In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• (Skylar, what did Tim say to you?)

He told me where he bought these shoes he's wearing in a picture of his and Damian's feet. 

*Needs new shoes*

xD

• first time I actually connected like, you in the boards and you from fan pictures, was in that 50 minutes long Damian "conference" about videos and "where do you get money to do all this shit" thing... and then damian goes like "hi rachel". and then you appear and i'm like "oh my god, that's the girl from EVERYWHERE. hahahaha

:) 

but i'm curious now: how many OK Go concerts did you actually went to, if not 450 then? hahaha

• Woah wait, where's this conference?  I wanna watch it..
  • DISCLAIMER FIRST!  I went to this conference last year when Damian wasn't there too.  The FMC is a brilliant organization that works to give independent musicians the resources they need to make a living.  I owe all my success to information that I picked up at these two conferences, and I would've been there this year whether or not Damian was going to be there.  But, being the gigantic fan that I am, this was an added bonus of course.

As to Damian's joke about the 450 shows it is nowhere near that many.  I've been a fan for years now and Capitol Records paid for me to attend more than half of those shows in a street team capacity.  Someone once joked that Capitol was nicer to me than they were to the band. 

And finally, the camera adds 10 pounds.

http://vimeo.com/15812350

• Reina Suio said:

Ykyow you find two people from tumblr on the message board and do a happy dance :D

Hey Laeticia and Totalgeek42 i'm japancheese from tumblr!

Hope I'm welcome on the message boards since all i do is read stuff instead of posting since i'm really lazy haha

Well, that makes three, because I'm neondarling! Do I get a happy dance too?

(I love my handle because people who aren't in the know think it's interesting and clever but it's really just a thinly veiled homage to our favorite guitar/keyboard/multi-instrumentalist extraordinaire)

Hi, japancheese, a belated welcome to you! I'm not even going to try to top Amber's welcome. I doubt it's even humanly possible. Anyway, I'm going to follow you now, because now you're not some anon who randomly followed me out of the blue. Plus I want to see those captioned pictures.

Anyway, YKYOW:

You're watching Leverage where the bad guy's name is Damien Moreau, and you can't help but think that they spelled it wrong. Also that no one else in the world should be named Damia/en because it's just too weird to think about.

In the same vein, YKYOW when you're looking up free ebooks and one of the summaries catches your eye as you're scrolling through because it says "Damien Stone never paid attention to Michelle until he caught her scent" and when you see it's a werewolf love story, you think "DEAR GOD THAT IS JUST WRONG" and sort of clench your stomach because the name Damian/en should be only used for good, not crappy love stories. (Also, it apparently causes me to write incredibly long runon sentences. Not good.)

• Aleatory said:
    Reina Suio said:

Ykyow you find two people from tumblr on the message board and do a happy dance :D

Hey Laeticia and Totalgeek42 i'm japancheese from tumblr!

Hope I'm welcome on the message boards since all i do is read stuff instead of posting since i'm really lazy haha

Well, that makes three, because I'm neondarling! Do I get a happy dance too?

(I love my handle because people who aren't in the know think it's interesting and clever but it's really just a thinly veiled homage to our favorite guitar/keyboard/multi-instrumentalist extraordinaire)

Hi, japancheese, a belated welcome to you! I'm not even going to try to top Amber's welcome. I doubt it's even humanly possible. Anyway, I'm going to follow you now, because now you're not some anon who randomly followed me out of the blue. Plus I want to see those captioned pictures.

Anyway, YKYOW:

You're watching Leverage where the bad guy's name is Damien Moreau, and you can't help but think that they spelled it wrong. Also that no one else in the world should be named Damia/en because it's just too weird to think about.

In the same vein, YKYOW when you're looking up free ebooks and one of the summaries catches your eye as you're scrolling through because it says "Damien Stone never paid attention to Michelle until he caught her scent" and when you see it's a werewolf love story, you think "DEAR GOD THAT IS JUST WRONG" and sort of clench your stomach because the name Damian/en should be only used for good, not crappy love stories. (Also, it apparently causes me to write incredibly long runon sentences. Not good.)

haha thanks for following!

• YKYOW

You just spent two hours on the boards, and the laundry dinged, and you're like, huh? I just put that in!

• YKYOW your home internet isn't working, and the only reason it's upsetting you is because you NEED to check tumblr and the boards. If I couldn't get online (admittedly difficultly) on my phone, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO.

Also, I'm loving the board/tumblr crossover here! I'm okkristago in case people didn't know. :D

• YKYOW your home internet isn't working, and the only reason it's upsetting you is because you NEED to check tumblr and the boards. If I couldn't get online (admittedly difficultly) on my phone, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO.

Also, I'm loving the board/tumblr crossover here! I'm okkristago in case people didn't know. :D

• KristaMichelle said:

YKYOW your home internet isn't working, and the only reason it's upsetting you is because you NEED to check tumblr and the boards. If I couldn't get online (admittedly difficultly) on my phone, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO.

I'm going to follow you haha I'm japancheese. Oh and is it true that your going to be in the OK Go thankyou vid with lapetitjoie? since I'm in it to :)

• YKYOW when the second website you open once you get to work 1st thing in the morning is 'okgo.net'

OH AND LEMME JUST EDIT to say this: (sorry if it is known by you all, but anywayz, it was a surprise to me)

last night after 6 hours of being here I decided to watch a movie, so I picked Juno, the dvd I borrowed from my friend. I got bored after it ended and decided to watch the extras. There's this extra called something like "Animated presentation of the crew".

and there it goes: DO WHAT YOU WANT starts. the crew of Juno rocked out to the entire song. the ENTIRE CREW.

I was like

during the movie everytime Ellen Page showed up talking about music I thought to myself "I wonder if Ellen likes OK Go…", just like, random OK Go thinking. and then I put there and 

oh my god I freaked out of happiness

• KristaMichelle said:

YKYOW your home internet isn't working, and the only reason it's upsetting you is because you NEED to check tumblr and the boards. If I couldn't get online (admittedly difficultly) on my phone, I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'D DO.

Based on the sheer number of posts you just made, I would suggest that you don't post from your phone...LOL

Ohay, thanks for following me! I think I followed you, not sure though, because all of the OK Go-related content on all the various tumblrs kind of blends together like a bowl of alphabet soup where all the letters are O, K, and G.

(Okay, that was a really great analogy. Just sayin'.)

• KristaMichelle said:

KRISTAAAAAAAAAAAAA IS YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU <3 i'm lapetitjoie!

If you don't know it yet, here it is: this girl is awesome.

• Aleatory said:
    KristaMichelle said:

Based on the sheer number of posts you just made, I would suggest that you don't post from your phone...LOL

Ohay, thanks for following me! I think I followed you, not sure though, because all of the OK Go-related content on all the various tumblrs kind of blends together like a bowl of alphabet soup where all the letters are O, K, and G.

(Okay, that was a really great analogy. Just sayin'.)

Yep, my phone decided triple posting was a good idea. And I was gonna edit and call my phone STUPID in both extra posts, but my phone was like NOYOUWILLNOT. So...yeah. :P I'm pretty sure you followed me...

Also yes, I like the analogy!

No Laeticia, you are awesome! Laugh

YKYOW you are somewhat bummed because you can't think of something to write in the YKYOW thread...

• YKYOW  you have food poisoning and you're like "oooh, I have food poisoning, just like Damian!"

geez, that's not even obsessed, that's c-raazy. 

and it never looks as sexy as damian, never. 

• laeticia said:

YKYOW  you have food poisoning and you're like "oooh, I have food poisoning, just like Damian!"

geez, that's not even obsessed, that's c-raazy. 

and it never looks as sexy as damian, never. 

Oh jeez, I wish there was a "Love love love" button.

• YKYOW you have three firefox windows open (I know, I know, chrome is better.. hush):

1 for facebook, tumblr, random assorted stuff

1 for youtube

1 for all OK Go related stuff, articles you need to read, videos you need to watch, podcasts you need to listen to, the message boards (one tab for what's currently hapening, one for the earlier articles thread which you're going through slowly), and the wall street journal article that you don't have the heart to close yet, and Tim's twitter (occasionally switched to the bands to see if they post anything new)

Also, YKYOW it takes you a week to realize that this is something worthy of putting in the YKYOW thread.. and for that week, you were desperately trying to think of something worthy to put in the thread.

xP

• Totalgeek42 said:

YKYOW you have three firefox windows open (I know, I know, chrome is better.. hush):

This. ^^^

Yay, Chrome!

:D

YKYOW you check your email and realize that it's been a while since you've checked it because there's 230 OK Go related messages/google alerts in your inbox.

YKYOW when you realize that that's all you use your email for anymore.

Also, YKYOW you see a strange correlation between OK Go fandom and Dr. Who fandom...
  • Also, YKYOW you see a strange correlation between OK Go fandom and Dr. Who fandom...

Rightt?  It's like they're both for quirky, generally intelligent (or at least have their own opinions and know how to explain them) people.  And theres a considerable cross-over.

Which is good.  Cuz they're my two favorite things.  xD