In this Discussion

I have no idea who most of you people are...

Comments

• Hi.
    My name is Jade.
    You can call me Jadey or Darth Jader. Or Jade works. But whatever you prefer, that's all right.
    I'm 18.
    I'm going to school this January to study photography and/or music business.
    I may be going to college in Chicago. But I'm still undecided.
    I'm undecisive most of the time.
    I hate failing. But I do anyway.
    Oxymorons make me happy.
    I need a car. Now. October 7 depends on it.
    F. Scott Fitzgerald is my favorite author.
    I've liked OK Go since June 2005.
    I like singing songs from musicals in public. Specifically RENT songs.
    I laugh at everything. So don't take offense.
    I have a girl crush on Regina Spektor.
    I'm obsessed with tea.

And that's about it.
    Not really.
    Just all that I care to share.
  • QUOTE (shades of blue @ Oct 1 2006, 01:09 AM)
    bienvenidos?!
    also, i think it happens that US Americans actually like Canadians, but Canadians don't like US Americans. of course that is a generalization, which is not true on this forum as there is mostly much love here.

LOL Gracias, oh wait that wasn't for me.

lol yeah I think you got that right, but I think it's more like SOME *not all* Brits don't like Americans. These boards are full of love though, and like I said earlier in some high above post, I love everyone, no matter who you are or where you're from, no seriously, I'm full of love wink.gif

And Jaded you are not alone on the whole needing a car thing, Oxymorons are um funness *booyah*, you rock because you're going to photography school *tear* Photography is the best thing in the world. RENT is the shit (loooove it), I laugh at everything too, ask anyone. I have too many girl crushes (I'm not lesbian or bi though), to name some, Angelina Jolie, Sarah Michelle Gellar, my friend Gracie lol, Hilary Duff *yes I think she's pretty* The drummer chick from The Like, I forgot her name oops, and so on.
  • i'm karissa, i'm 19, and i live in wisconsin. i'm going to school studying microbiology. and while i really love my major, i've been thinking about changing it,because it requires shit tons of chemistry and i cannot stand chem. i suck at it and always will. i am also a band geek, and as stupid as it may be, i love marching band and i love our uniforms, we just got new ones this year and they have capes. i'm excited. and i don't come here as often as i used to (which really, wasn't very often to begin with) because of school and such.
    i am in love with music and seriously would die without it. i become obsessed with bands easily and my current obsession is a band from new york called "locksley" and they are the reason i found ok go. even though they've "lied" to me numerous times & refuse to reply to my "important" myspace messages, but message me about the stupidest things, i can't help but love them.
    i love thunderstorms, sudoku, and mandarin oranges. fin.
  • I'm Jen. I'm like, the old school UK massive, buahahaha
    I'm 21 tomorrow!!! I saw OK Go an Thursday (for the 13th time!!) and I love Dan.
    And this time next year I'll have a degree.
    I had some kind of epiphany this week and its made me totally rethink my life.
    And nothing else is really important
  • QUOTE (yoshixc @ Sep 30 2006, 08:34 PM)
    Mm, I'm such a fan of Boston--especially since Ok Go frequents the area.

YAY Boston!! hehe...

well, anyways, I'm meg. I'm 16. I live in a suburb of Boston, and I LOVE it here. I can't imagine living anywhere else, hopefully I'll stay in the area when I grow up and get my own house and such. I also love Boston itself, and its better than most other cities out there, imho.

umm... I'm a junior in high school, and I'm currently taking Latin 3, which means I'm translating Ovid. (doesn't that make me sound so smart?haha.) we're almost finished with the myth of Daphne and Apollo. I can guess about half the words of all that Portuguese because its a Romance language, which makes me proud of my latin skills.

I play flute in band, and picollo in Marching Band, and I used to play cello but I quit after middle school but now I miss it and I want to play cello next year in orchestra.

I currently have a cold, which means I've lost my voice. I can barely talk. it sucks.

oh, and my grandfather, step-grandmother, and two half-uncles live in canada (Nova Scotia, actually), and also one of my best friends is canadian, she's lived here for 8 years, and she's moving back in november, which is sad. but it means that I love canadians as much as anyone, haha.
  • i'm so glad you guys don't have the same preconcepts that we do over here.
    Are you all genious or what? there are 2 people that have latin, a bunch that knows spanish fluentlly and most of you is working on a degree for what i've read. this is the first forum that i come to where people are polite, interesting and very intelligent, with lots of love to share;)
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 1 2006, 08:21 PM)
    i'm so glad you guys don't have the same preconcepts that we do over here.
    Are you all genious or what? there are 2 people that have latin, a bunch that knows spanish fluentlly and most of you is working on a degree for what i've read. this is the first forum that i come to where people are polite, interesting and very intelligent, with lots of love to share;)

Oh, you're a sweetheart!
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Oct 1 2006, 01:56 AM)

I like singing songs from musicals in public. Specifically RENT songs.

Viva La Vie Boheme!

I'm Kim.
    I'm 20.
    I also like singing songs from musicals in public. Especially Rent, Rocky Horror, and Moulin Rouge.
    Rocky Horror is my all-time favorite movie ever. Followed by Josie and the Pussycats and the Evil Dead trilogy.
    The only movie that has ever made me cry was Short Circuit(and I was 5 when I did that), therefore it is my belief that I AM IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION.
    I enjoy quoting Anchorman(see above) randomly.
    I have this crazy obsession with Vanilla and Cherry Italian Sodas(sans half and half, thanks).
    I'm majoring in Music Business, though I still haven't decided where to transfer to after I get my AA degree.
    I'm a little weird, but I get away with it since I'm also somewhat of an artist.
    I love video games and being a total nerd.
    After college, my friend Savannah(BrilliantSevvy on the JC) and I are starting a band. We aspire to open for OK Go at some point.
    When I turn 21, I'm having a Kulash 5 party. (That's actually the name of the party - Kulash 5) You're all invited. Utterances of "pamplemoose" will ring throughout the room. It shall be gloriously OK Go remniscent.
    I like starting projects and accidentally taking forever to finish them(see "Kim's OK Go Interview Database website")
    I can somewhat speak Spanish and Japanese.
    I used to be in Ska/Punk Band.
    I like designing websites and airbrushing in my free time.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Oct 1 2006, 08:52 PM)
    Rocky Horror is my all-time favorite movie ever.

<3 <3 <3

I was actually watching Hot Patootie this morning on YouTube. Oh god, I love Rocky Horror. And Meat Loaf.

IS ANYONE ELSE EXCITED?
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 1 2006, 03:55 PM)
    <3 <3 <3

I was actually watching Hot Patootie this morning on YouTube. Oh god, I love Rocky Horror. And Meat Loaf.

IS ANYONE ELSE EXCITED?

hahahaha, OMG YES!

I always sing Meat Loaf at karaoke laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Oct 1 2006, 09:52 PM)
    Viva La Vie Boheme!
    I'm Kim.
    I'm 20.
    I also like singing songs from musicals in public. Especially Rent, Rocky Horror, and Moulin Rouge.
    Rocky Horror is my all-time favorite movie ever. Followed by Josie and the Pussycats and the Evil Dead trilogy.
    The only movie that has ever made me cry was Short Circuit(and I was 5 when I did that), therefore it is my belief that I AM IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION.
    I enjoy quoting Anchorman(see above) randomly.
    I have this crazy obsession with Vanilla and Cherry Italian Sodas(sans half and half, thanks).
    I'm majoring in Music Business, though I still haven't decided where to transfer to after I get my AA degree.
    I'm a little weird, but I get away with it since I'm also somewhat of an artist.
    I love video games and being a total nerd.
    After college, my friend Savannah(BrilliantSevvy on the JC) and I are starting a band. We aspire to open for OK Go at some point.
    When I turn 21, I'm having a Kulash 5 party. (That's actually the name of the party - Kulash 5) You're all invited. Utterances of "pamplemoose" will ring throughout the room. It shall be gloriously OK Go remniscent.
    I like starting projects and accidentally taking forever to finish them(see "Kim's OK Go Interview Database website")
    I can somewhat speak Spanish and Japanese.
    I used to be in Ska/Punk Band.
    I like designing websites and airbrushing in my free time.

I'm into ska and punk also:) i can't help but to feel happy when i listen to ska. You understand Japanese??wow, that's what i said, you guys (and girls, of course) are total genious.

i forgot to say when i introduced myself that i just got into college in biomedical engineering. Tomorrow's my first day.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Oct 1 2006, 09:03 PM)
    hahahaha, OMG YES!

I always sing Meat Loaf at karaoke laugh.gif

UM. You're amazing.

One of my favorite bowling memories was putting Paradise by the Dashboard Light on the jukebox and skanking around (dancing on somewhat waxed floors is wonderful).

Also, this is one of my favorite back covers (oxymoron?) ever (from the back of Bat Out of Hell):

oh Meat Loaf. Going straight for the nonchalant ass-grope.
  • I've really never been into Meat Loaf. I've always been into Billy Joel . . . does that have anything to do with my Meat Loaf? I don't know. :S

Instead of quoting Anchorman randomly, I quote Salad Fingers randomly.

It's fun to ask, "H-H-Hello . . .do you taste like sunshine dust?" to random people in a Salad Fingers voice.

I've been wanting to run up to random people and sing, "How we gonna pay last year's rent!?" then run away from them. But I need someone to do it with me, so we can kind of look like this when we do it:

Except someone is between us, freaking out. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Oct 1 2006, 10:27 PM)
    Instead of quoting Anchorman randomly, I quote Salad Fingers randomly.

It's fun to ask, "H-H-Hello . . .do you taste like sunshine dust?" to random people in a Salad Fingers voice.

AHHH. AHHHHHH SALADFINGERS.

"Would you like to meet my friiieeends? This is Marjorie Stewart Baxter, Hubert Cumberdale, and Jeremy Fischer. I wonder what you tasssste liiiike.

Marjorie Stuart Baxter, you taste like SUNSHINE DUST.

Ech, Hubert Cumberdale, you taste like soot and poo."

To me, Saladfingers was one of those things that was really funny when repeated by other people, but scarred me so much while I was watching it.
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 1 2006, 06:31 PM)
    AHHH. AHHHHHH SALADFINGERS.

"Would you like to meet my friiieeends? This is Marjorie Stewart Baxter, Hubert Cumberdale, and Jeremy Fischer. I wonder what you tasssste liiiike.

Marjorie Stuart Baxter, you taste like SUNSHINE DUST.

Ech, Hubert Cumberdale, you taste like soot and poo."

To me, Saladfingers was one of those things that was really funny when repeated by other people, but scarred me so much while I was watching it.

I love watching them. That's the only sick humor I have, that and Rejected.

But when I watch them, I'm laughing and going "Ewwwwwwwww . . . " at the same time. They make me cringe. But I'm addicted.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Oct 1 2006, 05:27 PM)

I've been wanting to run up to random people and sing, "How we gonna pay last year's rent!?" then run away from them. But I need someone to do it with me, so we can kind of look like this when we do it:

Except someone is between us, freaking out. smile.gif

HAHAH OMG. That would be so awesome. One day in the distant future when we finally meet(boardie convention, anyone?!), we so have to do that. Because I loooove scaring people with random things. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Oct 1 2006, 06:50 PM)
    HAHAH OMG. That would be so awesome. One day in the distant future when we finally meet(boardie convention, anyone?!), we so have to do that. Because I loooove scaring people with random things. laugh.gif

Oooooooooo, a boardie convention sounds like fun.
  • QUOTE (Jaded @ Oct 1 2006, 10:57 PM)
    Oooooooooo, a boardie convention sounds like fun.

We've discussed this before, and every time, I always get really excited about the thought of BoardieCon.

We just need to make it happen... somehow...

Obvious solution? Invent teleporters.
  • hahaha I'm loving these last posts, you guys are hilarious and so dead on on liking Meat Loaf and The Rocky Horror Picture Show... cuz it's all the shit! Jaded and Kakki I'm so with you on scaring people randomly, so I will join that clan NOWZ!

and mIa, kuddos on starting biomedical engineering, it sound awsome. My little brother is gonna study Genetical Engineering ohmy.gif I know!!!, he's gonna be a mad scientist... he wants to clone... stuff O.O! *gasp* maybe he'll find a way to make me live forever! Scarry but cool to think about bahaha!

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 1 2006, 06:55 PM)
    We've discussed this before, and every time, I always get really excited about the thought of BoardieCon.

We just need to make it happen... somehow...

Obvious solution? Invent teleporters.

They should make those SOON! I'd buy one... or have someone give me one, since I'm broke!
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ Oct 2 2006, 08:40 AM)
    hahaha I'm loving these last posts, you guys are hilarious and so dead on on liking Meat Loaf and The Rocky Horror Picture Show... cuz it's all the shit! Jaded and Kakki I'm so with you on scaring people randomly, so I will join that clan NOWZ!

and mIa, kuddos on starting biomedical engineering, it sound awsome. My little brother is gonna study Genetical Engineering ohmy.gif I know!!!, he's gonna be a mad scientist... he wants to clone... stuff O.O! *gasp* maybe he'll find a way to make me live forever! Scarry but cool to think about bahaha!
    They should make those SOON! I'd buy one... or have someone give me one, since I'm broke!

genetical engineering is ssoooo awsome also!I'd love to graduate on that but i'd never get a job here...