In this Discussion

I have no idea who most of you people are...

167891012»

Comments

• Hi Theresa and Shalu, and welcome to the boards Rosa! biggrin.gif
  • WAAAhey!

Erm, intros, right.

I'm Lola, I'm 18 and am a Science uni student in Brisbane, Australia.

My first exposure to OK Go was around mid 2006 when HIGA was shown at our school assembly (because we're cool and like to put up video clips at the end of assemblies as people are filing out) and I remember thinking 'that was way cool!' and forgetting about it later. Fast forward to about six months later, when during my many bouts of insomnia, I see the DWYW (Party version) clip on a late night music programme thingy. And there I think "they're a band?!" as well as "this is really, really, really catchy". I couldn't get DWYW out of my head and then I knew I had to get their CD.

I've only started posting when I heard that OK Go are coming down to Australia, but was a bit of a lurker before then.

I'm so excited! 13 days!!!
  • ^^^ oooh was it on rage that you saw DWYW?? That was when i realised they were a band too!!!

That man on the channel nine that does entertainment... why can't i think of his name??... played HIGA on Today when it first came out but he didn't call them a band he just said they dance in video clips, so i didn't persue the matter any further. Now i'm mad becasue he delayed a most wonderful experience/obsession

OMG TWO WEEKS AS OF RIGHT THIS VERY FREAKIN SECOND

aaaaahhhhhh

biggrin.gif
  • ^^ YES! I saw it on Rage too! They played it a lot during Christmastime didn't they? Yay for them! Do you remember when they recently had that '20 years of rage' thing? Where they counted down the years and the most influential/popular/memorable clips of each year? Yeah, I stayed up until like 4am, when they FINALLY got to 2006 and then they showed HIGA, and I screamed and did a dance.

Er. Right. I think the third thing that popped in my head upon watching DWYW (besides, "hey those treadmill guys are a BAND!" and "this song is super catchy!") was "whoa, that lead singer is hot!"

That man on the channel nine that does entertainment... why can't i think of his name??... played HIGA on Today when it first came out but he didn't call them a band he just said they dance in video clips, so i didn't persue the matter any further. Now i'm mad becasue he delayed a most wonderful experience/obsession
    Is it Richard Wilkins? The guy with the ridiculous toupee? I only remember his name because that's the name of the evil mayor from S2 Buffy. haha. Yeah, he's an dick.

OMG TWO WEEKS AS OF RIGHT THIS VERY FREAKIN SECOND

We should start a countdown thread!!!
  • QUOTE (KristaMichelle @ Jul 16 2007, 02:57 PM)
    I'm majorly obsessed with... Pirates of the Caribbean, OK Go, and The Beatles.

I only just saw this. And I've decided I like you. Lots. smile.gif

Hey Rosa!
    I could be wrong here, but isn't Surfer Rosa a Pixies album? Kay, you'll know this, right?
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 20 2007, 11:57 AM)
    Hey Rosa!
    I could be wrong here, but isn't Surfer Rosa a Pixies album? Kay, you'll know this, right?

It is indeed the Pixies' debut album! wub.gif
  • Hehe, I knew you'd know, Kay!
    My little fountain of knowledge.
  • Imagine...Rufus doing Pixies covers whilst aboard our ark........
  • I stopped breathing for a moment there.
    Oh wow.
    We'll make him. Simple as that. biggrin.gif
    uhh dan was doing a shakira impression?!!?! please tell me more.

btw, welcome to the boards! i'm melissa!
    Thanks Melissa biggrin.gif ...did you find the video? it's in youtube too...at a Fray concert, when they're doing a cover of "Hips Don't Lie".

Hi Theresa and Shalu, and welcome to the boards Rosa!

Thank you too Krista biggrin.gif

Hey Rosa!
    I could be wrong here, but isn't Surfer Rosa a Pixies album?

Hola biggrin.gif
    It sure is, the first interview I ever heard from OK Go was Tim speaking on a radio show called "Geeks on" or something lol and I think he mentioned his love for pixies music...I just changed the pic in my profile to the Surfer Rosa album cover (no that isn't me showing my boobs in public wink.gif )

un abrazo,
    Rosa
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Jul 20 2007, 06:35 PM)
    Thanks Melissa biggrin.gif ...did you find the video? it's in youtube too...at a Fray concert, when they're doing a cover of "Hips Don't Lie".

oh yes. i saw it :]
    oh yes. i saw it :]

Dan is in dire need of advanced holla hoop lessons if he wants to shake it like Shakira laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Jul 21 2007, 12:48 AM)
    ^^ YES! I saw it on Rage too! They played it a lot during Christmastime didn't they? Yay for them! Do you remember when they recently had that '20 years of rage' thing? Where they counted down the years and the most influential/popular/memorable clips of each year? Yeah, I stayed up until like 4am, when they FINALLY got to 2006 and then they showed HIGA, and I screamed and did a dance.

Er. Right. I think the third thing that popped in my head upon watching DWYW (besides, "hey those treadmill guys are a BAND!" and "this song is super catchy!") was "whoa, that lead singer is hot!"

Is it Richard Wilkins? The guy with the ridiculous toupee? I only remember his name because that's the name of the evil mayor from S2 Buffy. haha. Yeah, he's an dick.
    We should start a countdown thread!!!

YES Richard Wilkins!!!!!!! haha he's my enemy now, if he only had his facts straight there could be more wonderful australian ok go fans!!!
    During Christmas i worked out when that every staurday morning Rage played HIGA or DWYW at around 10am. I was late for work once because i refused to leave the house until they played it! I haven't seen them play it in ages sad.gif

OMG COUNTDOWN!!! 12 days for me!! 11 for you!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Jul 20 2007, 08:57 AM)
    I only just saw this. And I've decided I like you. Lots. smile.gif

And I only just saw this. Thanks, that's always so much nicer to hear than "oh crap, you again." tongue.gif