In this Discussion

Official OK Go ties & buttons @ A Fine Tooth

Comments

• So Kikky, does that mean you got the tie that belonged to the boys? Or did they just include it because you're awesome?

I got mine yesterday! I wore it as a headband to my choir practice, and everyone got a good chuckle out of it. :-) Now I just have to figure out how to work it into my outfit for Saturday!
  • *bumps*

I just checked out A Fine Tooth's store and they now have a few OK Go-style brooches up for grabs:

Brooch 1

Brooch 2

Brooch 3

While I do like Brooch 3 and might have claimed it right off the bat, I will have to pass since it is not "official" OK Go merch (I am looking to claim one of those awesome brooches that have "OK Go" in the center piece). Sorry, boys! smile.gif

By the way - does someone want to explain to me what in the heck Damian is doing to Andy (in the picture within the auction)? *laughs* "Innocent Andy was only trying to check his cell when Damian came along and started to strangle him with his own jacket..."
  • Hey all,
    I didn't read every post in this thread...so this may have been mentioned already, but the tie that was worn by a member has already been won and shipped. There is a picture of it in the image gallery and the note included says it was worn by Andy. Like I said, sorry if this is old news, but in case people are bidding outrageous amounts in hopes of getting the ONE worn by the band, it's gone.
  • QUOTE (Penelope @ Dec 7 2006, 04:46 PM)
    Hey all,
    I didn't read every post in this thread...so this may have been mentioned already, but the tie that was worn by a member has already been won and shipped. There is a picture of it in the image gallery and the note included says it was worn by Andy. Like I said, sorry if this is old news, but in case people are bidding outrageous amounts in hopes of getting the ONE worn by the band, it's gone.

lol I just came here to say that Nida (she's on MySpace, not sure if she's posted here at all yet) got that tie! She received it in the mail today! Here's a link to her blog about it (I hope she won't mind me doing this ...):
    Nida's blog
    She scanned the note about it and included pictures of the tie in its package. The note says it is indeed the only one that belonged to a band member.

Soooo awesome.
    (She's one of the girls I went to the Thursday Chicago show with, btw--she traveled all the way from California! Too cool. And she's earned some OK Go love--the first two times she was going to see them, the shows were cancelled last-minute. Yay for Nida!!!)
  • ooooh, I really want #2! It seems like it would kinda go with my tie!
    *runs to go compare them*

Close enough. Goody, I have something else to add to my Christmas list wink.gif
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 7 2006, 12:44 PM)
    By the way - does someone want to explain to me what in the heck Damian is doing to Andy (in the picture within the auction)? *laughs* "Innocent Andy was only trying to check his cell when Damian came along and started to strangle him with his own jacket..."
    Thanks for posting this--I love the picture!!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 5 2006, 11:03 AM)
    So Kikky, does that mean you got the tie that belonged to the boys? Or did they just include it because you're awesome?

I got mine yesterday! I wore it as a headband to my choir practice, and everyone got a good chuckle out of it. :-) Now I just have to figure out how to work it into my outfit for Saturday!

I just noticed you asked me a question. Wow, I'm slow on these things! mellow.gif

They included it because I'm awesome of course!!! haahah, just kidding. I'm not really sure why I got it, since I bought the tie from the first auction before they even mentioned the idea of handing out brooches. It might be because we had been talking about the ties not being backstage passes, and maybe they felt bad about it and sent it as a consolation prize? I don't know. Either way, it's pretty snazzy for a costume brooch. I'm scared to wear it, I keep thinking I'll lose it with my luck.. dry.gif

QUOTE (sherib @ Dec 7 2006, 08:01 PM)
    lol I just came here to say that Nida (she's on MySpace, not sure if she's posted here at all yet) got that tie! She received it in the mail today! Here's a link to her blog about it (I hope she won't mind me doing this ...):
    Nida's blog
    She scanned the note about it and included pictures of the tie in its package. The note says it is indeed the only one that belonged to a band member.

Soooo awesome.
    (She's the girl I went to the Thursday Chicago show with, btw--she traveled all the way from California! Too cool. And she's earned some OK Go love--the first two times she was going to see them, the shows were cancelled last-minute. Yay for Nida!!!)

I wonder if it smells of sweet famousity and fancy glory? And by that, I mean sweat. hahah.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Dec 7 2006, 05:25 PM)
    They included it because I'm awesome of course!!! haahah, just kidding. I'm not really sure why I got it, since I bought the tie from the first auction before they even mentioned the idea of handing out brooches. It might be because we had been talking about the ties not being backstage passes, and maybe they felt bad about it and sent it as a consolation prize? I don't know. Either way, it's pretty snazzy for a costume brooch. I'm scared to wear it, I keep thinking I'll lose it with my luck.. dry.gif

Well, you bought a lot of stuff, right? So maybe it was their gift to you for being such a good customer!

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 7 2006, 10:44 AM)

I have no idea, but doesn't it look like Damian is trying to arrest Andy? Or maybe that's just me.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Dec 7 2006, 04:01 PM)
    Nida's blog

Soooo awesome.
    (She's the girl I went to the Thursday Chicago show with, btw--she traveled all the way from California! Too cool. And she's earned some OK Go love--the first two times she was going to see them, the shows were cancelled last-minute. Yay for Nida!!!)

That's insanely awesome! Though now I'm sad, I almost bought that tie. Ah well. Mine shall be fabulous as well!

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 7 2006, 10:44 AM)

I just kind of assumed that that was Damian taking a brooch off of Andy's jacket, though in hindsight I have NO CLUE what drove me to that assumption.
  • QUOTE (Kikky @ Dec 7 2006, 08:25 PM)
    I just noticed you asked me a question. Wow, I'm slow on these things! mellow.gif

I wonder if it smells of sweet famousity and fancy glory? And by that, I mean sweat. hahah.

You know, the ties may not be backstage passes, but the guys DEFINITELY appreciate seeing fans with them. I wore mine on Saturday to the 9:30 club (I swear a review is forthcoming) and since I was waving it around at them, Dan walked over to me before AMW and HANDED me his drumstick. And then I died.
  • Wow! Just because you showed your tie? Sweet! Can't wait for my next show. Hugs all around! lol wink.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 11 2006, 09:25 PM)
    You know, the ties may not be backstage passes, but the guys DEFINITELY appreciate seeing fans with them. I wore mine on Saturday to the 9:30 club (I swear a review is forthcoming) and since I was waving it around at them, Dan walked over to me before AMW and HANDED me his drumstick. And then I died.

They didn't even notice Angela and my tie at the UCSD show, even when I was talking to Damian after the show, he didn't notice. It wasn't until I asked him what knot he uses to tie his tie, and I went to explain my knot, and he went to examine my tie tieing abilities by closely examing my knot did he realize I had an offical OK Go tie.

But that could be because they weren't really expecting them yet, as it was just after they started going on sale.
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Dec 12 2006, 12:49 AM)
    Wow! Just because you showed your tie? Sweet! Can't wait for my next show. Hugs all around! lol wink.gif

I can only assume. Of course it was a Radio show where not a lot of big OK Go fans were in attendance and Adam and I were totally going all out with the cheering.

Also, Dan might've recognized us from the other three shows we were at last month. But I was waving that tie like a maniac during "Get Over It", LOL.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 11 2006, 09:25 PM)

Getting a drumstick is awesome too. I've never gotten a Dan drumstick before. Maybe my tie will help next time I see them. I can't wait to read your review!
  • my tie has yet to arive

=(
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Dec 12 2006, 04:47 AM)
    my tie has yet to arive
    =(

My tie either has yet to arrive, or my parents have yet to notify me that it's arrived (I don't have my own ebay account, so everything I buy on ebay gets sent to my parents' house in Missouri).
  • hmmm, well i am in england also, so it should arive this week sometime
  • aprently my tie has been here all the time

my parents hid it from me....lovely
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 7 2006, 10:44 AM)

It's not just Damian, it seems like everyone around Andy is trying to strangle him. Maybe when he's with cell, he doesn't pay attention to anything else. They saw this as their opportunity to take everything they wanted from Andy.
  • I got tie number 25 and it came with a nice brooch with it. I didnt even know they were throwing them in I just thought they were just being nice lol.
    OKGO tie # 25