In this Discussion

I have no idea who most of you people are...

Comments

• MIT MEINEN AUGEN TUT VAY
  • Wilkommen! Ich spreken kein deutsch. (I can't spell it either) smile.gif
  • aww, thanks all for your warm and friendly welcome wub.gif . vielen Dank! biggrin.gif

@jedi_grrlie: hehe, thanks a lot, it's cool that you like my nick Morrigan. well this is in fact an english name so the way you pronounce it will be the right one I guess wink.gif. I have chosen this name because I don't want to use my real name in forums. my real name is known both in english and german speaking countries, btw. smile.gif.

@thephantommilk: (speaking about user names, how cool is YOUR name! I really like it!) you mean "beeil dich", right? it's funny that this is the only phrase you learned, lol. what kind of german food does your family like btw? (and yeah, Guten Tag means hello, or "good day").

@Head full of Crazy: Deine Augen tun weh? why do they hurt then? LOL

@QueenofthePosers: you did it pretty well, thanks for the welcome!! smile.gif

if you like to know anything about me, please feel free to ask. not sure what I can tell about me now, lol. I'm a very boring person I think wink.gif.
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 1 2006, 04:24 PM)
    I've posted a welcome message for Marianna in another topic, that I should post here instead.
    http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...1495&st=120

found it! Let's post here the rest pf the conversation?

Alright!! Now i'm introducing myself in the right place! Sorry everybody! unsure.gif

Well, I'm Marianna, i'm 26 years old. I'm from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Graduated in Psychology but actually I work in a alternative fashion store. Normally, i'm always in jeans, converse shoes and band shirts. I just made two Ok Go shirts, and they look great! But I'm planning to buy an official one as soon as possible. smile.gif

Also, I TRY to play my bass guitar - its name is Dr. Smith. Yes, i like "Lost in Space" series.

I love photography and writing on my blog: www.wonderfool.blogspot.com (it's in portuguese, though). And music, movies, books, comic books, cartoons... all the good things in life! biggrin.gif

and...

QUOTE (tonetoile @ Oct 1 2006, 06:55 PM)
    Oh god, I love Rocky Horror.

so do I!!!!

That's all by now, guys!! Sorry my bad english and please pray for me so that one day I'll see Ok Go live!
    laugh.gif
  • Dude, I went to a showing of Rocky Horror the night before Halloween that was combined with a stage show. It was the best thing I've ever seen, haha. I love crazy awesome midnight showings of that movie.

Damnit, Janet!
  • QUOTE (Morrigan @ Nov 3 2006, 10:09 PM)
    aww, thanks all for your warm and friendly welcome wub.gif . vielen Dank! biggrin.gif

if you like to know anything about me, please feel free to ask. not sure what I can tell about me now, lol. I'm a very boring person I think wink.gif.

Hello and welcome.
    I'm not brave enough to try to write in German, sorry.

Can I ask what's your name?

QUOTE (Marianna @ Nov 4 2006, 12:33 AM)
    Alright!! Now i'm introducing myself in the right place! Sorry everybody! unsure.gif

Well, I'm Marianna, i'm 26 years old. I'm from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Graduated in Psychology but actually I work in a alternative fashion store. Normally, i'm always in jeans, converse shoes and band shirts. I just made two Ok Go shirts, and they look great! But I'm planning to buy an official one as soon as possible. smile.gif

Also, I TRY to play my bass guitar - its name is Dr. Smith. Yes, i like "Lost in Space" series.

I love photography and writing on my blog: www.wonderfool.blogspot.com (it's in portuguese, though). And music, movies, books, comic books, cartoons... all the good things in life! biggrin.gif

and...
    so do I!!!!

That's all by now, guys!! Sorry my bad english and please pray for me so that one day I'll see Ok Go live!
    laugh.gif

I've already wrote a comment in your blog!
    Guess in what topic?? tongue.gif

I have a page in hi5 (i don't know if you've ever heard of it). If you want to check it out :

My Webpage
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 4 2006, 10:41 PM)
    Hello and welcome.
    I'm not brave enough to try to write in German, sorry.

Can I ask what's your name?

hi m_I_a, thanks a lot biggrin.gif . well I hope it's ok for you but I don't really want to post my real name here at this point - it has NOTHING to do with anyone here but it's because of my "experience" with a guy who's stalking me online rolleyes.gif . oh btw I forgot to mention my age.... I guess I'm already a kinda granny here, LOL, I'm 35 yrs old cool.gif .
  • QUOTE (Morrigan @ Nov 5 2006, 02:50 AM)
    hi m_I_a, thanks a lot biggrin.gif . well I hope it's ok for you but I don't really want to post my real name here at this point - it has NOTHING to do with anyone here but it's because of my "experience" with a guy who's stalking me online rolleyes.gif . oh btw I forgot to mention my age.... I guess I'm already a kinda granny here, LOL, I'm 35 yrs old cool.gif .

No problem, it was just curiosity wink.gif
    No, you're not granny cause there are many people here older than you. Actually there are people of all ages. Btw, I'm 18 laugh.gif (I'm quite young compared with most of the fans, but there are some younger than me)
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Nov 5 2006, 03:21 PM)
    No problem, it was just curiosity wink.gif
    No, you're not granny cause there are many people here older than you. Actually there are people of all ages. Btw, I'm 18 laugh.gif (I'm quite young compared with most of the fans, but there are some younger than me)

ahh, that's good to know smile.gif. I'll turn 36 in December and my daughter is already 12 yrs old, getting 13 in February. she likes OK GO too and every time I have to take her to a friend or any other place by car she asks me to play one of the OK GO CDs, lol. personally I think she likes Damian much, but one time she asked me if Andy and Damian were brothers, HA HA. laugh.gif anyway, I'm glad I can be here and hopefully find out more about these fabulous guys smile.gif.
  • QUOTE (Morrigan @ Nov 3 2006, 10:09 PM)
    aww, thanks all for your warm and friendly welcome wub.gif . vielen Dank! biggrin.gif

@jedi_grrlie: hehe, thanks a lot, it's cool that you like my nick Morrigan. well this is in fact an english name so the way you pronounce it will be the right one I guess wink.gif. I have chosen this name because I don't want to use my real name in forums. my real name is known both in english and german speaking countries, btw. smile.gif.

@thephantommilk: (speaking about user names, how cool is YOUR name! I really like it!) you mean "beeil dich", right? it's funny that this is the only phrase you learned, lol. what kind of german food does your family like btw? (and yeah, Guten Tag means hello, or "good day").

@Head full of Crazy: Deine Augen tun weh? why do they hurt then? LOL

@QueenofthePosers: you did it pretty well, thanks for the welcome!! smile.gif

its sadly the only german i know, after studying it for to many years at school

im sure that what i said makes no sence anyway =p
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 5 2006, 06:51 PM)
    its sadly the only german i know, after studying it for to many years at school

im sure that what i said makes no sence anyway =p

lol, that's cute!! wub.gif

and yeah it does make sense - it means "my eyes hurt" biggrin.gif
  • I didn't notice this thread until today, when I was doing some searching, and I already know a few forum members from the JC or from my facebook group, but I shall introduce myself anyway:
    I'm Hannah. I'm 18 years old (for another 13 days anyway), I've been an OK Go fan for quite a while, but only got into the JC a bit over a year ago, and the forums even more recently than that.

I enjoy:
    ~OK Go
    ~Photography (I was going to school for it, but found that doing so was far too expensive, and thus shall be transferring out soonish)
    ~other good music
    ~my friends
    ~pizza
    ~good tv shows
    ~chatting with people about things I like
    ~Gummy fruit
    ~reading (although I haven't done much of that lately)
    ~writing
    ~telling people far more about myself than they'd ever have any interest in knowing
    ~meeting the bands I adore
    ~creating lists
    ~using parenthesis
    ~sarcasm
    ~good grammar
    ~cheerful people
    ~silliness
    ~creating words
    ~singing
    ~blogging
    ~taking (and posting online) TONS of random pictures of my friends and myself
    ~various other random crap

I do NOT enjoy:
    ~people who lie solely because the truth isn't interesting enough for them
    ~music snobs
    ~bad things happening to good people
    ~unnecessary negativity (not pessimism or sarcasm, but negativity)
    ~people who get angry too easily
    ~people who are offended by sarcasm
    ~having people assume that they're better than those around them
    ~being corrected when I'm in the right
    ~not being corrected when I'm in the wrong
    ~bruises and other injuries that you get in embarrassing ways (I have a huge bruise from getting down from a friend's bed, and I broke both of my feet dancing)
    ~being treated as if I'm ignorant solely because people don't necessarily follow my train of thought

I am:
    ~a bit crazy
    ~more than a bit obsessed
    ~mildly obsessive compulsive with some things
    ~indecisive when it comes to decisions that involve other people
    ~amazingly decisive when it comes to decisions that involve just me
    ~hideously long-winded

If there's anything else about me you'd like to know, feel free to either find me on myspace, facebook, livejournal, writing.com, or the JC, or send me a message.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Sep 28 2006, 06:14 AM)
    Hey, I'm Melissa, I live in the rad part of the world, I have 3 sisters, and I'm a 2nd year in York University... also I'm now 20...
    oh my, I always thought your name was Penelope... sorry man.

and

I still don't know what les mis is... someone enlighten me... I'm feeling really ignorant here...

In case nobody has answered this (I don't have time to read the entire thread right now) Les Mis is a shortened name for Les Miserables, which is a rather amazing play

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 29 2006, 02:34 AM)
    wub.gif
    I am so obsessed with Nutella right now, it's not even funny. It's currently taking the place of my honey peanut butter addiction.

I love Nutella too! It's the one food item where when I buy it, I don't share it with ANYONE, it's all mine!

QUOTE (Pearl @ Sep 29 2006, 11:16 PM)
    I can understand Portuguese but don't actually know how to hold a convo =\... yes I suck.
    I also loooooooooove Nutella aaand Marmite biggrin.gif YUM!
    BTW, there are a TON of young people here, I feel old-ish haha *clears throat*

Oh and I don't find Portuguese hard, it's almost *almost people, almost* like Spanish smile.gif, and I'm SUPER flluent in Spanish, no really, I can make the Spain-ian (hahaha) accent, the Argentinian accent, Venezuelan, Puerto Rican BAHAHA! I love them, especially Spanish, the accent is fucking fantastic, and I'm GREAT with slang

I'm atrocious with Spanish accents, I took Spanish for a bit in sixth grade (because it was retired) and at the end of the class, my teacher recommended I take Italian, which, coming from a Spanish teacher, probably isn't a good thing.

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Sep 30 2006, 02:18 AM)
    HAHA, my dad would like, die if he read that. (But shhh, it's true. I don't know Spanish, but I can get what people are saying from time to time. But I suppose 7 years of French and a year of Latin also help. tongue.gif)

I know Latin is supposed to help with Portugese, but does it really? I mean, obviously it would help a little vocabulary-wise, but Latin grammar is nothing like the grammar in any other language, so I really wouldn't think it would help that much...

QUOTE (m_I_a @ Sep 30 2006, 01:30 PM)
    Portuguese don't like spanish and spanish don't like portuguese, just like you americans don't like canadians (that's kinda true isn't it?or am i just saying nonsenses?).

I'm American, and I like Canadians
  • Umm. My name is Nicola. I'm from Australia (Melbourne, which is the best)... I'm 15, 16 in six months, I play the piano, I do gymnastics and sports acrobatics. Love science. Nearly everything I say is sarcastic. 'cept this. Aaaand, um... I love cereal lots and lots and lots.
  • hi I'm Elise not many people know me either I just jump in where I can.
  • I suppose that this would be as good a time as any to introduce myself...I'm Hannah and I have a tendency to lurk around the boards, but not post anything...that kinda makes me sound like a stalker though...which I'm not
  • I'm Melissa

I absolutely love art

If you need to know more, just ask.
  • I love art too! and internet and TV but honestly I am absolutely a MUSIC FREAK!
  • Glad that I'll finally recognize some people when I'm on...of course, now that I'm on march break, I'll be able to be on more often...so I'll get to know people. yay.
  • Hi, I've only been here for a short time. I've also been in the JC for only a little while.
    My name's Kayleigh, I'm 16. I have a slight obsession with dragons and a huge obsession with OK Go. I'm sarcastic, a lot. I have a swearing and violence problem that I am currently trying to fix (which is SUPER hard) and I love to draw even though I'm not really good at it.

I'm kinda crazy, so just try and put up with me, okay! tongue.gif