In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• My family actually really loves going to concerts, so we go to at least one a year. My one and only OK Go concert wasn't my first, but it comes out as the most epic and best concert I've ever been to. Plus, it was for my birthday, which makes it even more epic, if that's possible.

YKYOW you're at Red Robins and notice that all the lamps are colored red, blue, yellow, and green, so you look for four lamps that are just one of each next to each other.
  • YKYOW...

...you find someone online that you didn't meet on this website equally as obsessed as you, then your depressed when they're not online.

...You have absolutely no idea what's going on when people aren't talking about OK Go, because you're not paying attention.

...You get bored with the lack of OK Go t-shirts you find online, so you Sharpie 'OK Go' onto your shoes and make your own OK Go earrings out of Duct Tape.

...You find out that OK Go is having a concert less than 10 hours away from you, and get excited because you don't have to go so far this time.
  • daisychains said:

My family actually really loves going to concerts, so we go to at least one a year. My one and only OK Go concert wasn't my first, but it comes out as the most epic and best concert I've ever been to. Plus, it was for my birthday, which makes it even more epic, if that's possible.

YKYOW you're at Red Robins and notice that all the lamps are colored red, blue, yellow, and green, so you look for four lamps that are just one of each next to each other.

I actually did that once :3 It made me so happy.

YKYOW you assigned different days of the week to Each band member, then when the song 'Friday' comes on, you sing along with it, going "It's Andy! Andy! Gotta get down on Andy!"

• YKYOW...

...the only not-OK-Go-songs you listen to are by 8in8.

...you see a random guy you don't know walking a small brown dog and shout "OH MY GOD IT'S BUNNY CARLOS!!!!"

...you'd seriously consider bidding on a napkin with Bunny or Dora's slobber on it.

...you think 'What if the world ended right now?' your immediate thought is 'Crap! I'll miss that OK Go concert next week!'

...a friend says that :insert name of OK Go member here: isn't hot, and it takes tremendous will power not to kick them out and never see them again.

...every time someone says "I want that..." you immediately reply "SO BAD I CAN'T BREATHE!"

...every time your hair is in a pony-tail or any up-do, the first thing that happens when you take it down is you get White Knuckles stuck in your head.

...you have friends that don't like OK Go that you've had for years and you seriously consider to stop seeing them.

...the friends that don't like OK Go that you still have for some reason all have OK Go songs stuck in their head because you don't care what they think and whenever they come over OK Go is 80% of what you listen to. (and 8in8 is about 10%)
  • Hey Hiding_In_The_Dark! :D I see you've finally posted! I'm mixlemaxle from DA.

YKYOW you're friends and you are already planning on how much money you need to take a trip to CA or some nearby state for an OK Go concert and where we'll stay and what we'll do.

Because they're certainly not coming to Arizona for a while. Bah humbug.
  • daisychains said:

Hey Hiding_In_The_Dark! :D I see you've finally posted! I'm mixlemaxle from DA.

YKYOW you're friends and you are already planning on how much money you need to take a trip to CA or some nearby state for an OK Go concert and where we'll stay and what we'll do.

Because they're certainly not coming to Arizona for a while. Bah humbug.

Wait, you're going to their California shows in August? LUCKY!

• Probably not. D: I wish. But the only money we have is around 60 bucks for the four/three of us, so that won't do. When we get enough, we're definitely going, though.
  • My only chance of seeing them is if a) I convince my family to go to New York for my birthday (July 31) which is around the pilobilous performance (July 27), or b) they decide to come to Canada out of the blue. I doubt either of those will happen. Ho hum, I can always watch live stream! Let us know if you have the time/money to be able to go, daisychains!
  • I wish I could go too. I'm lucky I get to go see them in St. Louis in two days, because there was really a thirty-five percent chance that my parents would say yes.
  • Totalgeek42 said:

Y also KYOW your English teacher has started frequently saying "Onwards and upwards!" And everytime you responde "Paracadute!"

Only she's heard so far.. then she was like "What?"

xD

I think of that every time I hear that, too XD

• Hiding_In_The_Dark said:

YKYOW...

...You have absolutely no idea what's going on when people aren't talking about OK Go, because you're not paying attention.

Happens to me all the time :)
  • YKYOW

You met someone named Andy and now you call him Rusty all the time and he still doesn't know why.

You know all the lyrics to every single OK Go song and you only looked up three or four.

You tried to put pink and yellow gaff tape on your arm but your parents wouldn't let you.

You understood the above post.

You know someone named Ross who you hate but hang out with all the time because it's so fun to call him that.

You can't go to Dunkin' Donuts without wildly giggling.

You've read every single post on this thread and have only found about two or three that you haven't actually done, so now you refresh the page every two seconds, frantically thinking "WHY IS NO ONE POSTING?!?!"
  • lightamatch4me said:

Ok I got one.

YKYOW…

Whenever you go to a music/book/ electronic store and there are cd's, you immediatly go to the "O" section of the cd's, find OK Go (either album), and put it to the very front to bring emphisis to it. Then right afterwards you pick up the cd, look very interested, and look over to the nearest person (even if you don't know them) and say, "Wow OK Go, eh? I have heard they are good. You should give them a listen." And walk away hoping you have converted someone. Or at least I do that. Lol tongue.gif

YKYOW

After you see that that person said 'OK,' you think "Go! Did he/she not notice that?!"

You go to Walmart daily and look at the 'New Releases,' each time launching into a deep depression because they don't have 180/365 yet, even though you preordered and already have it.

Every time you eat fishsticks you think of Damian's [however many great's] grandfather and secretly thank him, as you launch into a huge fangirl-ly giggling fit.
  • YKYOW you fall in love with Daisychain's sig and so next time you sing an OK Go song and someone looks at you weird, you say: "WTF, dude? Let it go, this too shall pass, so don't get all white knuckles on my bad singing just because you don't know what to do, and we dug a hole, so good luck with shooting the moon, because one tiny thing out of place, and you're off the skyscrapers, so get over it!"

lol, true story.
  • Arrynisawesome said:

Why exactly is that shirt so famous anyway?

YKYOW you scream when Damian drops his pen in the piano thing here:

http://partyontheinternet.com/

I'm watching it, is anyone else?

It's the shirt that DAmian wears in the WTF? video

• YKYOW

- You wonder what the boys' favourite bubble tea flavour is (for those who don't know, it's basically flavoured teas with tapioca balls on the bottom; e.g. my favourite is coconut milk tea w/ lychee jelly)

- After watching and reading tons of shakespeare for school, you try to make it all easier/funnier to learn by imagining the boys playing all the roles

-You go to a HMV store find only 1 OTBCOTSCD left, so you take it and put it back in its slot messily so someone will look at it while putting it away
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

All OK Go first-timer's should start out like that. I hope I do when I get the chance. If only I could go back in time, and see a show when they were here. They tour a bunchez though, so I don't really have anything to worry about. Did any of you guys see OK Go as your first concert? Stories are always fun to read Wink

Yeah, they tour a TON.

I didn't meet them at my first, but I got to chat with them at my third, fourth, and seventh, and see them briefly at my ninth, and I'm hoping I will get to chat with them at my tenth.

• YKYOW your life is very busy and you don't have enough time to obsess properly but still when you have a sick day in bed all you do is visit the boards, watch OK Go videos, and browse Flickr for new photos. There should be an OK Go "Get Over It" care package available with "I Want You So Bad I Can't Breathe" chest rub, "You're So Damn Hot" thermometer, "1000 miles Per Hour" tissues, "C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips" cinnamon tea, "There's A Fire" hot water bottle, "The Fix is In" headache pills,  and a "This Too Shall Pass" blanket.
  • Um, Yes.  That is BRILLIANT.
  • That would be the best care package ever. D: It would be lovely to have it right now. *headdesk of lymph node infection*