no more free time ever. And blessed / doomed sounds about right!

Rachel is a bit legen - wait for it - dary Wink .  Go buy her EP! (No, I'm not pushy at all.)

(I don't even watch HIMYM but I know that bit!)

YKYOW -

You are distressed because you feel you need to avoid OK Go boardies a bit on FB because so many of them are Doctor Who fans and you haven't seen the Christmas special yet!

WHICH, by the way, I've seen now, so I'm all good.

(Someone write a fan fiction of OK Go going traveling with the Doctor? It'll be like musicans appearing on Scooby Doo! - seriously not recovered from the aforementioned weekend. Crap, I think I have to write one.)

(love you too, Christel!)

• Ohheytharr.  :)

YKYOW

You got a response from Timothy Nordwind on a website that you use for nothing other than getting a response like that.. and it's pretty much the greatest moment of your life.

• LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.  "THE Rachel"?  Oy vey.  You guys are funny. :-D  I'd say less "legendary" and more "pretty damn creepy and probably needs a life of her own."  But thank you for the plug, Amber, I definitely appreciate it. 

YKYOW - the other fans start referring to you as legendary. 

(Skylar, what did Tim say to you?)