In this Discussion

Official OK Go ties & buttons @ A Fine Tooth

Comments

• ooo..thats one colourfull tie

i just had the genious idea of selling tie-die ties

but im to lazy to do own about it
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 29 2006, 11:17 AM)
    i kept getting out bidded
    so i just bought one on "buy it now"

hopfully it will be here before 2007

oh! I really like that one, it's really nice.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 29 2006, 03:17 PM)
    i kept getting out bidded
    so i just bought one on "buy it now"

hopfully it will be here before 2007

buttface, I was going to give you a tie as a surprise. Quit ruining my plans!
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Nov 29 2006, 06:44 PM)
    buttface, I was going to give you a tie as a surprise. Quit ruining my plans!

Well you know, *I* don't have a tie yet...*hint hint*
  • if i had the money, i would by all the lovely people on the boards a tie for crimbo

but im poor

so all i can offer is a smiley face

=)
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 30 2006, 08:39 PM)
    if i had the money, i would by all the lovely people on the boards a tie for crimbo
    but im poor
    =)

A smiley face would be fine.

smile.gif

edit: *forgot to quote the post*
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 30 2006, 07:39 AM)
    if i had the money, i would by all the lovely people on the boards a tie for crimbo
    but im poor
    =)

I gladly accept the smiley. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • Psh. I didn't get a fancy note. =/

But, despite that fact, I did get a tie that is fabulous and that I love very much:

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l107/mar...pg?t=1164913641

I received it in the mail a couple days ago, upon seeing it's belovedness I screamed like the obsessive fan that I am, and then did a drunkard version of the 'A Million Ways' dance.

And, I was also elated to see that the tie actually had a 'hint' of a brownish color in it, and also, it had a 'satiny' feel, in which, I wasn't prepared for and and started to scrutinize every single inch of the tie.

Also, I'm glad about the size, I was going to go for the bigger ones. Giving homage to the phrase, "The Bigger the Better." but, I ended up not liking the rest that were up and got the above. *shrug* I still wuv it though, and I think it fits my 'frame' better anyways.
  • The computer I am on is lame and has a retarded blue tint to it, so I can't really see the proper color of your tie, but I will try to imagine. I got so excited when I got a note! It was seriously almost as sweet as the ties themselves, I think when I meet the guys again, I'll have them sign the note, forcing them to agree with James.
  • I got an email today.

"OFFICIAL OK Go MERCHANDISE
    The third round of auctions for Official OK Go Ties & Buttons begins TODAY and ends on DEC 8.

There are ONLY 10 ITEMS LEFT, including 9 TIES and 1 BUTTON. (That's right, only 1 button left!)

While each of the 100 items on auction were selected by the band, only one (1) tie out of 65 ties actually once belonged to a member of the band. This tie is one of the remaining 9 ties still on auction.

So as not to cause a frenzy on this one item, the tie in question, as well as to which OK Go member the tie belonged, will remain secret and will only be revealed as a surprise to the winning buyer--and will only be published after the auction has completed.

See if you can guess which one:

http://stores.ebay.com/afinetooth

Also, two of the remaining ties, selected at random, will be shipped with brooches in special (if random!) thanks for making these auctions a total success, for us at A Fine Tooth and for the band."

I want a free brooch. sad.gif But there's no way in hell they're making me buy another tie. Oh yeah, there's only 9 items left. One of the ties was bought.
  • im happy with my tie

well i will be when it arives
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 1 2006, 06:49 PM)
    I got an email today.

"OFFICIAL OK Go MERCHANDISE
    The third round of auctions for Official OK Go Ties & Buttons begins TODAY and ends on DEC 8.

There are ONLY 10 ITEMS LEFT, including 9 TIES and 1 BUTTON. (That's right, only 1 button left!)

While each of the 100 items on auction were selected by the band, only one (1) tie out of 65 ties actually once belonged to a member of the band. This tie is one of the remaining 9 ties still on auction.

So as not to cause a frenzy on this one item, the tie in question, as well as to which OK Go member the tie belonged, will remain secret and will only be revealed as a surprise to the winning buyer--and will only be published after the auction has completed.

See if you can guess which one:

http://stores.ebay.com/afinetooth

Also, two of the remaining ties, selected at random, will be shipped with brooches in special (if random!) thanks for making these auctions a total success, for us at A Fine Tooth and for the band."

I want a free brooch. sad.gif But there's no way in hell they're making me buy another tie. Oh yeah, there's only 9 items left. One of the ties was bought.

Oh my.

While I am happy with my own tie aswell, I'm very excited to hear that one of those ties was worn by an actual member himself. And a free brooche is always welcome with me. But, I'll get over it quickly. Who ever does receive the lucky tie and the 2 brooche recipients is a lucky fan. *shrug*

I'm still in suspense over the whole 'backstage pass' thing, I've read over all the other posts. I'm forced to agree with the opposed. But, I think everyone is still unstable on the fact. If anyone ever does find out what exactly these ties and buttons entail, please post. =)
  • I want another one of the ties so bad! Maybe I can talk my parents into getting me that orange one for Christmas...
  • So I just got my last tie in the mail. And in it was a note from James thanking me for buying stuff, and he included a brooch too! such excitement!!!! laugh.gif

It's got OK Go and Oh No stamped on it, if you can't see it below:

Now I just need some shoelaces stamped with OK Go, and I'll be set. hahah.
  • Lucky! I bought a broach to go with my tie, it is very lovely.

When I saw Damian at UCSD Friday I showed him and complimented it.
  • That's so awesome. I'm glad a boardie got a brooch.
  • If I could, I share it and my ties with all of you!

Instead, I'm trying to make everyone fabulous buttons.
  • Buttons that aren't falling apart?
  • Why yes!

And probably not made of vintage ties, since I don't have any on hand.

But fabulous buttons, nonetheless!
  • Oooh, goody! Buttons happy.gif

Man, you're lucky to get one of the brooches! And I love the tie you got too. Very snazzy