In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• YKYOW you hear a clap on the radio in the school bus, and you're head shoots up thinking it's Get Over It, but then turns down sadly when you realize it's another dumb rap song taking space.
  • YKYOW you still have a silly grin plastered on your face because of a 30 second phone conversation that happened days ago.
  • beckysioux said:

YKYOW you still have a silly grin plastered on your face because of a 30 second phone conversation that happened days ago.

Needed to quote this because it's so true for me too.. really, I think I'm starting to drive my friends crazy.  That and I sat in English class somewhat bored and just thought about it and was suddenly grinning stupidly.  :)

• YKYOW you watch Taking 5 and you jokingly think of kidnapping OK Go. XD
  • Arrynisawesome said:

YKYOW you watch Taking 5 and you jokingly think of kidnapping OK Go. XD

Haha! I just watched that movie the other day and thought the same thing! But I don't think it'd be necessary to kidnap them, they'd probably be nice enough to do it without such measures. Laugh
  • Arrynisawesome said:

YKYOW you watch Taking 5 and you jokingly think of kidnapping OK Go. XD

My friend and I used to talk about retro-fitting a motor home as a pirate ship for our tour exploits (possible names: The Jolly Rogering, Royal Miss Fortune, The Swallow and the Squirrel, and a host of other bad pirate puns). We imagined rolling up on a tour bus on the highway and raising our little winking, rock and roll version of skull and crossbones on a flag through the sun-roof, to signal that they would be boarded at the next stop. We never intended actual kidnapping of band members, we just thought we'd just invite them to board our ship and, since we were headed to the same destination, some band members would inevitably choose to remain aboard and hang out/party with us. We had a ton of neat things which we planned to take with us (geeky toys and pirate jokes), with which to entice "captives".

This would've worked great for OK Go (particularly Damian!). Too bad they fly most places these days.

YKYOW a random post in the YKYOW thread makes you seriously reconsider becoming a Rock and Roll Land Pirate.
  • YKYOW you and your sister are inspired to build a Rube Goldberg in the empty closet of the house.
  • YKYOW you just can't understand how someone asks you 'but what would you do with a man's suit if you could buy it?'

I seriously can't understand that. I couldn't even answer that question.

Does she really gets who's suit I was talking about

I mean

seriously
  • YKYOW:  You see people say things like "sticks like glue" and you think "and it stuck like glue..." (Okay I know that's Secret Dakota Ring but it's vaguely connected), or you say "What to do..." a lot and every time, afterwards, think "Sweetheart you'll find."

It happened with another completely random lyric today, but I don't remember what it was...
  • YKYOW you're at a TV studio for your other favorite band's taping of the release of their new EP and while you're waiting you look around the studio for OK Go related stuff as there was a ton of music related things on all the walls.

Alas, there was no OK Go stuff.
  • ^ as soon as i saw you were the last to reply to this thread i knew that's what you were gonna write, haha, i was disappointed in the lack of ok go on the walls as well...
  • YKYOW your brother-in-law customizes the laptop he gave you to be filled with OK Go in the starting up loading screen, login screen, and background. He knows me so well!
  • YKYOW you're watching Jeopardy! and they have a category on "Toast" you hope that there's an answer about Last Leaf. Alas, no answers regarding the boys. Oh well.
  • YKYOW you're walking through a sporting goods store, looking for shoes for your brother, and you see the treadmills and get the urge to start dancing on them while listening to HIGA. It's not the first time this has happened.

I know that if I were to try, I'd end up injuring myself because I get dizzy from just walking on a treadmill, but I can't help but giggle to myself and think "what if..."

• When you hack your mom's FB and post this as her status:

Judy:
    I have the best daughters in the whole wide world! Also, I really think Amber's favorite band OK Go are sexiest musicians EVER! (see, Ma, this is what's called "hacking into someone's Facebook") =D

•  

you see these cupcakes and think of the This Too Shall Pass marching band video. 
  • Hilloa-loa!

This is my first post, so I'm still figuring things out. It's nice to be able to chat with the fellow boardies! I'm also trying to read through all the past posts. I'm halfway there, so if I've repeated something it's just that I didn't know. It's not that I'm ignoring your post or anything.

YKYOW:

- You listen to "Last Leaf" before you go to bed every night for OK Go-full dreams

- You've been waiting for summer so you could wear your red capri's
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

Hilloa-loa!

This is my first post, so I'm still figuring things out. It's nice to be able to chat with the fellow boardies! I'm also trying to read through all the past posts. I'm halfway there, so if I've repeated something it's just that I didn't know. It's not that I'm ignoring your post or anything.

YKYOW:

- You listen to "Last Leaf" before you go to bed every night for OK Go-full dreams

- You've been waiting for summer so you could wear your red capri's

Hello there new boardie, magnolia!

Reading through ALL the past posts? Whoa - spend the weekend!

I'm Amber. This board is awesome because the boardies are awesome. OH, also because OK Go is awesome and attracts awesome people.

YKYOW: You click on the boards so you can get the website link to copy paste into your tumblr to invite new OK Go fans over - and then you're excited to greet a new boardie that is already here to greet!
  • Hey! Welcome to the Message Board. :) There's not doubt you'll like it here!

YKYOW you and your best friend(also a fan of OK Go) basically spent an entire sleepover discussing OK Go and how awesome they are. EPIC.
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

Hilloa-loa!

Oh I like you already. :-) Welcome!