In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• Aleatory said:

Also, @Amber: It's not the picking hand, generally. Usually (at least for me) it's when the blisters burst on my fretting fingers; playing bass is even worse, although going from guitar to bass after a particularly brutal session is torture. Skinny strings to big fat ones that you have to press when you feel like your fingers are going to fall off... And even when you play with a pick, sometimes you catch a stray cuticle on a string and you rip it off and that's what bleeds (that's how it was in the case of my sig.) Not being condescending or whatever here, just wanted to impart some knowledge of the magical world of guitar-related injuries...

She was quoting me, sorry.  When I played my show the other night I webcasted it, and upon noticing that my hand was bleeding, I said "Time to start playing with a pick like a grown-up!"  I do not play with a pick, because I'm not good at it and it doesn't sound good when I do (can you tell that I'm self-taught?).  However, I was really wailing on Saturday night and I shredded up the skin on my right hand's middle finger pretty well from strumming. 

• YKYOW: Your best friend mentions OK Go in your art appreciation class, mostly because every chance you get you tell her that OK Go is indeed art.

Also, YKYOW: Other friends start to quote OK Go. I'm glad they've finally come to their senses.Laugh

• - You know you're obsessed when your friend(who isn't obsessed- with the whole band) have come to do a thing where she says to me "OK" and I shout back "GO!"

- When you watch New Moon( a very bad movie) JUST so you could find out where Shooting the Moon is.

• daisychains said:

- When you watch New Moon( a very bad movie) JUST so you could find out where Shooting the Moon is.

I'm starting to think about doing that too, hahaha! 

YKYOW when after finding out that the cast of Juno rocks out to OK Go you just freaking buy the dvd already.

• You should!

You know you're obsessed when the Damien(Demien, Demian, I don't know. It's not Damian, I know that.)your sister is babysitting at your house is getting mixed up with DAMIAN Damian, so you resolve to call him Dinky Demian, because you can. And it's easier to tell them apart that way(besides the looks. I don't think Damian looks like a baby).

• daisychains said:

You should!

You know you're obsessed when the Damien(Demien, Demian, I don't know. It's not Damian, I know that.)your sister is babysitting at your house is getting mixed up with DAMIAN Damian, so you resolve to call him Dinky Demian, because you can. And it's easier to tell them apart that way(besides the looks. I don't think Damian looks like a baby).

Lol, that is too cute! Reminds me of the time I had a little kid write to me, "Dear Dentist, thank you for the filling, Damien"

• daisychains said:

You should!

IT'S WEEEIRD reading this now because just yesterday, I made my sister watch with me a few OK Go videos (SHE LIKED THEM YAY THAT MEANS SHE'LL SUPPORT WHEN I'M OUTTA MONEY IF THEY COME ANYWHERE NEAR HAHA). I showed the Barcelona Cultura videos, and the EMI/Germany video and them doing Les Mis. And Damian talking about his balls. She laughed so hard, but then I made a comment 'why is he so normal but so handsome?' and she said 'because he looks like a baby' and I was like 'NO HE DOES NOT', and she was like 'yes he does, his face looks just like a baby's!

• YKYOW you see random videos of 'WTD' and just expect to hear Becky screaming 'now nobody knows!', and if you don't hear that you get kinda disappointed :-(

• laeticia said:

YKYOW you see random videos of 'WTD' and just expect to hear Becky screaming 'now nobody knows!', and if you don't hear that you get kinda disappointed :-(

Wow, I've never been the subject of a YKYOW post. I feel special now :)

• beckysioux said:
    laeticia said:

YKYOW you see random videos of 'WTD' and just expect to hear Becky screaming 'now nobody knows!', and if you don't hear that you get kinda disappointed :-(

My husband even says "underwater" at the appropriate moment in the appropriate song.

So, YKYOW when your husband is sucked in... at least a bit!

• violetchaos364 said:
    beckysioux said:
    laeticia said:

My husband even says "underwater" at the appropriate moment in the appropriate song.

So, YKYOW when your husband is sucked in... at least a bit!

I always think 'underwater' now, cuz of you guys. hahaha

And Becky, you ARE special, I mean geez - once I was googling 'ok go'  and there was a picture of you hahahaha!

• laeticia said:

I always think 'underwater' now, cuz of you guys. hahaha

And Becky, you ARE special, I mean geez - once I was googling 'ok go'  and there was a picture of you hahahaha!

See Ms. Becky? 

But I beg to differ.  Adam's Underwater was last week, and therefore first, and therefore you were the subject of a post last week.  You were just the unnamed subject of a YKYOW post.

• laeticia said: I always think 'underwater' now, cuz of you guys. hahaha

And Becky, you ARE special, I mean geez – once I was googling 'ok go'  and there was a picture of you hahahaha!

No. Way. That's awesome! Now I kinda wanna google "OK Go" and see if I can see myself.

DJRose said:

See Ms. Becky?

But I beg to differ.  Adam's Underwater was last week, and therefore first, and therefore you were the subject of a post last week.  You were just the unnamed subject of a YKYOW post.

Ah, but you're the one that taught him "Underwater!". So, it didn't compute in my head that it was indirectly also about me.

Still, I'm so happy that "Underwater!" has taken a life of its own. Now if only it would happen at every show and the entire audience yelled it out. That would be phantasmagorical.

• I don't remember particularly what I was googling about 'ok go fan' or just 'ok go' or 'ok go somethingsomething'

but if I do find it again, I'll tell ya. and I remember it was this picture you have here though... 

• - You know you're obsessed when you see a tea bottle half turned, and the only word you see is 'Leaf' so you immediately think of Last Leaf. But alas, it said Sweet Leaf.

- When you sneeze, you think of Damian.

- When today has been an OK Go filled day.

- When you have a fund for concert tickets. Right now, there's about three and a half dollars in there.

• I feel really stupid now, but I don't know about the underwater thing.  D:

ALSO!

YKYOW:

Instead of studying for the midterms that start in two days, you spend all day trying to get you rwhite knuckles video JUST.  RIGHT.  But I got it, so issal goooooddd.  :D

Annnddd when you sign onto the boards enough to have figured out that it's easier to open the login link in a new tab and then refresh the page you were on than it is to just click the login link and have to go through all of hte other pages again...

• Becky came up with the great idea that we should all shout "Underwater" in the scream pause after "I Can't Breathe" during IWYSBICB.  We all did it for the first time at the Great Midwestern Boardie Meetup in Chicago last April.  Good memories...
  • Hahahaha, that's brilliant.  xD
  • We used to shout "Run's House" in response to "Whose House" in Oh Lately It's So Quiet.  That was originally my husband's idea, but I kind of took it to a whole new level of ridiculous.  It used to make the guys laugh but they've heard it so many times they got over it.
  • Totalgeek42 said:

Annnddd when you sign onto the boards enough to have figured out that it's easier to open the login link in a new tab and then refresh the page you were on than it is to just click the login link and have to go through all of hte other pages again...

I DO THE EXACT SAME THING!!!!! hahahahahaha