In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• violetchaos364 said:

I've been DEDICATED (not obsessed) to OK Go for 8 months and even I know that almost no one is able to do the Kulash Power Stance except Mr. Kulash himself. It takes a great amount of flexibility, balance, power, and hotness to pull it off.

Amber - u left out the all-important key requirement for pulling off the Kulash Power Stance: SUPER (sexy) LONG LEGS! ;] 

YKYOW...

You meet up with a ex which you hadn't seen for 3+ years, and get talking about music (amongst other things).  Ex clearly states his distaste in OK Go's OTBCOTS album, in no ambiguous terms whatsoever.  Ex proceeds to scoff at your passionate retorts abt how the band has matured, together with their music tastes and direction etcetc...

...and you suddenly feel a sense a relief in realising you made the right decision to end things with the ex way back when. :] x
  • laydeejol said:

violetchaos364 said:

I've been DEDICATED (not obsessed) to OK Go for 8 months and even I know that almost no one is able to do the Kulash Power Stance except Mr. Kulash himself. It takes a great amount of flexibility, balance, power, and hotness to pull it off.

Amber - u left out the all-important key requirement for pulling off the Kulash Power Stance: SUPER (sexy) LONG LEGS! ;] 

(giggle) Nope, that was magnoliamaggiemag. Laugh

• laydeejol said:  

YKYOW...

You meet up with a ex which you hadn't seen for 3+ years, and get talking about music (amongst other things).  Ex clearly states his distaste in OK Go's OTBCOTS album, in no ambiguous terms whatsoever.  Ex proceeds to scoff at your passionate retorts abt how the band has matured, together with their music tastes and direction etcetc...

...and you suddenly feel a sense a relief in realising you made the right decision to end things with the ex way back when. :] x

Pretty much how I judge whether a guy is dateable or not. He has to respect my love for OK Go. Which is why I'm currently single, haha.

YKYOW: You're sad your crush no longer goes to the same school as you, not just because he is your crush, but because he was one of the only guys that never made fun of your OK Go love and actually took the time to listen to some of their music.
  • YKYOW  you put OK Go into the 20QS machine... It first thougt they were Spider-Man, and then Mickey Mouse. Can you see them as superheroes or cartoon characters?? Hey, nothing is impossible!
  • YKYOW you're talking to your friend online that also likes OK Go, and then they misspell Nordwind, so you have to take a deep breath to stop from shouting at your computer "WIND! WIND! IT'S NORDWIND, NOT WAND!" *rage face*
  • YKYOW taking a gender psych class essentially only leads to you reading the textbook as such:

"women and men -WHAT A MAGIC COMBINATION - are not as different..."
  • daisychains said:

YKYOW you're talking to your friend online that also likes OK Go, and then they misspell Nordwind, so you have to take a deep breath to stop from shouting at your computer "WIND! WIND! IT'S NORDWIND, NOT WAND!" *rage face*

You know what grinds my gears? (snark) When reporters mispronounce the band members' names.  I understand if a person who is not in communications does it, but when people who are paid to get stuff like this right mess it up it ticks me off.
  • YKYOW....Everytime your mom goes in the fridge and pulls out a bottle of POM juice, "The Greatest Song I Ever Heard" gets stuck in your head.

That is all for now.
  • YKYOW  You sit down in front of your computer to see what your boardie buds are up to and can't log in and you freak out.

OK, I didn't freak, but I did have more time in my evening than I expected.
  • YKYOW you beg, and I mean BEG your parents to not leave for your vacation till thursday, because if you leave wednesday you will miss OK Go on "America's Got Talent".

Yes, I am super-excited and happy that they're going on a show to showcase their awesomeness, but the fact I'm missing it because of vacation ticks me off. I REALLY don't want to miss it. If any of you guys can somehow put it up on YouTube, I'll give you a horcrux!!! Or maybe an IOU Coupon LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
  • OK Go's songs bring tears to your eyes. When you have to watch the videos over and over to study every detail and subtle move of every second. Get depressed because no one you meet gets it then when you meet a fellow OK Go fan you feel like you've met a soul-mate.  Love, love, love that there are, so far, 121 pages of people obsessing over OK Go.
  • JEANETTE!! So happy to see you here! This is Amber from Facebook. OF course I'm here on the boards, too!
  • Hello soul-mate. I figured you'd be all over this.
  • YKYOW you hope that the home runs Soto and Soriano scored in tonight's Cubs game help out aross' fantasy baseball team.
  • I got to say, Becky with a "Y", I think you do have it pretty bad.  So, when are you coming to visit me?
  • JeanetteIcklyEnhanced said:

Hello soul-mate. I figured you'd be all over this.

All over this like white on rice, chica!
  • YKYOW you finally get on a computer to meet up with your boardies (I missed you) and fond out you WILL be able to see the performance on America's got talent. SO HAPPY!
  • YKYOW when your last.fm says you have 19 albuns scrobbled….

and then you check the other boardies last.fm's and realize that's nothing because for example, Rachel has 57...

HAHAHA
  • Again please? In English this time.
  • Let me see if I can explain what Laeticia means.  Last.fm is a social networking site where you can share what music you've been listening to; how often you play certain songs/artists, that sort of thing.    "Scrobbling" is what the site calls the process of pulling your recent play info from your various devices.  So, what Laeticia means is that I have tracks from 57 different albums listed as having been played from my iTunes/iPod. 

Thinking about my iTunes library, this is probably just an idiosyncracy of how my tracks are organized.