In this Discussion

Tour with Snow Patrol in Spring 2007?

Comments

• QUOTE (terren @ Dec 10 2006, 09:01 PM)
    AaahhahhhhhhH!
    Yay! I wonder what the other two shows are?

The other two shows are Seattle and Universal City. I posted pre-sale info about them already.
  • San Francisco pre-sale starts tomorrow at 10 AM, just to let you guys know.
  • Thanks!
    I GOT MY TICKETS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!
    ...so excited... wacko.gif
  • I got my tickets too. I'm so relieved. I've spent more than a month freaking out about this show as you can tell from all the crazy posts. Only 79 days until the show!
  • I got my tickets yesterday. I'm so happy! I just wish they mentioned something about OK Go on them. But, what do you expect when they are opening? I've only got... *counts on fingers* 76 days. Woot! Counting that day though. Cuz, I wont be there until 4. But 75 before that day dawns biggrin.gif
  • Well, I've only seen OK Go as an opening band once. Maybe twice. At the Motion City show, they played 10 songs (I wouldn't have remembered but I got the set list for that show) and they did the dance. So that's about half an hour. They probably won't do anything like acoustic sets and tambourines, but it'll be a good show.
  • Ooooh! So they DO in fact do the dance still? Yipee! I love the dance. I'd be ever so sad if they didn't do it... But gosh, 30 minutes isn't that long. With any luck they'll go for more like 45 this time around. But I doubt it. I'll still hope for that though. Is Damian still as talkative as normal even though they have less time?
  • Yeah, they'll do the dance. At my show Damian was sick, so I don't think he talked a lot. He mentioned how he was on steroids, but I don't remember him saying much. Mostly I just remember Tim ignoring me at that show.
  • Aw, Tim, how could you? Tisk tisk. At the show I went to he really didn't say anything. Like, ever. I figured he'd at least say 1 little thing. The most that happened with Tim was me making eye contact and smiling super big, him chuckling slightly when he saw the picture on my cell phone as I waved it around (it's a drawn mouth with it's tongue kinda hanging out. Looks slightly like The Rolling Stones, but not really. It's the only one that I like that lets me see what time it is sleep.gif) because it is pretty strange looking. Or at least I assume that's what it was. He looked right into my eyes after that. And he was looking at me as I fished one of those feathers out of my eye. I ALWAYS get things in my eye. I feel like Lenny in The Simpsons. "Oh no! My eye! My doctor said I'm not supposed to get feathers in it!"
  • Well, that was during the period when me and my sister kept bugging Tim to play What To Do. Earlier that night, we asked if he would play it and he said, "Not a chance." Then we told him that if he didn't play it, we would yell at him during the show to play the Twins theme song. So we yelled out What To Do and the Twins theme song, but he just ignored us.

But you've never had pudding in your eye, right?
  • Hahaha, no. No pudding laugh.gif

I kinda wish they would do song requests every once in a while. But, I do understand that it's their show, their music, and for their pleasure. But I think it would be cool for them to do the rap. Or I really want them to play Crash The Party. I especially like the drums in that one. I've made a sign that requests the song, so I'm sure I'll get the same speach from Damian about him not caring what we want. But, I suppose it is just all about what sort of reaction you can get from him...
  • this would be such an amazing tour...
  • If anyone goes to this let me know if they are allowing cameras. I called the venue where I want to go and they said they wont know until a few days ahead of time.

Adrienne
  • If you're on the Capitol Street Team, you should go sign up for a show because they posted the Snow Patrol dates. Too bad they did it right after I left the house to go eat dinner. I think there's still a few more dates left. I remember Seattle is still there.
  • I don't feel like looking through the entirety of my own post, but I just realized last week that Silversun Pickups are opening for OK Go and Snow Patrol. They're really awesome, you guys should check out "Lazy Eye" by them.
  • I'm going to the show in Toronto. All the floor tickets were sold out by the time I got there >:/ But it seems like nobody is buying tickets for the stands. Weird.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 12 2006, 08:03 PM)
    I got my tickets too. I'm so relieved. I've spent more than a month freaking out about this show as you can tell from all the crazy posts. Only 79 days until the show!
    laugh.gif I'm counting down already too--87 days for me ...

QUOTE (Ushies @ Dec 12 2006, 10:50 PM)
    Ooooh! So they DO in fact do the dance still? Yipee! I love the dance. I'd be ever so sad if they didn't do it... But gosh, 30 minutes isn't that long. With any luck they'll go for more like 45 this time around. But I doubt it. I'll still hope for that though. Is Damian still as talkative as normal even though they have less time?
    They played about 50 minutes in Nov. opening for Death Cab, so I'm thinking/hoping they'll have at least that much on this tour. They did the dance. And Damian was talkative like at other shows. Not terribly talkative, as he was sick. He talked about being on steroids. laugh.gif Deja vu, huh, Kalinda?
  • Were they the only opening band for Death Cab, though? 'Cause Silversun Pickups is playing, too.
  • 50 minutes of OK Go would be WONDERFUL! for being an opening band...that's pretty good. Though there is another opening band as well, so that might cut it down to...45 minutes hehe.

only 52 days left for me! I feel like this ---> laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • Oh yeah. Yeah, they were. Didn't take that into consideration.

But I've been at shows with more than one opening band where each had 45 minutes on (or maybe it just seemed really really long to me ... are you listening, Pretty Girls Make Graves? *we need a better rolling-eyes face on here, one that's not smiling* I think she said, "We're a Seattle band" about 40 times during the set). Actually, that particular show I'm thinking of now, I think the first opening band had less time than that. Cut Copy probably about half an hour, Pretty Girls ... about 45 min. (This was at Franz Ferdinand, btw)

But perhaps it'll work out the same way with this--Silversun Pickups half an hour-ish, OK Go 45 min.-ish.