In this Discussion

I have no idea who most of you people are...

Comments

• QUOTE (Pearl @ Oct 20 2006, 07:53 AM)
    I sooooooooo have to, hehe =D

and if you speak Spanish I can teach you portuguese laugh.gif You've been seeing pictures of which parts of Portugal?Lisbon?
  • YAY that would be awsome hehe biggrin.gif... yeah I've been seeing pictures of ~~don't know if I'm spelling this right~~ Setubal.
  • I'm Melanie, 23, I've been around these boards since 2000.
    From chicago, obviously.
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ Oct 21 2006, 07:07 AM)
    YAY that would be awsome hehe biggrin.gif... yeah I've been seeing pictures of ~~don't know if I'm spelling this right~~ Setubal.

LOL that's where I live really near by and where my college is (it's perfectly spelled). I just usually say that I'm from Lisbon because it's really close (20 min) and not everybody knows Setúbal. It's a very beautifull city! What a coincidence laugh.gif
  • OMG no way!! Who would have thought lmao. I've been looking at so many pics, and it's really pretty, I really want to go there.... but seriously, what a wicked cool coincidence biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 18 2006, 11:42 AM)
    I'm feeling discriminated sad.gif ! If you go to Spain you can visit me here! I asure you it's a very beautifull country and and from Madrid it's like only 8h of drinving...

Speaking of visiting the Iberian Peninsula, help me make up my mind as to where I should go for my birthday! I'm seriously considering both Barcelona and Porto (as well as Geneva, Strasbourg, and some other French cities).

Mind you, I have a limited budget, and two days: I'd fly in on a Saturday morning and leave either really late Sunday night or really early Monday morning.
  • I'd go to Barcelona..but I don't actually know anything about the other cities, except what I've read about Geneva in Frankenstein..

Plus there's a Rufus song about Barcelooonaaa.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Oct 23 2006, 10:00 PM)
    Speaking of visiting the Iberian Peninsula, help me make up my mind as to where I should go for my birthday! I'm seriously considering both Barcelona and Porto (as well as Geneva, Strasbourg, and some other French cities).

Mind you, I have a limited budget, and two days: I'd fly in on a Saturday morning and leave either really late Sunday night or really early Monday morning.

My advice is that you leave Barcelona to anoher oportunity because Barcelona is a HUGE city and in 2 days you can't see not even a little bit. Plus it's not that cheap because the food and hotels are kinda expensive. Porto is a small city compared to Barcelona and you have familly there which pherhaps means that you don't have to pay for an hotel. Plus you'll find everything in Portugal rather cheap. In 2 days if you really want to see some monuments and museums and to tour around a city it's better to choose a small one. I'm telling you this because I was in Barcelona for only 3 days and I was so frustrated because there was no time for me to see all of the icons of the city.
  • QUOTE (Pearl @ Oct 23 2006, 08:37 AM)
    OMG no way!! Who would have thought lmao. I've been looking at so many pics, and it's really pretty, I really want to go there.... but seriously, what a wicked cool coincidence biggrin.gif

You have to come here and I'll take you to the major points of the city and to the college partys that rock the city it's the most fun!I was at one yesterday laugh.gif
    During the school period there are many young people in the city because of the college and there's planty animation.You should come to Setúbal!
  • wow i feel rather new, probably due to the fact i am. inly know 2 people realy.

im Helene, 14, Australia
  • Welcome Helene, I hope you have lots of fun on the board laugh.gif
  • hehe thanx im sure i will biggrin.gif just another destraction from homework and everything else in life. well actualy no life.
  • QUOTE (o0buttons0o @ Oct 27 2006, 05:30 AM)
    wow i feel rather new, probably due to the fact i am. inly know 2 people realy.
    im Helene, 14, Australia

Howdy, welcome to the boards!
  • I've posted a welcome message for Marianna in another topic, that I should post here instead.
    http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?...1495&st=120

found it! Let's post here the rest pf the conversation?
  • QUOTE (m_I_a @ Oct 27 2006, 09:45 AM)
    My advice is that you leave Barcelona to anoher oportunity because Barcelona is a HUGE city and in 2 days you can't see not even a little bit. Plus it's not that cheap because the food and hotels are kinda expensive. Porto is a small city compared to Barcelona and you have familly there which pherhaps means that you don't have to pay for an hotel. Plus you'll find everything in Portugal rather cheap. In 2 days if you really want to see some monuments and museums and to tour around a city it's better to choose a small one. I'm telling you this because I was in Barcelona for only 3 days and I was so frustrated because there was no time for me to see all of the icons of the city.

Oops. Well. Eu vai a Barcelona. Eu acho. Nao sei. tongue.gif I'm feeling a little conflicted re: my travelling partner right now....<.<
  • yeah it's normal, too many amazing places at the same time laugh.gif Anyway, hopefully you'll have planty of time and money to see them all. (at least that's what I wish)
  • hi, I'm new here too...but already reading for a bit. I guess I'm already one of the older fans, lol, but quite new to the fandom. my name is Morrigan and I'm from Germany smile.gif.
  • QUOTE (Morrigan @ Nov 2 2006, 09:44 PM)
    hi, I'm new here too...but already reading for a bit. I guess I'm already one of the older fans, lol, but quite new to the fandom. my name is Morrigan and I'm from Germany smile.gif.

Hi! I don't speak German. :\ Otherwise I'd greet you in German. :\ again.

But I love your name- how do you pronounce it?? I've only heard it pronounced the Irish/Celtic way, so I don't know if you pronounce it differently.
  • oo0000oooo.... germans!

we're gaining a lot more international fans now....huh.

anwho, the only german I know is "hurry up".(dunno how to spell it in german... wow, I suck.) Well, it's the only phrase that was "passed down" from my great-great-grandparents when they immigrated to New York. (Although my dad's family is big on german food. I guess the food was more important than the language, haha.)

obviously, I know that Gutentag means hello, and whatnot.

I do want learn german one day... (then again, I want to learn just about every language in existence, but you know...)

and back to my original point... HI! welcome to the boards, I like Germans, etc.

and katy, you could always just greet her in portuguese if you like =P