In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• violetchaos364 said:

magnoliamaggiemag said:

Hilloa-loa!

This is my first post, so I'm still figuring things out. It's nice to be able to chat with the fellow boardies! I'm also trying to read through all the past posts. I'm halfway there, so if I've repeated something it's just that I didn't know. It's not that I'm ignoring your post or anything.

Hello there new boardie, magnolia!
    Reading through ALL the past posts? Whoa - spend the weekend!

I'm Amber. This board is awesome because the boardies are awesome. OH, also because OK Go is awesome and attracts awesome people.

Ya I probably should slow down on the reading since it's interfering with my homework, but it's all in the love of the boards! I can also agree on the fact that OK Go is awesome. My sisters think otherwise. Maybe there should be a thread for tips on recruiting fans/converting nonbelievers. But back on topic here...

YKYOW:

- You force one of your sisters to watch the entirety of the OK Go video collection against her will

- You swear to god while talking to a friend you heard your teacher say "Damian's here!" and you FLIPPED OUT but realize that she was about "Daniel", a kid in your class who's almost never there. If only what she said was true :)

- You finally get OTBCOTS which made you EXTREMELY happy, but all the sudden you feel left out again because you haven't pre-ordered 180/365 :(
  • Hello, Magnolia! Welcome! I've had moments when I think someone says Damian's name, but it turns out to be some other name I don't really care about, as well. Although hearing Daniel might make me happy, too. Because Dan rocks.

YKYOW you make someone a list of all the OK Go songs they should listen to, and when you're almost done you realize that you've written down just about every single OK Go song you know.

True story... Smile
  • YKYOW you come across this picture on Memebase, and you immediatly think of Rusty.

http://chzmemebase.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/memes-painting.jpg

Like... aross? Like aross. That should be a meme in itself. Makin' eggs and asparagus in the morning... LIKE AROSS.
  • Hi I am new to the boards so if I repeat please forgive

YKYOW

Your Roomies ban the names: Damian, Tim, Andy and Dan (A bit of a problem for me as I have a brother in law named Dan)

Your roomies ban the phrase: "I just watched a new clip."

Your Husband perorders 180/365 in self defense just to have ANYTHING new to listen to in the car since getting you OTBCOTS for Chrtistmas.
  • daisychains said:

YKYOW you come across this picture on Memebase, and you immediatly think of Rusty.

http://chzmemebase.files.wordp.....inting.jpg

Like... aross? Like aross. That should be a meme in itself. Makin' eggs and asparagus in the morning... LIKE AROSS.

I saw that on chzmemebase and thought the same thing! Laugh
  • YKYOW you see the colors of the stones and you think of the boys...

• YKYOW you're three best friends have officially turned over to the OK Go side, and you and your closest friend are the ones who caused it.
  • YKYOW

- You go to your middle-school-prom and base which girl should go with which band member by their dress (Paisley/Patterns = Damian, Bold/Funky style = Tim, Crisp Suit-Style Cut= Rusty, Teddy-Bear Cute = Dan)

- you BEG for the DJ to play DWYW but he insists on player the more popular "Baby" by Justin Bieber instead

- You come home EXHAUSTED from all the partying, conga lines, cha-cha slides and limbo's, yet still find the energy to come on the boards to post this Smile
  • How was the prom?  Whose style did you choose to express?
  • Prom was fun. Got to go to a country club, so what could go wrong?

Hrrrmmm, I'm not quite sure. I don't know how to post pictures yet, so here's the link to the picture of the dress in the wrong colour:

http://www.modcloth.com/Womens/Dresses/-Latte-Heart-Dress

Only it's actually in this colour:

http://www.familybedding.com/shop.php?showImage=true&productID=132120&groupID=2996&categoryID=139

I would say a mix between Tim and Aross, because it's definitely funky in it's style, but is very simple and clean in colour. I'n not quite sure though. Thoughts?
  • Looks very Andy to me.  So I guess

YKYOW you got shooting off to look at pics of prom dresses to evaluate their style as related to the individual members of the band.

P.S.  I is a lovely dress.
  • Thank you very much :) For a deeper analysis:

This dress:

http://www.newyorkdress.com/Cassandra_Stone/42513A.html

Definitely Damian, all the way. Patterns, but sophisticated

And this dress:

http://promdresses.1st-dress.com/funky-prom-dress/

Has Tim written all over it. Love the ruffles

Also, this:

http://www.nexteve.com/shop/prom-dresses/purple-puffy-strapless-F02_0443_S.html

Goes into Andy's Category. Not a lot of design, but still beautiful

While this:

http://www.myspace.com/anabelarosa/blog/541357739

Would be Dan. Adorable and cute

edit: ... YKYOW You make a whole post on dress/member relations and realize at the very end of making it, "Wow... Put a little bit too much thought into that..."
  • YKYOW you tell people your son's about to have his first night away from home and everyone's shocked that you're letting him spend the night away from you already, until they hear OK Go's going to be nearby.
  • hyannah77 said:

YKYOW you tell people your son's about to have his first night away from home and everyone's shocked that you're letting him spend the night away from you already, until they hear OK Go's going to be nearby.

Yay, so glad you're going! 
    Um, so I have an especially strange YKYOW.  When I was in High School (8,000 years ago), I was a fan of Sailor Moon (google it, it was a Japanese cartoon).  We had a YKYOW joke that we would sort M&Ms out into colors and eat them from least favorite to favorite Sailor Scout (Yellow was Sailor Moon, Brown was Tuxedo Mask, etc.).  This was especially fun because the blue M&Ms had just come out so for the first time there were M&Ms for each character.  It worked for me especially because my favorite M&M colors (Red, Blue, and Green) (Yes I have favorite M&M colors, why don't you?) were my favorite Sailor Scouts (Mars, Mercury, and Jupiter, Eff Sailor Moon she's a whiny brat). 

Today, even though I don't still watch Sailor Moon, I still think about the Scouts when I eat my M&Ms, and I realized that I was loving on the Red, Blue, and Green M&Ms.  This got me thinking about OK Go, of course, but I started to think about Tim being the Yellow M&Ms as well, and then I felt bad that I didn't care about the Yellow M&Ms, so I started to mentally write this post.

But no matter how much I may mentally relate them to Tim, I cannot be arsed to give a crap about Yellow M&Ms. 

Hmm.  What if I go with the TTSP color scheme?  Oh Andy.  I can't leave Andy out.

But no, still can't care.  Eff the Yellow ones.  This is a bad metaphor.

YKYOW you try desperately to link M&Ms to OK Go, and are disappointed when you can't succeed.

And this was my 3700th post.
  • ZOMGGGGG Sailor Moon! I also went through a Sailor Moon phase! Although it was pretty short. I quickly moved on to other anime. But I may still have Sailor Moon wallpapers deep in the bowels of my computer somewhere...

Mars and Mercury were my favorites too. But cutest ever: Chibiusa!! Kawaiiiii!

</nerd-out>
  • Oh I remember Sailor Moon! Once for halloween I handmade a Sailor Moon costume... Other than the fact I destroyed 2 tennis balls, ripped up a yellow shirt, and pinned it all on a flimsy little hat just to make the HAIR, it looked okay!

As for M&M's, red and green. Haven't really been eating them lately since I've been addicted to gummy bears... Okay, M&M'S are sailor souts, and gummy bears are TTSP colours. Now if I can only find a store that sells blue gummy bears...
  • Blue gummies can be found at specialty candy stores like Popalop's

YKYOW you know where all the blue candies in your city can be bought Smile
  • I'm really craving some candy now...
  • YKYOW... 

You find out three of your friends whom you met in university love OK Go, and drag them to two of their concerts that were 3 days apart.  And you also ended up making OK Go the first concert for two of them, and ended up getting them front-row spots.  
  • Taciturn said:

YKYOW... 

You find out three of your friends whom you met in university love OK Go, and drag them to two of their concerts that were 3 days apart.  And you also ended up making OK Go the first concert for two of them, and ended up getting them front-row spots.  

All OK Go first-timer's should start out like that. I hope I do when I get the chance. If only I could go back in time, and see a show when they were here. They tour a bunchez though, so I don't really have anything to worry about. Did any of you guys see OK Go as your first concert? Stories are always fun to read Wink